Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

India-Forums

Discussion Thread - May 23rd-27th, 2011 (Page 2)

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Gardes yesterday you wrote: "G is very sweet when he wants to but can be lethal when he loses it!"

BINGO
This is indeed the issue. Guddu in some ways is a classic abusive bully personality. Yes, he is very endearing and very good looking, but the show as it started out demonstrates  that there is a real darkness in him. Bottom line:

He does not treat RJ right and has not treated her right in the past.

1. When Guddu gets mad he loses it. I know a lot of young girls watch this show and find Guddu a sexy bad boy, but his treatment of RJ in times of his anger are NOT right. The way he talks to he is disgusting and the way that he raises her hand to slap her is HORRIFIC. That is in no way acceptable in the relations between men and women. In fact the last time we see him raise his hand at the mention of Neelu, notice that RJ recoils a little in fear.  The way he speaks is not right and I would like to see him, even in anger treat her with more respect. Yes, we can applaud when he gives her a few moments of importance in the mobile store, but in anger he treats her like dirt and knows that he can.

2. Why does RJ accept this? While she has counseled Guddu against his anger FOR his own well-being, she has NEVER stood up to him and said, "You cannot talk to me like this even in anger." RJ has faced a life of abuse and her only ally, Amma,, has not always been the best defense against her abusers. The fact that RJ is still silent and polite to her abusive family, makes her able to take Guddu's abuses silently.  A woman with a fully formed sense of self-respect would not put up with Guddu's nonsense. RJ is an abuse victim and in some ways expects that in her life with Guddu. She tried to break the cycle with Abhi, but he was another betrayer

3. I know that Guddu is good at heart and all that, but in many ways he still treats RJ as his personal maid. He expects full service from her all day and we the audience and RJ are happy when he compliments her food! C'mom!  Guddu has only given RJ crumbs and that is not good enough.  Everything in this last 30 days is all about Guddu. When has he ever really looked at RJ as a person, who has some needs, desires, hopes?
Yes he bought her a sari, yes he boiled some water when he caused a stomach-ache, BUT seriously is this enough? The only time I have seen him interfering in RJ's load of work is when he wants her to do something FOR him. There was the one time when he came back after buying a sari for her, but he has a complete lack of awareness about her.

4.  I love the character of Guddu, and I think if the Creatives handle this right there is lots of room. But right now he is in no way fit to be a companion for her. In the name of anger, he treats her however he wants and THAT is not okay. This should not be a standard of treatment young women look to. People should treat you with respect always

5. I can totally see Guddu believing something crazy about RJ and the pregnancy with Abhi. Look how crazy he went about Abhi. In a split second, Guddu not only goes from Good to Bad, he also sees RJ like that. Guddu makes hasty decisions all the time, even buying that junky cell-phone yesterday before RJ stopped him. RJ kept saying last week what happened to me should not happen to Madhavi. I can see Guddu thinking something may have happened. Also, yesterday the goons reminded Guddu that he forced the marriage on RJ and that he may not be aware at all of what was her situation.  They played on his insecurities

. Guddu is not always a clear thinker,, egotistical, a little self-destructive, insecure and therefore easily effected by those around him. He keeps thinking that there is another side to RJ. Maybe because he is Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde. I can see him believing some lie about her. He cannot accept the goodness when he sees it as he himself has another side

Edited by jpalagrawal - 24 May 2011 at 8:43am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenEmeraldPleiadesK__SDhanujpSonadev-salma-rani2007azuriaLoveGudduEtna_Diagardesbhavni88sigridInfofan

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Guddu is brash, crass, a bully...no doubt...

But I think most of what he does is just bluster...he talks about raising his hand on everyone...but he never DOES it...it's not like he's slapping her around and literally beating her physically, is he?

And he is a typical MCP from that area where in general women are expected to be housewives serving food and serving their husbands all the time...that is the reason his character is like that.

