The Real Debate! - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by kuls11

Kul, gChat will not save us today... I am here, right now, lets do this! :)

Originally posted by angie.4u

So finally you jumped the fence πŸ˜† I choose to be on the other side of the fence . I do not support Gandhiji's assassination by Godse and gang. If Godse truly respected Gandhiji's principle of non violence his action goes against it! By no stretch of the imagination can a man who believes in non violence kill a defenseless  man! Each one can shout from his rooftop that he is fighting for a cause , but does that give an excuse to kill anyone on ideological differences? I think not. As for the decision on partition why is the blame for it being laid on Gandhiji alone? When will people learn to see things in their right perspective and own responsibility for the outcome of events!

Yes, history does play a great role in shaping our present and future, so we need to see things in the proper context and not get misled. A lot can be learnt from the past mistakes and the purpose would be served if we learn to avoid repeating same mistakes in the future.

A great topic Aarya, expecting some fireworks here πŸ˜†

@ Kul- It is DM so you can  freely express your honest opinion. The same goes for your opponents in this thread.πŸ˜› As long as  no one gets abusive I dont think there should be any trouble.

I love fireworks. πŸ˜†

This is not about killing the innocence as I stated earlier, this is about the principals and beliefs on which the assignation was executed. Did it serve it's purpose?

Originally posted by blue-ice

Sorry Aarya...I don't feel that I am qualified enough to comment on the assassination of one of the greatest leaders who has earned respect...not only in India but the whole world...the only thing that I have in my heart for Gandhiji and all the the great freedom fighters is a sense of gratitude...I know that its because of their combined efforts that I was born in a free India and not as a slave of some Gora🀒...I believe that with their limited resources whatever decisions they took whether it was wrong or right...it was for the good of India...We are humans and we make mistakes...but for me it is the intention that counts...
I am not judging anyone this is just my opinion...but I think it would be wrong on my part to sit in my AC roon...typing on my laptop...with the news of the world available at my finger tips ...I should be saying what they did was wrong or not without actually knowing what this great leader went through...
My heart will always be filled with hatred for Nathu Ram...may he rot in hell...

Do spill the beans,  as I am ready to negotiate with heart vs mind. This is a theoretical discussion, in which all are welcomed, even the ones who rot in hell. :)

Would there have been a civil war if Gandhi did not take the stand on being non-violence?

Originally posted by night13

The concept of Hindu Rashtra was not to create RSS, instead they were who believed in the culture and people of the India, who adopted the India as their motherland, thus a united India.  I am sure everyone has their own interpretations to their understanding of HR. Hindu basically denotes the  national way of life and believed in united country.

Hindu Rashtra and RSS are two different things. While RSS was the sangh, Hindu rashtra (which was also a newspaper I believe?) was an ideology. Though the literary meaning of the word is exactly what you have mentioned, in colloquial terms, that isn't so. Godse vehemently talked about "Hindus being neglected etc etc"

Gandhi represented free India. And Godse managed to destroy that.

Do spill the beans,  as I am ready to negotiate with heart vs mind. This is a theoretical discussion, in which all are welcomed, even the ones who rot in hell. :)

Would there have been a civil war if Gandhi did not take the stand on being non-violence?

His partition decision definitely led to civil war ... Riots ,murder, rape, a train massacre, all were result of his this decision.
Edited by kuls11 - 12 years ago

My mind says the same thing as my heart...I have explained my stand to you...
Do you think we are better off without Pakistan or not??
Originally posted by blue-ice

My mind says the same thing as my heart...I have explained my stand to you...
Do you think we are better off without Pakistan or not??

I believe there should not have been a Pakistan, instead a united India with respect to all religions.

I believe there should not have been a Pakistan, instead a united India with respect to all religions.

I believe so too...but do you think that if Gandhi ji had not taken the decision ...would Jinnah have let it go too...do u really think there would not have been civil war then..
I am a great admirer of Gandhi ji.
He was an enlightened soul and the body only appeared as a shadow to him. Other great spiritual gurus of his time too highly respected him.
Originally posted by kuls11

His partition decision definitely led to civil war ... Riots ,murder, rape, a train massacre, all were result of his this decision.

Was it Gandhi who put forward the proposal for a divided India or was it something he was forced to accept? Was Godse and party against a divided  nation? What did they do to ensure a united nation?

Sometimes when the differences seem insurmountable it is better to separate than to stay together in a state of perpetual conflict. But could anyone have anticipated the massacre that occurred during the exodus? The violence was completely uncalled for. Had anyone expected things to be that bad they could have taken some steps to monitor the border to ensure a smooth migration. Obviously Gandhi too hadnt anticipated the violence, then why did Godse and party lay the full blame on him? Were they themselves totally non instrumental to the hatred and divide that was spreading at that time? No way!

The partition itself cannot be held responsible for the brutality and hatred that was observed. It was the other way round. Hatred led to the partition. If there were no partition do you think peace would have prevailed  in the undivided nation? It would only have been a matter of time before all the pent up discontent erupted in one way or other.