Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: sheee

Maya is always singing peepli live's songs. No wonder she made a topic exclusively on Peepli Live.
Call me dumb, not intelligent enough, or path breaking super intelligent (because I break the path by being intelligent, even though I don'tlike aamir's movies) but I don't even like Aamir's movies names. Whats with peepli live, dhobi ghat and deli belli. too dry

Ha Ha ha, Sheee. That was Dhobi Ghat. I never sang paeans for Peepli Live.

Amid the affairs, goss, fights and coke sniffing, it's fine to have some boring topics too. Isn't it? I like to be a bore sometimes.

And I share your views about Aamir Khan Films. Many do. That's why I posted here's why Oscar eludes us.
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I didn't say your topic was boring. Lots of people worship Aamir. And even I managed to throw two comments here.

And while I didn't sing paeans for Peepli Live, I wouldn't just disregard it as a boring film.

India's agrarian crisis is a harsh reality. A documentary like Nero's Guests is not everyone's cup of tea so movies like Peepli Live are made. Humor was used to lighten the situation.

Also, small filmmakers need big stars to create buzz around such movies. It's changing though. Stanley Ka Dabba stood its ground.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I actually enjoyed Peepli Live. The interaction between the saas bahu was hilarious!!! And especially when the reporter came and the mother thought something was happening between Natha and that reporter I find it hilarious. Peepli Live for me was a pleasantly good film. And about National Awards J.P Dutta isn't too happy about these awards as well.🤔
ladygaga thumbnail
Maybe Aamir has gotten sick of National awards too! A lot of people say that NAs have lost credibility and I think Aamir's ultimate goal is Oscars and he is not keen about most of the Indian awards. Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago
Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Perhaps Peepli live did not deserve a national award, I dont know havent watched the movie myself. But did Dabangg deserve the award? NO..National awards has lost their credibility long back...its just like any other filmfare or IIFA award.
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Peepli live is true face of Indian Media how are they building up the stories on expense of troubled people, it covered the two very sensitive issues India is struggling with these days, medias bullying and Farmer's suicide. You can call it "no fun movie" but its way too good then any i-will-die-without-you-moi-puppyeyes.. it has content and acting...
Originally posted by: ladygaga

Maybe Aamir has gotten sick of National awards too! A lot of people say that NAs have lost credibility and I think Aamir's ultimate goal is Oscars and he is not keen about most of the Indian awards.

I do think that his patience withered. Even his good contacts at the center [what's with only him getting invited to Obama's official dinner at New Delhi along with Shabana Azmi], didn't fetch him the National Award that he desired.

Also, Rizvi didn't leave any opportunity to slander his marketing skills. She wanted Peepli Live to be a small film. Then why did she pick Aamir Khan to produce it, I wonder. On one hand, it got the fame that it did because of Aamir's marketing skills, the other hand it's sad to see your baby being called someone else's product.

I think Dhobi Ghat is Aamir's last attempt at Academy. Mumbai Diaries (A la The Motorcycle Diaries) + Short film (95 mins) + Two-time Academy Award & Grammy winner Gustavo Santaolalla's background score.

Aamir Khan ne iss baar door ki sochi hai. Ab nahin to kabhi nahin.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Jaaron kya "NATHA" milla kisi ko ?? ja nahin ?? ðŸ˜²
I dont understand these directors, its sort of obvious, what you sign up to when you produce a movie under his productions.

They want the reach, marketing & popularity that Aamir guarantees, but dont want the other bits?