Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Peepli Live: No National Awards? (Page 4)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Maybe Aamir has gotten sick of National awards too! A lot of people say that NAs have lost credibility and I think Aamir's ultimate goal is Oscars and he is not keen about most of the Indian awards.

Edited by ladygaga - 24 May 2011 at 10:24pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenTheDilettante

Micky_elle Goldie
Micky_elle
Micky_elle

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Perhaps Peepli live did not deserve a national award, I dont know havent watched the movie myself. But did Dabangg deserve the award? NO..National awards has lost their credibility long back...its just like any other filmfare or IIFA award.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazingaa

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Peepli live is true face of Indian Media how are they building up the stories on expense of troubled people, it covered the two very sensitive issues India is struggling with these days, medias bullying and Farmer's suicide. You can call it "no fun movie" but its way too good then any i-will-die-without-you-moi-puppyeyes.. it has content and acting...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Micky_elle-iktaara-TheDilettanteDevilsKick

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ladygagaNuktaacheen

DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Jaaron kya "NATHA" milla kisi ko ?? ja nahin ?? Shocked
Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDilettante

Originally posted by ladygaga

Maybe Aamir has gotten sick of National awards too! A lot of people say that NAs have lost credibility and I think Aamir's ultimate goal is Oscars and he is not keen about most of the Indian awards.

I do think that his patience withered. Even his good contacts at the center [what's with only him getting invited to Obama's official dinner at New Delhi along with Shabana Azmi], didn't fetch him the National Award that he desired.

Also, Rizvi didn't leave any opportunity to slander his marketing skills. She wanted Peepli Live to be a small film. Then why did she pick Aamir Khan to produce it, I wonder. On one hand, it got the fame that it did because of Aamir's marketing skills, the other hand it's sad to see your baby being called someone else's product.

I think Dhobi Ghat is Aamir's last attempt at Academy. Mumbai Diaries (A la The Motorcycle Diaries) + Short film (95 mins) + Two-time Academy Award & Grammy winner Gustavo Santaolalla's background score.

Aamir Khan ne iss baar door ki sochi hai. Ab nahin to kabhi nahin.

Does he really cares  about national awards? TZP has won 3 NAs, maybe he knew it from insiders that PL didn't stand a chance this year, so he didn't bother sending it or maybe it was due to his spat with the director. Anyways, winning a national award is not a biggie these days, even Ajay said it that after some people's winning they just have lost their credibility! Most of these decisions regarding who is gonna win seem strategic to me anyways, this year it seemed that regional cinema dominated these awards. PL got its chance at the oscars and even then a lot of people were complaining that only Aamir's movies get sent to these awards, so maybe to give others a chance it was obvious that Aamir's movie won't win much.

His ultimate aim is Oscars, after this we don't know if he will try or if his movies will be sent. Anyways i really feel that most indian filmakers fall flat when they really try hard to get something right, most of the times when films get made naturally without many expectations then the results are much better.

Edited by ladygaga - 25 May 2011 at 3:24pm

NuktaacheenTheDilettante

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

ladygagaNuktaacheen

Go to top