The Real Debate! - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by night13

'Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.'... true, but it's the present and future which is and will suffer from the past! So, if an event occurred yesterday should it be restricted from today!

Now that I am going to take a stand <help me GOD! πŸ˜†>, I am on the side of Godse as Gandhi systematically fooled the people by saying he will never accept the partition of the country over his dead body, but still the partitioned happened, and thus living in war for many decades and more to come.

Godse had no personal grudges over Gandhi, instead he was fighting for a cause which believed in United India and thus no religions segregation or partition. Godse truly respected Gandhi theory on non-violence but this theory denies self-defence and self-interest. The non-violence that defines the fight for survival as violence is a theory not of non-violence but of self-destruction. Was the decision on partition necessary? To me no individual is greater than a nation!

True that the past affects us. Unfortunately, it still is. I have seen more than my share of violence during communal riots so I think I understand the situation quite well.

Godse believed more in Hindutva than the concept of United India. Him being a part of ABHM and being an activist there vouches for that. He was against partition because of the riots that had broke out in its wake.
Am not supporting partition here merely refuting your facts on Godse's ideology. Only stating what Godse believed in. He believed in "Hindu Rashtra".
And that is NOT unified India.

Edited by kuls11 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by kuls11

Mr Jawahar did his own sets of nonsense for which India is paying on Kashmir.

Righto! Not only that, the legacy so deep rooted in the system that its mind boggling.

I had been to this village during last assembly elections in northern Karnataka. That was Indira Gandhi's place of victory (I think post emergency). There villagers started crying when they saw Sonia Gandhi (she visits that village during elections only) due to sheer happiness. Many did not know that Indira Gandhi was long lead. Many said that they will vote for congress because Sonia Gandhi represented Mahatma Gandhi.

This is the state of the people here.

'Its history and nothing is going to change the fact.'... true, but it's the present and future which is and will suffer from the past! So, if an event occurred yesterday should it be restricted from today!

Now that I am going to take a stand <help me GOD! πŸ˜†>, I am on the side of Godse as Gandhi systematically fooled the people by saying he will never accept the partition of the country over his dead body, but still the partitioned happened, and thus living in war for many decades and more to come.

Godse had no personal grudges over Gandhi, instead he was fighting for a cause which believed in United India and thus no religions segregation or partition. Godse truly respected Gandhi theory on non-violence but this theory denies self-defence and self-interest. The non-violence that defines the fight for survival as violence is a theory not of non-violence but of self-destruction. Was the decision on partition necessary? To me no individual is greater than a nation!

So finally you jumped the fence πŸ˜† I choose to be on the other side of the fence . I do not support Gandhiji's assassination by Godse and gang. If Godse truly respected Gandhiji's principle of non violence his action goes against it! By no stretch of the imagination can a man who believes in non violence kill a defenseless  man! Each one can shout from his rooftop that he is fighting for a cause , but does that give an excuse to kill anyone on ideological differences? I think not. As for the decision on partition why is the blame for it being laid on Gandhiji alone? When will people learn to see things in their right perspective and own responsibility for the outcome of events!

Yes, history does play a great role in shaping our present and future, so we need to see things in the proper context and not get misled. A lot can be learnt from the past mistakes and the purpose would be served if we learn to avoid repeating same mistakes in the future.

A great topic Aarya, expecting some fireworks here πŸ˜†

@ Kul- It is DM so you can  freely express your honest opinion. The same goes for your opponents in this thread.πŸ˜› As long as  no one gets abusive I dont think there should be any trouble.

Originally posted by -Sookie-

Righto! Not only that, the legacy so deep rooted in the system that its mind boggling.

I had been to this village during last assembly elections in northern Karnataka. That was Indira Gandhi's place of victory (I think post emergency). There villagers started crying when they saw Sonia Gandhi (she visits that village during elections only) due to sheer happiness. Many did not know that Indira Gandhi was long lead. Many said that they will vote for congress because Sonia Gandhi represented Mahatma Gandhi.

