Posted: 12 years ago
I didn't plan to write any sooner, but because of a kind request, i decided to do so. :)
This OS might be terribly written on whatever but i hope people enjoy it. It's a little bit inspired by the romance novel Once and always by Judith McNaught. Inspired, which means that its a tad bit similar to a scene included in it.

Enjoy!

(Oh, and this might be my last OS for the month since i have exams going on! Do pray for me!)

Forever and always

By Silver.

'Hello, old friend!' said Dev as he waved at a girl who seemed to have been having difficulty coming down the small hill near the bank of the river.

'Am I old already?' asked Geet as she smiled back to her best friend.

'Well, no – I didn't mean it that way' replied Dev as he pulled her down to him near the river. 'You look lovely' he smiled and Geet blushed at the compliment. 'Well, how're things at your place? The new wedding – still plastered in the newspaper's headlines...'

'I think I'm okay – but I'm not' Geet replied, suddenly feeling really low. 'I mean, wasn't wedding the best part of a woman's life? I've always dreamt that I'd marry someone who I'd love and who'd love me back... I guess I didn't get that particular wish granted'

'Nonsense!' Dev scoffed. 'Did you see the way he looks at you? I've known Maan my entire life and never has he behaved the way he behaves around you... I strongly believe that he feels something for you and even if he doesn't – you people are bound to be together. You're married! Eventually, with time, you'd grow feelings for one another...'

'He had always hated me and my family – he only married me because I was helpless and I needed someone to take care of me... But I began to think he had developed feelings for me only he hasn't. He's too stubborn to let anyone into his life that easily. We've only been married for a good six months'

'You're stupid.'

'I know.'

'And you love him.'

'I know.'

'And you need to tell him, you need to go back to him and tell him. Coming here for vacation without him was not the greatest idea and you know it'

'I just wanted to know if he'd miss me when I'm gone. He seemed too careless... or maybe he wanted to look careless – I hate my overpowering hopes!' Geet sank to her feet and plunked herself down on the grass.

'So you came here to make him chase you?' smiled Dev. 'A good plan, but you're too miserable without him.'

'I know' Geet said. 'And it gets worse because I know he'd never love me the way I do – and he'd never want to hold me the way I want him to'

Tears now streamed down her face.

'I don't like this marriage' Geet croaked as Dev bent forwards to wipe her tears. 'I don't – want him – I can't' Geet stammered as she broke into fresh uncontrollable sobs. 'I don't want to cry like this'

'I know,' Dev sat down beside her and pulled her into a comfortable embrace. 'Shh... Don't cry.' Geet buried her head inside his chest. 'Maybe, maybe he does love me, you know? But doesn't let it show... he's too proud to admit that he does' Geet chuckled.

'Well, you can definitely be right – but how are we going to find out if you don't ask? Go back home Geet. You need him right now' Dev whispered back and she nodded.

-:-:-:-

Geet walked inside the dark hotel room that she had booked for her three-night stay. She still felt that she needed more time to be away from him. She needed more time to think over things. She couldn't just go up to him and tell him that she loves him. No. That would be an unpredictable shock since she hadn't shown him any of the affection that grew inside her.

Geet picked up the towel that lay on her bed and not wanting to switch on the lights; she turned around and bumped into someone hard. Her feet and hands froze. And she yelled. But he covered her lips with his hands and switched on the light.

'M – Maan!' Geet exclaimed as her eyes widened in shock.

He stood there in front of her, wearing that dark, angry look that Geet had known for long. But this time, his eyes were red. They had anguish etched upon them and it was so lucid that Geet felt herself shiver. It couldn't have been clearer to her that he was in pain. And suddenly, a pang of guilt sprang inside her chest that dissolved within the next second.

'Yeah, that's right' he spoke through gritted teeth. His voice was deep and hoarse. 'You didn't expect me didn't you? Well, I don't blame your horrid expressions – I disturbed your stay, didn't I? You were enjoying yourself with that boyfriend of yours –

'Maan!' Geet stared at him in disbelief, tears welling up in her eyes. 'He's a friend – only a friend. I'm your wife, I wouldn't dare –'

'You really think I'm that big of a fool?' Maan smirked. 'That I'd believe your fake tears'

'Maan, stop it' Geet drew a long breath and backed away as he came closer. 'Please, Maan, listen to me'

'No – I won't!' he yelled and Geet felt scared; more than scared to be precise. 'I know you don't like me touching you, I know how much you hate me and you'd prefer that friend of yours, wouldn't you?'

