Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

The Real Debate! (Page 9)

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

In order to serve the people Gandhi said that politics and religion cannot be separated.

To see the universal and all-pervading Spirit of Truth face to face, one must be able to love the meanest of creation as oneself. And a man who aspires after that cannot afford to keep out of any field of life. That is why my devotion to Truth has drawn me into the field of politics; and I can say without the slightest hesitation, and yet in all humility, that those who say that religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion means.

Religion is the core of politics and can not be segregated, but with the reference to this topic, Gandhi was not politician. In this democratic system, it seems to be very hard to find the true nature of politicians and their vision and perceptions, for which this was not fight for politics but for freedom!

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by blue-ice

Plz dont Kill Gandhi ...Again!!!Smile

This is best comment so far.Clap--- Thank god..at last kisi ne mere comment ko Weird nahe bolaLOL-For that mere taraf se aap ko ek Jaadu ki Jappy...Hug
Google God hai na Vinu. No copyright there. feel free to useTongue
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

This is a debate people... stay focus! LOL  You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus!

Some open loops...

What would have been different if Gandhi was still alive?
Did Godse accomplished what he set out to do?

Even if nothing was different if Gandhi were alive it still does not justify killing of Gandhi!
Just what did Godse set to accomplish? This one has to be answered by Godse's supportersBig smile
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

I believe Sardar V. Patel should been elected instead of Jinnah! Who strongly believed in united, independent nation.
Unfortunately neither you nor I was present to cast the vote in his favour.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

This is best comment so far.Clap--- Thank god..at last kisi ne mere comment ko Weird nahe bolaLOL-For that mere taraf se aap ko ek Jaadu ki Jappy...Hug
Google God hai na Vinu,No copyright there. feel free to useTongue

I think those who used to do,they know better...!!! But which comment is from Google now!!?LOL

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:54am | IP Logged

I think those who used to do,they know better...!!! But which comment is from Google now!!?LOL

how would I know? Nahi hai toh add kar do ...LOL
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuls11

You heard it angie.I am sikh shifted from Lahore my grand father  family faced it...My grandpa entire family was burned alive  there, only he left while he was on work in India...I know it was worst phase..religion division  is always dangerous.

This is an example of violence at its worst. Any human being ought to stand against encouraging such kind of violence. Gandhi evangelized the cause of  non violence throughout his life.

But my question on him is not restricted to his decision of partition . His decision not to save Bhagat Singh rajguru from execution as their  ideas were in accord to his principle. The decision came hours after his last meeting with Irwin and his pact with him.
Do you believe that Gandhi was instrumental in sending Bhagat Singh to the gallows? As per the British laws Bhagat Singh was found guilty of murdering Saunders and therefore sentenced. Gandhi did not approve of violence in any form and yet he is said to have admired Singh for his patriotism and had  reportedly written to the Viceroy expressing his views against capital punishment and to review Singh's case. I don't think Gandhi had the power to influence Irwin into pardoning an Indian  revolutionist who had murdered a British officer! As Indians we are bound to look favourably  at  Singh's patriotism but did Irwin have such reason? Anyway , he most certainly did not take orders from Gandhi !

So, why is Gandhi being blamed for not "saving" Bhagat Singh ? Confused

Question is if non non-violence is always right like he promoted with his principles. Why we need army then, Why we celebrate Osama assassination, .Why not give him another chance so that he can kill 10000s more. IF killing Osama is not wrong in this era how come killing Dywre was wrong in that era. I am not pro nor against  non -violence but I am against it when non violence become directly proportional to self destruction.

Whether or not non violence is right the relevant question would be how far can we practice non violence in our life. Because not everyone is  Mahatma Gandhi (MG) it may not be possible for us to emulate him. He was one of a kind.

Osama killed people.

Dwyer killed people.

Bhagat Singh also killed.

Gandhi did not.

Yet Godse did !!

I know whatever I will believe will depend upon some documents article books I read of that era .with my interpretation of those, as I was not present in that era to see what happened.

Yes, each one of us interprets according to ones beliefs or bias. To get at the truth one would have to be very objective and unbiased. When we carry an emotional baggage it is very difficult to do that.

Politically fact is anything against Gandhi is always questioned of its authenticity ,eg we have seen recently with a controversial news related to him

Each one is free to question anything. It depends how deep one is ready to research in order to get to the truth. In our anguish it is so easy to  end up blaming the wrong person . Very often we also tend to ignore the person's other aspects and contributions. We forget how a half clad, frail looking person , born in British ruled India,  managed to gain freedom for his countrymen and that too through non violent means !

edited to change font colour.

Edited by angie.4u - 25 May 2011 at 7:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroDemonStar

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:45am | IP Logged

how would I know?---Yahi problem hey...Without knowing you can say anything...Gr8 ho ji aap bi...LOL Nahi hai toh add kar do ...LOL-- SureLOL  ,Apun walking encyclopedia thodi heyWink

Go to top