Kajal Agarwal and Ragini Dwivedi in TOI article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
 ON A HAPPY HIGH

The current numero uno, Kajal Agarwal talks to Hyderabad Times about her streak of successes, Bollywood venture, Tollywood friendships and her style quotient

Suresh Kavirayani

Tollywood treats actresses like the latest fashion trends ? a new one every season. But Kajal Agarwal is one of the few female stars, who has managed to become a familiar face in the minds of Telugu viewers, amidst a sea of newcomers. Still basking in the success of "Mr Perfect", "Brindavanam" and "Darling", the actress is on a career high ? she now gets to romance biggies Mahesh Babu and Pawan Kalyan in her future projects, not to forget her meaty role opposite Ajay Devgan in her Bollywood debut, "Singham".
After a hectic shooting schedule for the same, the actress is just back in town. "It is wonderful working with Ajay Devgn. I'm happy I'm debuting with him in "Singham," said Kajal, who laughs off rumours about her shifting base to Bollywood. "I love Telugu films too much to ever think of moving. I start missing Hyderabad when I'm away for shooting. I will do Hindi films only if the scripts excite me. And since there are a lot of South Indian technicians working in this Hindi flick, I felt comfortable," she adds.
Back 'home' in Tollywood, she is busy enjoying her star status, doing movies with all the top stars. "I am in a very happy place right now. Three of my films have been back-to-back successes. If people think I am number one, I would like to say a big thank you for the compliment. But frankly, I don't believe in the dirty number game. I compete with myself. I'm glad I got to work with most of the young actors. I share a great rapport with all of them, be it Tarak, Prabhas or Allu Arjun."
Prabhas, a little more than anyone perhaps? "Just because I did two films with him, why should I be linked with him. I am single, but I really don't have time to 'mingle.' I share a cordial relationship with all in the industry, but all my true buddies are in Mumbai," clarifies Kajal, who also keeps the T'wood girls at bay. "We actresses exchange courtesies when we meet at events, but I never discuss my work with them. Samantha and Tamannaah are the only ones I can count as friends."
Bringing the focus back to work, Kajal is all excited about her project with Mahesh Babu. "When I entered Tollywood, "Pokiri" was the first Telugu film I watched. From then on, I wanted to work with the Puri-Mahesh combo," she said.
So content is she with her current career path that even the brickbats she got for her last film, "Veera" doesn't deter her. "I signed up for the movie because I liked the character, 'Chitti.' For the first time, I did a 'mass' role. It was an experiment, my job was to work hard. The fate of a film is not in our control," she says.
Kajal is also fast earning the tag of being one of the most stylish actresses in T'wood. "I try to experiment with my look in all my films. For now, I'm working with designer Vikram Phadnis. I do most of my shopping in Mumbai," she says.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Daily/skins/TOINEW/navigator.asp?Daily=TOIH&showST=true&login=default&pub=TOI
Edited by chalhov - 12 years ago
Posted: 12 years ago
TOI Bangalore

BONDING WITH THE BEST

So what if Ragini Dwivedi is working on her birthday today? She's got films with all the biggies in the industry in her kitty

Prathibha Joy

Ragini Dwivedi turns 21 today. But what should have been a momentous occasion for her will be spent away from family as she begins shooting for MS Ramesh's film in Mysore today. "I'm finally 21," says a gleeful Ragini. "I've made no celebration plans as I am going to be in Mysore for a month for the shoot of this film. Celebration for me is spending time with family and friends, but now I'm going to be away. But it's okay that I'm working on my birthday. It's just an indication that good things are ahead for me. I've had a 10-day break that I spent with my folks, especially my brother," she adds. The good things in life, right now, says Ragini, are that she has three big Kannada films in her kitty, is in talks for a couple more, and maybe even foraying into Kollywood and Tollywood. "The year started off well for me. Kempegowda is the
biggest hit of the year so far. I'm following that up with Kanchana opposite Diganth, and Happy Husbands. In the second half of the year, I have MS Ramesh's film in which I co-star with Aditya and play an RJ, after which I will work on director Om Prakash's Shiva opposite Shivanna in a glamorous albeit equally important role as the hero, and P Vasu's film with Upendra," says Ragini. Doesn't P Vasu's film already have Sadaa in the lead? "Sadaa plays Upendra's wife. But I'm also romancing him in the film. You'll have to see the film and figure out how that's possible," says Ragini. The actress is now ready to try her hand at other regional cinema, like Tamil and Telugu. But remind her that her Mollywood debut Kandahar tanked miserably and she quips, "The fate of the film at the BO doesn't matter to me. Kandahar was a good experience for me. I got to work with a great cast and crew." Ragini says other south Indian language films are not priority for her. "I'm doing so many Kannada films and some really great stuff at that. My priority is to establish myself well in Sandalwood. I realise that if and when I do migrate, I will not immediately receive the love and support I get here. But I'm not averse to doing films in other languages. There are offers that I might take up soon. My focus, though, will always be Sandalwood," she signs off.
[email protected]

BIRTHDAY BABE: Ragini Dwivedi