Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Siddhant's secret revealed

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Siddhant's secret revealed 

Siddhant Karnick who has become a household name since Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani has now decided to return to theatre which he had been ignoring due to his hectic shooting schedules.

However this is not just the usual theatre, Siddhant is part of a group called Improv Comedy Mumbai which has shows that are truly different. Read on to find out more as we unravel a secret about Siddhant.

Siddhant explains "Improv Comedy stands for improvisational comedy. There are six performers in front of a live audience and they create an impromptu scene without discussing it with the other actors. The audience gives the actors challenges and the actors have to tactfully include whatever the audience decides, into the scene. As the show goes on the challenges keep getting tougher and the actors have to make sense of what is happening and also make sure it is entertaining."

"Improv Comedy is new to India. It was introduced by Adam Dow an improvisational teacher from Seattle and a couple of actors. We also have a musician in our group which makes the performances even more interesting. I joined the group last October but have not been able to perform regularly due to my TV shows," adds Siddhant.

Like most actors Siddhant too believes that every actor should try theatre as it helps to improve ones performance. The actor says "I started off with theatre and believe it is the stepping stone for an actor. It requires a lot of commitment and hard work."

Now you know from where the actor gets those impromptu witty one liners that his co-stars rave about and are a hit with the audience too. It is all thanks to his theatre experience with Improv Comedy Mumbai. 
-----------------------------------------------