'No – Maan, you've got it all wrong'

'Do you know how much you hurt me, Geet?' He grabbed her wrist and pulled her close. She saw tears clouding his eyes. 'All this time you were gone and you didn't – for once think that someone out there might be missing you; desperately wanting to be with you that very moment'

'I thought – I thought you didn't care' Geet said as she made sense of the words. Her eyes began spilling tears whilst she realized that he really did love her. The guilt sprang yet again inside her chest and all she wanted to do was hug him, pull him close. She wanted to kiss him and convince him that he was the only one who she had truly loved.

'I wanted to show you I didn't!' He yelled. His body stiffened and his expressions were suddenly blank. 'I didn't want you to know that I cared because you didn't! And that sent daggers here!' he pulled her soft hand and placed it upon his chest where his heart was beating quite violently. 'Stop spilling those tears!'

'Maan – listen to me – 'Geet said as she noticed the loosening grip on her wrist. Maan began to turn away and a tear escaped his beautiful, brown eye. 'Maan – you can't possibly blame me for my ignorance towards your feelings – you never understood mine either!'

Geet's voice was strained with relief and pain; relief, because he loved her and pain because he never understood her.

He turned around and scrutinized her face. No one could be this great of an actress, he assured himself. He had faced rejection before and did not want to be played with again.

'What do you mean?' asked Maan.

'From that very moment we said our vows, you never even hinted that you cared for me. And I know I tried to escape when they were bringing me to church but I only tried to do that because I thought you could never love me – or be happy with me. I always thought of it as my own fault because I fell for you and you married me because I was estranged! I blamed myself of all the pain you caused because I thought that I was overreacting! And then' Geet drew in a breath as she noticed the sudden change in his expressions. The deathly glare had now softened up and he looked at her with longing.

He pulled her so close that she almost jumped with surprise. 'I didn't marry you because you were helpless' he said it as if it was the most ludicrous thing he had ever heard. 'I married you because I loved you,' he whispered in her ear so passionately that Geet shivered.

'You're lying' said Geet as she wiped a tear.

'No, I'm not and you know it' and the force that he exerted on that particular statement was enough for Geet to be fully convinced. 'Why did you go away then?'

'Because I wanted to know if you'd come' she smiled sadly.

'Well, I'm definitely going to make you pay for what you did to me' he stated, a smirk playing on his lips.

'I'm sorry' Geet muttered under her breath as she wrapped her arms tightly around his body. The small act had a profound effect on him as he pulled away instantly and placed his lips upon hers in a desperate kiss. 'I love you' he heard her mumble under his lips and he tightened his grip on her. Snaking his arm around her waist, he pulled her with such force that her entire body collided with him. The two fell on the bed. Maan lay atop her and her head was on the pillows. She seemed so small, so fragile underneath him that Maan actually considered handling her with the utmost tender.

His lips trailed down her neck as he tried to undo her buttons with his hand. A low groan erupted from inside her chest and he sealed her lips into a longer, hungry kiss.

:*:*:*

She was here in his arms, her head peacefully rested against his shoulder. Maan couldn't believe that she was the same girl who last night had made him completely lose his mind for she looked like a complete angel. He stared at her for a long minute and then placed a kiss upon her forehead. 'I love you' she whispered as her eyes opened slowly and she stared at him in daze. 'You're mine, forever and always' he replied as he cradled her close in his embrace.

nice os.LIKE,as like buton nt wrkng bt I nt only liked bt luvd ur os.all d best 4 ur xms sweety.
Thank you soo much silver...
I really appreciate  this..despite of your exams you fulfilled my wish...Thank you soo much 🤗🤗

Coming to the Os...I loved it...😍...Aww He cared but didnt showed...She loved but never expressed......Jealousy always works 😆...Thank to dev for the first time i liked him anywhere 😆 ...It was Beautiful...Maaneet interaction was very passionate...It was HOT...☺️☺️

Thank you once again
You're welcome Parisa, 😊
and everybody else, im glad all of you liked it 🤗
nice os... well written. 👍🏼
Awww that was such an awesome OS
Luvd it:;
Finally after all these years maaneet have confessed & are happy Xx...
oh that was so cute and lovely nd beautiful... very nice... write more please!!

I LOVED IT!!!
hiii 
awesome os
loved it
loved da concept
maaneet were adorable
thanks 4 da pm

ps
all da best 4 ur exams

THAT WAS AWESOME...U SHOULD CONTINUE..AND IF U DO..PLZ DO PM ME!!!!😃😃