Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: kuls11

SImple on fact after independence if we were or are really independent..in political world...

India is a democratic country with free and fair elections. The govt is decided by the electorate πŸ˜›
We get the govt we choose to elect!
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kuls11

I agree ...but guess his decision to save India from civil war and go for partition was futile as it lead to civil war...Nope noone who is ethically strong will go for any crime even being instigated...but in real world very few exist like this.probably ...specially if your family get killed in riots...

Kuls,  I ve had  many horror stories narrated to me by my friends grannies etc who witnessed it first hand. We should not lay the blame where it does not belong. A war is always bad. There is complete break down of law and order and atrocities get committed by unscrupulous ppl, but why lay blame on someone who had been  promoting non violence all his life?
Silentsoul thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Sorry u didn't get my point...What does Gandhiji have to do with the political mess in India today...whether its because of the Gandhis or someone else...

I never said he was responsible for mess created afterward...I said...after independence till Indra gandhi time  Were we independent literally...to be proud of it...its my question...
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Plz dont Kill Gandhi ...Again!!!😊
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Believe

This is best comment so far.πŸ‘
Silentsoul thumbnail
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Kuls,  I ve had  many horror stories narrated to me by my friends grannies etc who witnessed it first hand. We should not lay the blame where it does not belong. A war is always bad. There is complete break down of law and order and atrocities get committed by unscrupulous ppl, but why lay blame on someone who had been  promoting non violence all his life?

You heard it angie.I am sikh shifted from Lahore my grand father  family faced it...My grandpa entire family was burned alive  there, only he left while he was on work in India...I know it was worst phase..religion division  is always dangerous.
But my question on him is not restricted to his decision of partition . His decision not to save Bhagat Singh rajguru from execution as their  ideas were in accord to his principle. The decision came hours after his last meeting with Irwin and his pact with him.
Question is if non non-violence is always right like he promoted with his principles. Why we need army then, Why we celebrate Osama assassination, .Why not give him another chance so that he can kill 10000s more. IF killing Osama is not wrong in this era how come killing Dywre was wrong in that era. I am not pro nor against  non -violence but I am against it when non violence become directly proportional to self destruction.
I know whatever I will believe will depend upon some documents article books I read of that era .with my interpretation of those, as I was not present in that era to see what happened. Politically fact is anything against Gandhi is always questioned of its authenticity ,eg we have seen recently with a controversial news related to him
Edited by kuls11 - 12 years ago
Silentsoul thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

How can I...as he is still alive ...in your .uncle ki padosi ki naukar...memories...
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is a debate people... stay focus! πŸ˜†  You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus!

Some open loops...

What would have been different if Gandhi was still alive?
Did Godse accomplished what he set out to do?

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Nooo  not at all! Gandhiji is most certainly not a part of that cult! He had always been in favour of an undivided nation but things had deteriorated beyond his control. The Bristish had succeeeded in inflaming both the major religions of India against each other.
Lets take a stroll down history...

In the 1946 elections to the Central Assembly the Muslim League won all the 30 seats. The tide had certainly turned in favour of the Muslim League and what it stood for. The British govt was aware of the situation. The nationalist muslim leaders did not support Jinnah who had incited widespread bloodshed. Some Hindu fundamentalist were no better. The common man was confused. There was th danger of the British govt evading handing over independence on some pretext. Ther was also the danger of them leaving India suddenly n the lurch leading to all the several native small states gaining freedom and total chaos in its aftermath. The massacre that could then follow would not have remained confined to only the Hindus and Muslim but would have been much more widespread. Under these circumstances the Indian National congress had to take a decision that was practicable. The situation was too volatile at that time for any reformation to be carried out by Gandhi alone. He was most dejected at the turn of events.I think the best that could be done was done by him.

I believe Sardar V. Patel should been elected instead of Jinnah! Who strongly believed in united, independent nation.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: night13

What would have been different if Gandhi was still alive?...How I wish Gandhiji was still alive...
Did Godse accomplished what he set out to do?
...Godse🀒 was an a$$hole...and a$$holes do not accomplish things...they just mess up what is already there...sorry no offense meant to the Godse fansπŸ˜›