Navya

Hard times ahead...

kashforlifex thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Just before I give my POV on what will happen ahead, I just wanna say that yesterday, it was definitely the best episodes of Navya I've seen so far! Their chemistry was great, it created the perfect tension required, there was romance, music and everything seemed great to kick off a new love story. I'm glad Navya and Anant got this space to be with each other for sometime and Soumya and Shaheer were waaay more comfortable with each other this time. 

Now, getting to the point - The promo that has been aired arises lots of suspicion on what will happen to their blossoming new love story. Anant's decision to stay away from Navya, to keep a distance is created quite a bit of heated discussion on the forum against him. I think if we're going to see this show like black and white, at a face value, like two dimensional anyone can say that 'Oh! I hate Anant now. How can he do that?! *blah blah blah*" I'm not saying he's right in distancing himself from Navya but he's not wrong either from his POV, background, tradition. I'm not here to defend Anant or sympathise with Navya or say anything bad about the CVs. Navya isn't a show where you get to see the normal, rom-com, with dupattas flying all over the place and like a billion eye locks in a second. It has some elements of romance in it but the main focus of the show is how the youth cope up with keeping their traditional values but at the same time living in a modern society, where things have progressed. Navya and Anant both come from traditional thinking families, where there are strict rules and there are some rules that have been bent to allow some freedom for their children.

Looking at the promo, I think Anant is right in his own way to distance himself from Navya. Now, he's taking into account the trust that his Baba has bestowed on him, the family values that he has been brought up with. For some time, he had been influenced by his college, mates and other people around him, but most of all Navya had changed him, the way he felt. Love doesn't knock on your door and ask for permission to enter, it just comes and changes you. That mature Anant, full of family values and traditions on his shoulders had a little kid inside him, had a boy who wanted to feel different, who wanted to be free of the bonds of values and for sometime, he was free to feel what he wanted to. Like Nimisha said, it's the most beautiful sensation in the world to fall in love. Anant felt different, he felt good, he just didn't realise that he's in love and now it's too late. But then the sudden realisation of his home, where he will have to head back and give an answer, must have locked the little boy, the happy Anant inside him and I guess, now we will be going back to a mature Anant, probably even more mature than before to keep him away from Navya. I can totally understand where he's coming from. It's not like he planned to deceive Navya and use her. He's as new to this feeling as Navya is but this feeling is not bigger than the love and respect he has for his family and so, I'm not going to hate him for distancing himself from Navya. In fact, I think that's a brave decision to take - staying away from the person who made you realise who you really are, for your family. Of course, it's human instinct to firstly think, 'Oh damn! Great, ruined the story etc etc.', but the story never was about how they will be together forever and ever, it's about the difficulties they will face to keep those values in mind while dealing with a modern world. 

On the other hand, Navya will definitely be heart broken by this attitude of Anant's. I can't blame her either because this feeling must've made her feel heavenly, so excited. However, I think she will realise why Anant will take this step because in her conservative family as well, she will have to face her Dad, her Mom, her Grandma and she has to answer them. They trust her so much and have given her as much freedom as they can but along with that some moral values and traditions that they hope she will always keep in mind. They are scared for Navya because she is an innocent girl and she doesn't know the world as well as her parents do. Of course, sometimes, it does seem like too many restrictions maybe because we are also part of that modern society in which Navya's family still do not fit into. A lot of homes in India still keep that culture and tradition alive. Personally speaking, I don't live in India and so I may not have the same thinking and attitude towards such things like love and romance. I think it's quite cute that guys and girls date but of course, I have my own restrictions but we're all different and so I guess Navya will understand Anant's decison eventually. She will be hurt, and feel like Anant has deceived her etc etc. But Navya is a mature girl and she will understand and probably even support Anant. 

But I also know for a fact, that by the end Navya and Anant will be together in some way or the other - as friends, as sacrificial lovers or if we're lucky as husband and wife :) But for now, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the whole new roller coaster ride that's about to come :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skydome thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If it really happens that Anant distances himself from Navya and gets engaged to Shagun - I would like to see a more stronger and progressive Navya.  A Navya - who is a perfect balance between the tradition and the modern. 

Initially, she may go through a tough time, but she should pull up her socks (learn from her mistakes and experiences) and perhaps concentrate more on her studies, career and ambition.  She has supportive parents who will help her to get through this difficult stage of her life.

If Anant's love is the "true love" and not an infatuation/ crush, then he is bound to come back to her - what ever the case may be (his family or sangskar), because Navya too comes from a sangskar family, and is in every way worthy of being his life partner.

Let us see what the creatives have in mind about the "naya soch"
-Reshmi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well said...!!!
in real life also lovers go through a tough phase when they have to choose between the family and lover...some shows the courage to fight for their love while lot of them back out...
Here Anant and Navya just are teenegers...They have a long way to go before getting into married life...If Anant chose his family over Navya its very normal in this stage...
I think the real story will start after the break up...As you said, in the end somehow Anant and Navya will be together...

Edited by smisidren - 12 years ago
massivestylish thumbnail
evn i do thnk so same pinchπŸ˜•
.Juhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i agree wid ur points...evn i think so...but dis show is reli unpredictable !!
dunno wot vl happen nxt...ol v can do is w8 & watch !!
Abirami24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: smisidren

Well said...!!!

in real life also lovers go through a tough phase when they have to choose between the family and lover...some shows the courage to fight for their love while lot of them back out...
Here Anant and Navya just are teenegers...They have a long way to go before getting into married life...If Anant chose his family over Navya its very normal in this stage...
I think the real story will start after the break up...As you said, in the end somehow Anant and Navya will be together...

agree wit u

kashforlifex thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Love_Anant

i agree wid ur points...evn i think so...but dis show is reli unpredictable !!

dunno wot vl happen nxt...ol v can do is w8 & watch !!

That's so trueee! Navya is a really unpredictable show and I'm loving it :)
sohn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well said ! πŸ˜Š Well put as well...lovely post.πŸ‘

I think all of this is ok...would have been going all well if Anant's side of the family didn't have those old values of getting someone engaged or married at an early age.

If Anant n Navya are in love...they will come together...or if its just an infatuation/crush, they will eventually fall out on their own. They still have a few years to know each other, be with each other in college or keep meeting outside like Ritz n Ranvir...be a normal couple.  What is complicating the scenario is this early engagement n marriage. This will make any normal couple to suddenly give a ultimatum to their own relationship...even if they hardly know each other...either to get married..elope or blow it up to everyone and big time bagaavat...or then cut it short and kill it and just let it go! Its too much to handle at an early age...its a big lifetime decision. 

I dont think they are getting anytime to think ...about anything, dont even think they are allowed to think for their own life! They are just rushed into deciding...especially Anant here, cuz I think its ok at Navya's side at the moment(unless her daadi thinks she shud get married soon as well!) ...

This kinda decision so early in life makes it a bit sour for 19-20 yr old kids.