I am disappointed.😳 I was in the mood to flirt. 😆

Who's stopping you. 😛
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by angie.4u

Stop being so discriminatory Summer .  The genders on DM are all assumptions. 😆

So Its settled. I'm actually a guy then? 😲

Angie.. we may again be going in circles ! I had rested my case (on assassination) earlier and brought out a new point for discussion!  I did mention that  I will be leading this topic in to the future, so here we are!

As it's said ... the more things change, the more they remain the same! There will always be discussions around what is right over might and how people's perception never changes.

Did we prove whose ideology (Gandhi vs Godse) was right vs wrong, I see either position with equal ease.  Was there anything to be proven!
😉

Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

I admit my ignorance on Gandhi's ignorance on Jinnah's "15 year old two nation theory". If you could provide reliable links on this matter, I could bring myself up to speed.

Actually, you maybe right in your ignorance. The two-nation theory was not Jinnah's and he did not lean towards it until 1936. Jinnah along with Maulana Azad was actually strongly for United India and Hindu-Muslim unity. Even when he left Congress of Muslim League he was part of the pro-Congress faction of the Muslim league.

There were other political occurrences within INC that pushed Jinnah towards the two nation theory and culminated in the final Indo-Pak schism. Part of it was due to Gandhi's ineffectiveness as a political mediator and negotiator, he probably suffered what I would call "nice-guy syndrome" and did not get some of the political occurrences around him. Most of it was due to political ambitiousness of men like Jinnah, Nehru and Ambedkar who though more of themselves and their constituencies rather than India as  whole. [I bring Ambedkar because of Pune pact and its repercussions for INC and Jinnah]

Sarojini Naidu wrote a biography on Jinnah that in some ways shows some of his changing political views in context. Not just Gandhi, but many people were thrown for a loop that a promising, progressive leader like Jinnah ended up delivering the final blows in splitting the nation.
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So Its settled. I'm actually a guy then? 😲
😆 Actually I had been  referring to my own assumptions in the past. I had to be corrected on more than one occasion. I had your, Souro's, POH, baz and now night13 's gender all wrong. Still finding it difficult to associate the name Aarya to a girl!

Originally posted by night13

Angie.. we may again be going in circles ! I had rested my case (on assassination) earlier and brought out a new point for discussion!  I did mention that  I will be leading this topic in to the future, so here we are!

Aarya you brought in a new point for discussion by saying Gandhi hasnt left behind anything other than a name! I expressed my opinion on that.

As it's said ... the more things change, the more they remain the same! There will always be discussions around what is right over might and how people's perception never changes.

Did we prove whose ideology (Gandhi vs Godse) was right vs wrong,

Yes we did! Gandhi's supporters came out strongly in support of him whereas there were none who could support their stand regarding "Gandhi deserved to be assassinated and Godse was right in killing him." None at all!

I see either position with equal ease. 

I most certainly dont!

Was there anything to be proven! 😉

Dont know if there was anything to be proven but as far as I am concerned it was proved once again that people misplace their grudges and continue with their delusions.

Anyway Aarya, did you get the fireworks you had hoped for? I had expected more but there was little in the way of inflammatory arsenal 😆

😆 Actually I had been  referring to my own assumptions in the past. I had to be corrected on more than one occasion. I had your, Souro's, POH, baz and now night13 's gender all wrong. Still finding it difficult to associate the name Aarya to a girl!

Ha ha ha.. I am opening a new debate topic on my gender/sex! 😆

I even jumped off the fence to get you some fireworks! 😆
Originally posted by night13

Ha ha ha.. I am opening a new debate topic on my gender/sex! 😆

You can do that but I m not going to buy that till I meet a girl in real life named Aarya , so there 😆

You can do that but I m not going to buy that till I meet a girl in real life named Aarya , so there 😆

Angie...Aarya is a bisexual name...I'm not sure if thats the right term. 😕 But its a name used by both genders.