Posted: 12 years ago
It doesn't matter if Kareena does stunts or plays dead, these types of movies are so hero-centric that the female lead has little or no importance. Of course, when it comes to the song sequences and to make the hero look like a stud, actresses come in handy.

My point is, the actresses playing these roles are dispensible and it wouldn't affect their sucess/failure. Heck, if they can replace her with a pineapple.
Originally posted by eraser

I hope they're not counting kissing SRK as one of the stunts 😆

funny funny funny
Even if these kind of films are focused on heros, I don't agree with the that it doesn't matter if the heroine plays dead. If there is no heroine, who is the hero gonna romance? Who is gonna add the glam to the film? If she is dead she can't do any of those!  My point she still has something to do!  She is gonna bring charm, she is gonna be the character who some girls might relate to when they see on screen. Some guys would go to theaters to watch because they love the actress. I know we all dislike the glam roles, but am sure once in a while we don't mind the glam...I don't. I don't always want to see actress in art or depressing films!
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago
Originally posted by beboholic

It just doesn't make sense that she is doing stunts in all her movies. The only one  am sure she is doing stunts in is Agent Vinod. Bodyguard, why in the world would she do action when the film is not an action movie lol. Ra.one is superhero flick, I understand that...but I dont think she has anything important to do in that film apart from the songs and looking pretty!

she had a small role in 3 idiots, but she still left in impact. Let's wait and see I guess! We didn't think she had anything to do in Golmaal 3, but she left impact there too!
@Bold: Especially when we have the Action king in it to do all the Actions. 😍😛
like what jumping from a tree or a bridge? LOL
I for one hate most art and depressing films, I was biored out of my mind with PC in SMK. It's not just Kareena but most top bollywood actresses that are doing these types of roles which is disappointing for me as a movie-goer. I want to see something like Anushka in BBB. She didn't play sort extra-ordinary girl but she did sure shine. Of course it helps that the script was good. If you replaced her with any other actress, the whole movie would be different. Whereas the roles Kareena plays can be replaced with X actress and the movie will still have the same feel to it. As an example "Transformer" replaced Meagan Fox and it hasn't affected them.

I would like to see the women make a mark in the films just like the men. And I don't mean "wanna-be" intellectual films that fails to connect. Just a regular role is fine. I've been so put-off by Bollywood lately. Maybe as a kid I didn't notice how sidelined the actresses are but I'm definitely noticing now. I don't think we can have another Sri Devi.
Originally posted by beboholic

lol eraser

It's probably nothing, a hype for a film? I never heard bebo talking about her action scenes in Ra.One she  only talks about Agent Vinod...am guessing that one is more intense and difficult while in Ra.One she is probably hitting a guy with her purse.

Ha ha Ha