This is the state of the people here.

I know Sookie...this Gandhi dynasty...is giving me nauseatic feeling nowdays. With Sonia and his son enjoying all good points of Gandhi legacy with Khadhi cotten saaris and byhearted Hindi speech. Than you allow biggest scam of Indian history  thousand lakh crore 2G scam and enjoy Indian money in Swiss accounts. On other hand menka gandhi son enjoys jail sentence for still some rivalry  of past (I dont support him too for his hindutav fanatism speech). I dont know what should we chose in Indian poltics either corrupted Gandhi legacy rule or religiousness orientated others. Left partied are seriously left without any brain.
At the end of day poor Indian are left with this extra corrupted Gandhi dynasty ruling from 70 years.
Originally posted by -Sookie

True that the past affects us. Unfortunately, it still is. I have seen more than my share of violence during communal riots so I think I understand the situation quite well.

Godse believed more in Hindutva than the concept of United India. Him being a part of ABHM and being an activist there vouches for that. He was against partition because of the riots that had broke out in its wake.
Am not supporting partition here merely refuting your facts on Godse's ideology. Only stating what Godse believed in. He believed in "Hindu Rashtra".
What happened during the partition was most barbaric but the partition itself may not have been such a bad idea. The social conditions prevailing at that time were not conducive to a united India thanks to the relentless British policy of Divide and rule supported amply by the religious bigotry and discriminatory attitude that previals in India even today.
If Godse was against partition did he try to get at the bottom of the reasons for it or did it stop at Gandhi's doorstep? 
Originally posted by angie.4u

@ Kul- It is DM so you can  freely express your honest opinion. The same goes for your opponents in this thread.πŸ˜› As long as  no one gets abusive I dont think there should be any trouble.

Angie problem is not others member abusing problem is. Mr gandhi bashing. I belong to class who belongs to Bhagat singh and Bose set of principle. I am not non violence preacher specially for that era. I never believed in Gandhi's principle one point but I actually strongly dislike his princilples which scares me If I spilled that in open forum. 
Edited by kuls11 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by angie.4u

What happened during the partition was most barbaric but the partition itself may not have been such a bad idea. The social conditions prevailing at that time were not conducive to a united India thanks to the relentless British policy of Divide and rule supported amply by the religious bigotry and discriminatory attitude that previals in India even today.
If Godse was against partition did he try to get at the bottom of the reasons for it or did it stop at Gandhi's doorstep? 

Godse was disturbed by the way partition had ended- in riots and the aftermath of it which reflected everywhere in India. He ended up blaming the person who he truly believed supported and encouraged the cause. I think like many, he honestly believed that Gandhi could have stopped partition. And since it happened and ended up in barbaric way, it did stop at Gandhi's doorstep.

Discriminatory attitude is much worse now as it is one of the political talking points during speeches etc. Politics and religion unfortunately misuse and abuse one another for their own benefits.
Sorry Aarya...I don't feel that I am qualified enough to comment on the assassination of one of the greatest leaders who has earned respect...not only in India but the whole world...the only thing that I have in my heart for Gandhiji and all the the great freedom fighters is a sense of gratitude...I know that its because of their combined efforts that I was born in a free India and not as a slave of some Gora🀒...I believe that with their limited resources whatever decisions they took whether it was wrong or right...it was for the good of India...We are humans and we make mistakes...but for me it is the intention that counts...
I am not judging anyone this is just my opinion...but I think it would be wrong on my part to sit in my AC roon...typing on my laptop...with the news of the world available at my finger tips ...I should be saying what they did was wrong or not without actually knowing what this great leader went through...
My heart will always be filled with hatred for Nathu Ram...may he rot in hell...
Originally posted by -Sookie-

The concept of Hindu Rashtra was not to create RSS, instead they were who believed in the culture and people of the India, who adopted the India as their motherland, thus a united India.  I am sure everyone has their own interpretations to their understanding of HR. Hindu basically denotes the  national way of life and believed in united country.