Guddu's way of showing respect/concern/affection are all very different...that is why GR have their own dynamic...Runjhun is not meek in front of him from any angle...she stands up to him...if she does things for him, it is because of her own mahaanta code of wanting to do things for her "family"...which now include Guddu as he's technically her husband...and ofcourse the ever-ready excuse...AMMA ke liye...lol

Guddu is a grey character...that is what makes him interesting...he's crass in a shocking manner many times with the way he says stuff like he'll slap her and all no doubt...but then that is what makes Guddu...Guddu...there's a whole lot of bluster on the surface but it's more a case of his bark is worse than his bite. He's got a major chip on his shoulder.

Evolution takes time...Guddu's ways are crass but his heart is clean...he's not a deliberately malicious person either.

Edited by nureat01 - 24 May 2011 at 8:19am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesljcruzLoveGudduEtna_Diaazuriaedabella-salma-Julie0001gardesbhavni88WafahsigridInfofan

Etna_Dia Goldie
Etna_Dia
Etna_Dia

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:22am | IP Logged
@ Jpalagrawl

I agree with every word that you wrote, but I hope the producers handle the story well and soon will see Guddu realizing his mistakes and what a Bad husband he was and wanting to improve himself! That is how the story seems to go! If they don't do that, then yes the story doesn't make sense at all!

And not only him, but her family also deserve a lesson from life to realize what they had and what they loose: Runhjun  as a person with or without her luck!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesDhanujp-salma-Julie0001bhavni88

nadeera Groupbie
nadeera
nadeera

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Ive always praised BBAT for their fast moving stories...but it seems to me that they are streaching the story. 30 days challange is going to end in 60 days...for last TWO months we are waiting. TWO bloody months. OMG!! This week i am already convinced that nothing's gonna happen. We have to wait another week for that. This entire week Guddu and Runjhun are going to do romance only and Mama maamis are going to plan n plot. I hope to see some genuine dhamaka next week. Apart from their challange, every other issues are getting priorities,eg. Mobile centre, mahadevi-jabbu, kalsanwali fighting with her hubby, mahadevi puking grossly...eeewww...spare me!!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ljcruzEtna_DiaJulie0001gardesbhavni88

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Guddu is brash, crass, a bully...no doubt...

But I think most of what he does is just bluster...he talks about raising his hand on everyone...but he never DOES it...it's not like he's slapping her around and literally beating her physically, is he?

And he is a typical MCP from that area where in general women are expected to be housewives serving food and serving their husbands all the time...that is the reason his character is like that.

Guddu's way of showing respect/concern/affection are all very different...that is why GR have their own dynamic...Runjhun is not meek in front of him from any angle...she stands up to him...if she does things for him, it is because of her own mahaanta code of wanting to do things for her "family"...which now include Guddu as he's technically her husband...and ofcourse the ever-ready excuse...AMMA ke liye...lol

Guddu is a grey character...that is what makes him interesting...he's crass in a shocking manner many times with the way he says stuff like he'll slap her and all no doubt...but then that is what makes Guddu...Guddu...there's a whole lot of bluster on the surface but it's more a case of his bark is worse than his bite. He's got a major chip on his shoulder.

Evolution takes time...Guddu's ways are crass but his heart is clean...he's not a deliberately malicious person either.

Hi Nu

You are very right. Guddu is gray and that is why he is so interesting as the male lead. Himanshoo plays him brilliantly with just the right humor, ego, warmth, childishness and softness. Really a brilliant and beautiful portrayal. And this is why we root for Guddu, hurt with him and relate to him.

I think that he has done hurtful things to RJ in malice such as marrying her against her will and treating her sometimes quite badly (paratha eating contest, making her clean the dishes with the chicken, etc)

I love both these characters, because in each their own way they are loners and have fragilities. This story could be great, because indeed both could become to each other everything that the other needs. I love the idea of Guddu as RJ's shield and RJ as Guddu's home and heart.

