Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Peepli Live: No National Awards? - Page 2

Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Meena1

thats a funny concept.. didn't know you had to enter your films in the contest to be considered..  you'd figure they'll pick from whtever released in the year..

anyhow, i tried watching the movie, i fell asleep.. kill me.. 😆😆

thats how film festivals work, but not sure about NA. they cost money to promote it. even short film and documentary. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

^ya Peepli Live was too Indian, in it's nuances...humour and sensibilities...a DG has more gloabl appeal... Aamir Khan is experimenting just to get the oscar formula right!!!😛

Antlers thumbnail
is Peepli Live even oscar worthy?
 I know Udaan would've made it to nominations if they had sent it. Oscars are sucker for Coming of Age stories. 
Antlers thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TallyHo

^ya Peepli Live was too Indian, in it's nuances...humour and sensibilities...a DG has more gloabl appeal... Aamir Khan is experimenting just to get the oscar formula right!!!😛

is it worth watching? im about to netflix it. 
TallyHo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Theatre

is Peepli Live even oscar worthy?

No...😆
TallyHo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Theatre

is it worth watching? im about to netflix it. 

only if you follow the hindi news channels regularly, u'll be able to associate with its humour... theres one small subplot which touched me tho'!
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
peepli was not that great of a movie anyways... yes, it was based on a serious issue, but it just did not have the impact...
though, it's rather stupid of him for not entering the movie for the national awards...  seems as if his life's aim is to win an oscar... have not seen dhobi ghaat yet... but who knows... aamir is definitely trying the age old trial and error method...   ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lol I never knew you had to enter films for National Awards. That's news to me, but glad I learned now! 
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Maya is always singing peepli live's songs. No wonder she made a topic exclusively on Peepli Live.
Call me dumb, not intelligent enough, or path breaking super intelligent (because I break the path by being intelligent, even though I don'tlike aamir's movies) but I don't even like Aamir's movies names. Whats with peepli live, dhobi ghat and deli belli. too dry

This content was originally posted by: beboholic

lol I never knew you had to enter films for National Awards. That's news to me, but glad I learned now!

Lensa, that's the norm for most Awards. [Of course excluding our Filmfare, Screen, Ghanta and such]