The Real Debate! - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by night13

I believe there should not have been a Pakistan, instead a united India with respect to all religions.

That would have been the ideal situation but it dd not happen. Seeing where Pakistan and India stand today I wouldnt say it was a bad decision as such. As I already mentioned earlier the partition process could have been carried out more amicably.
Originally posted by blue-ice

My mind says the same thing as my heart...I have explained my stand to you...
Do you think we are better off without Pakistan or not??
We most certainly are,  BI πŸ˜† Imagine finding the world's most wanted terrorist in our frontyard "without" our  knowledge!
Originally posted by -Sookie-

Hindu Rashtra and RSS are two different things. While RSS was the sangh, Hindu rashtra (which was also a newspaper I believe?) was an ideology. Though the literary meaning of the word is exactly what you have mentioned, in colloquial terms, that isn't so. Godse vehemently talked about "Hindus being neglected etc etc"

Gandhi represented free India. And Godse managed to destroy that.

So, what would have been different if Gandhi would have lived?

Originally posted by angie.4u

That would have been the ideal situation but it dd not happen. Seeing where Pakistan and India stand today I wouldnt say it was a bad decision as such. As I already mentioned earlier the partition process could have been carried out more amicably.

In your opinion, who is responsible for the partition?

I love fireworks. πŸ˜†

This is not about killing the innocence as I stated earlier, this is about the principals and beliefs on which the assignation was executed. Did it serve it's purpose?

So do I πŸ˜†
So on what principles and beliefs and purpose  did Godse assassinate Gandhi?

In your opinion, who is responsible for the partition?

All those people who contributed to the polarisation  by spreading hatred in the name of religion are responsible for the events that led to the partition.
Originally posted by Summer3

I am a great admirer of Gandhi ji.
He was an enlightened soul and the body only appeared as a shadow to him. Other great spiritual gurus of his time too highly respected him.

Haha Summerji...that makes three of us...u , me and President Obama...GMTAπŸ˜†

Its a pity that while the whole world reveres Gandhiji, he is used as an example when it comes to great leaders...some of us INDIANS would question his decisions...just sayin...well I guess in a free India...we have a right to do so...guess who we owe this freedom toπŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

So do I πŸ˜†
So on what principles and beliefs and purpose  did Godse assassinate Gandhi?

As quoted before..

Godse had no personal grudges over Gandhi, instead he was fighting for a cause which believed in United India and thus no religions segregation or partition. Godse truly respected Gandhi theory on non-violence but this theory denies self-defence and self-interest. The non-violence that defines the fight for survival as violence is a theory not of non-violence but of self-destruction. Was the decision on partition necessary? To me no individual is greater than a nation! πŸ˜›

We most certainly are,  BI πŸ˜† Imagine finding the world's most wanted terrorist in our frontyard "without" our  knowledge!

I don't think we would have found OBL in a United IndiaπŸ˜†...some of my Pakistani friends believe that it would have been better if they were still a part of India...

All those people who contributed to the polarisation  by spreading hatred in the name of religion are responsible for the events that led to the partition.

Isn't Gandhi part of the same cult? If he would have taken the stand for reformation, we would not have lead into partition.