Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
In a deep forest, two lonely trees stood solemnly rooted. They were aware of each other, but they stayed separated, each blowing in it's own wind. As they continued to grow, their arms branched out, their leaves tangling and twining. No matter how far they tries to be the stronger the wind blew the more their leaves tangles, till one day, their you couldn't tell them apart. Forced by nature and all that conspired they were tangled together.
When the wind blew strong, each tree tried to pull their branches apart and the wind seared in between then ravaging their leaves and breaking their stems in the process. If only they'd realized that bracing the storm together would make them stronger. Unfortunately they didn't learn, and then one day came a wind so strong it threatened them by their roots. Both of them shook and shuddered. Their limbs were battered and bruised from the battle with the storm, their ground shaken. Each blamed the other for the storm, and neither knew how to battle the wind.
Where am I going with this if you haven't fallen asleep on me yet...is what I feel like Guddu and Runjhun's relationship can be described as.
Two Fridays ago there was a big storm. They voiced their insecurities and issues each other had, and while they spoke what was in their heart neither of them followed threw consequence wise. They fought and it may seem like they've made up, but there is a lot of things left unsaid which will come to a boil if not dealt with.
To some this feels like a redundancy, we're back to square one...we fight, we make make up, we fight we make up...it seems like a cycle and theirs neither push nor pull.
How can someone who was mad, who said he wouldn't forget, who was bitter, become so nice again all of sudden? How can someone who was hurt and angry, forgive and forget so easy? How can we go from fight to fluff?
Then again have we really gone from fight to fluff? I'm not going to answer the question directly but there are a few things I'll point out.
1. Guddu & Runjhun do need to discuss their issues, because their next fight will be only more explosive.
2. Guddu hasn't learned to control his anger completely (he needs to learn to do this without Runjhun present)
3. Runjhun on the same hand needs to accept that there are times when listening and pulling back are okay, and on the same time sometimes standing up for yourself is okay.
4. Runjhun is comfortable with Guddu's touch and has no qualms touching him either, but those touches are not intimate or affectionate. When I say intimate, I mean non casual. Yes she isn't averse as she used to be but the touches are casual or instinctual, and it's one friends would share.
5. Guddu and Runjhun's fight moved them from exploratory phase to friendship phase. Initially they were testing boundaries with each other, but their fight has moved them beyond that phase, they're no longer testing boundaries with each other. I'm not saying they understand each other completely but they're no longer in the exploring phase. It might feel the same but there is differences.
Having said that, there are somethings that have been admitted, somethings that remain on the back burner, and there is definitely something brewing below the surface, so while to some it may seem like cool breeze, and it might, but it doesn't take the cool breeze to quickly become a storm when the circumstances threaten...
The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:
D.I.D.foreva, QueenEmerald, Brindha87, Pink19, trish1, sofeajan, peachesandcream, Aginaya69, ljcruz, Dhanujp, uzee, Julie0001, Prabhkallu, LoveGuddu, jps01, edabella, sur001, bhavni88, rusha4003, OmaRamdass, anna44, sigrid, Peace67, Infofan, Ziva01,