http://sweetim.com/

here 😃
shamma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

The girl next door

ANUJ KUMAR
     PRINT      T+  

Chat Sony's Bade Achhe Lagte Hain has broken some stubborn stereotypes, says Saakshi Tanwar

BACK in action Saakshi Tanwar

F or long, we've been missing a character on the small screen that is headstrong as well as committed to family values. Priya of "Bade Achhe Lagte Hain" is the protagonist we've been longing to see. Saakshi Tanwar, who has returned to television after a break of more than two years with this serial, reminds us that Parvati (her character in the hugely popular "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii") was also headstrong, but agrees that she was a homemaker for a large part of the series. Talking about "BALH", she says: "Here is a girl on the wrong side of 30, who is working, supports the family and is not in a hurry to be married off. She does not wilt under societal pressure. She is rather happy with her situation. There are many girls like Priya around us and they need space in our films and serials. And, the character is consistent from the beginning. There are no sudden twists," says Saakshi, who herself is in no hurry to get married. "I understand Priya's situation but there are no real-life parallels."

New look

She points out that even her look is different from the usual television protagonists who are decked up from head to toe, whatever may be the situation. "Priya wears only three to four sets of kurtas and jeans. The costume designer and make-up man keep complaining because they are not used to such a situation on television, but I insist it should be natural." Saakshi says the serial also makes subtle statements on the way we look at our partners. "Young, fair and handsome doesn't necessarily work. Ram (Kapoor) is not in great shape but his personality is infectious." But, what about the character of Piya's mother, who seems to represent the stereotype of a mother ready to marry off her ageing daughter to almost anybody? "See, a serial needs all the rasas , all points of view. Priya's father and brother are fully supportive. Perhaps that's why she has been able to achieve what she has. Family support is crucial."

In the readymade world of TV soaps you have a dialogue for every occasion, but in this serial, silence and eye movements play a vital role. "I'm glad my efforts are being noticed. Whatever be the constraints, an actor can still do a lot between 'action' and 'cut' if he or she is committed to the art. I always try to give at least three options to my director for the same scene," says Saakshi.

After a rather intelligent start, the serial now focusses on the tantrums thrown by grandmothers and a wily uncle.

"Experiments are fine, but television is still a mass medium where you have to hold everyone's attention. Ekta (Kapoor), the producer, was clear from the beginning that we would raise relevant issues, but cater to all. That said, the real story will start after the Ram and Priya's marriage, when two, strong-willed characters live under one roof."

As for the unmistakable chemistry between her and Ram, Saakshi says: . "An actor basically reacts. So, it is a kind of give-and-take. My portion of the scene where Ram proposes over the phone was shot five days after Ram shot his. I was not even in the city. Both of us got our cues from the assistants on the sets. Still, it looked very natural."

Saakshi is now quite upbeat about Chandra Prakash Dwivedi's "Mohalla Assi", where she is cast opposite Sunny Deol.

Hasn't she missed the film bus? "I was never overtly ambitious. I only surrender to situations. I was very much into academics and looking forward to preparing for the Civil Services when I got the offer to act. It changed my life. I was in no mood to return to television after working (in "Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii") for eight years. Ekta offered me this serial more than two years ago. When I refused, she preferred to wait. I believe that what belongs to you ultimately comes to you."

ANUJ KUMAR

How gorgeous does Sakshi look!! 😳

-SakshisFan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sooo true Shamma...she is indeed gorgeous
Love Sakshi...she is sooo simple yet STUNNING..😍
Look through my eyes if you don't think she is beautiful. ❤️
Edited by sakshisfan - 12 years ago
--SHWETA-- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow such a simple picture ... but still she looks out of the world !😍
Sakshi_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: shwetak_23

arrey yaar aise public mein thode declare karenge. Give me some time to think and plan will PM  you all 

ok ok jaldi jaldi... m so excited
--SHWETA-- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Anu What is wrong with the smiley ..why it is jumping up n down ? From whr did you get it?
-SakshisFan- thumbnail
Originally posted by: shwetak_23

Wow such a simple picture ... but still she looks out of the world !😍

she looks "out of this world" because we do not just love her onscreen...we are not just in awe for her all pretty madeup looks onscreen. She looks gorgeous to us because we love her for the simple person she is off-screen. Simply looking at her I can tell how down to earth and sober girl she is in real life. We love her because how good a human being she is.  😊
I showed this pic to one of my colleague here,..and she was hardly impressed and said she looks below average and she does not even like Priya or Parvati even onscreen. I felt like strangling  this colleague of mine. Won't talk to her now...How could she say this abt our angel Sakshi.😡

You are the best Sakshi  🤗
:)ivya
shamma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sakshisfan

she looks "out of this world" because we do not just love her onscreen...we are not just in awe for her all pretty madeup looks onscreen. She looks gorgeous to us because we love her for the simple person she is off-screen. Simply looking at her I can tell how down to earth and sober girl she is in real life. We love her because how good a human being she is.  😊
I showed this pic to one of my colleague here,..and she was hardly impressed and said she looks below average and she does not even like Priya or Parvati even onscreen. I felt like strangling  this colleague of mine. Won't talk to her now...How could she say this abt our angel Sakshi.😡

awww Divya di bless...
Sakshi is gorgeous whether she has make up on or not...however simple she may be looking she is mindblowing!
Neenzoo thumbnail

If you look at her from the hindi movie standards Sakshi will be considered quite homely and ordinary looking...but her complete dominance in the television world is her amazing acting and ability to play with her emotions so beautifully...but she some quality and i cant pinpoint what it is which makes all of us crazy about her...

Sakshi_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sakshisfan

exactly👍🏼