My post was more on the fact that these characters still have a distance to travel to become these things to each other. Each character has to evolve. Guddu is still and probably will remain a volatile character.  If the CV's can handle this right, we can see the unfolding of this amazing love story. My point was Guddu is not there yet as RJ's soul-mate. But if there is ANY man that can be her soul-mate it is him. He has to grow into this for her and it is happening. He is becoming more aware of her likes and needs in these past episodes.

RJ is strong. I am not implying that her character has no dignit,y or that she is weak. You put it beautifully one time when you talked about her fierce dignity.  Today I like that she was attracted to Guddu, but the only thing that bothered me is why does it have to be the dressed up Guddu, who is following her vision? Why is she attracted to the possibly changed Guddu only? She has to see him for himself.

I think their backgrounds and flaws as well as their needs make these characters beautifully incomplete and I am excited what the union can bring one day.  I think though both have a ways to go and that is fine. I want this beautiful story to slowly develop.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 24 May 2011 at 1:18pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesSonadevDhanujpEtna_Diaedabellaazuriabhavni88sigridInfofanAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jpalagrawal

Hi Nu

You are very right. Guddu is gray and that is why he is so interesting as the male lead. Himanshoo plays him brilliantly with just the right humor, ego, warmth, childishness and softness. Really a brilliant and beautiful portrayal. And this is why we root for Guddu, hurt with him and relate to him.

I think that he has done hurtful things to RJ in malice such as marrying her against her will and treating her sometimes quite badly (paratha eating contest, making her clean the dishes with the chicken, etc)

I love both these characters, because in each their own way they are loners and have fragilities. This story could be great, because indeed both could become to each other everything that the other needs. I love the idea of Guddu as RJ's shield and RJ as Guddu's home and heart.

My post was more on the fact that these characters still have a distance to travel to become these things to each other. Each character has to evolve. Guddu is still and probably will remain a volatile character.  If the CV's can handle this right, we can see the unfolding of this amazing love story. My point was Guddu is not there yet as RJ's soul-mate. But if there is ANY man that can be her soul-mate it is him. He has to grow into this for her and it is happening. He is becoming more aware of her likes and needs in these past episodes.

RJ is strong. I am not implying that her character has no dignit,y or that she is weak. You put it beautifully one time when you talked about her fierce dignity.  Today I like that she was attracted to Guddu, but the only thing that bothered me is why does it have to be the dressed up Guddu, who is following her vision? Why is she attracted to the possibly changed Guddu only? She has to see him for himself.

I think their backgrounds and flaws as well as their needs make these characters beautifully incomplete and I am excited what the union can bring one day.  I think though both have a ways to go and that is fine. I want this beautiful story to slowly develop.

I see your point yaar...agree totally both of them have to evolve a long way to truly become right for each other in every way possible...I guess I just generally rambled off about Guddu in that post...lol...I haven't seen today's epi yet so dunno what to really say about that yet...

I honestly find RJ the most confusing at this point...as to WHICH Guddu she likes...like you pointed out...Guddu's idiosyncracies have also oddly become familiar and consistent to me at this point and they show his confused feelings about RJ in a better manner...but RJ herself is a tough nut to crackConfusedLOL

I also hope the story is well developed cuz the characters so have a lot of potential based on their flaws and vulnerabilities...so far it's shaped up well and H and N have both done a great job...

But I'm taking the epis one day at a time cuz general soap watching experience makes me wary of when this story might go down the drainOuchLOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesDhanujpEtna_DiaedabellaJulie0001bhavni88sigrid

edabella Goldie
edabella
edabella

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Today I like that she was attracted to Guddu, but the only thing that bothered me is why does it have to be the dressed up Guddu, who is following her vision? Why is she attracted to the possibly changed Guddu only? She has to see him for himself.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't really say Runjhun shows that she is attracted to the possibly changed Guddu only.  I'm thinkin' of the bathroom scene where as she was getting his bath water ready, she was starin' at him & she only stopped staring at him when she found out the water overflowed- the overflowing happened because she was fixated on himLOL.  He was just wearing an undershirt and jeans w/a towel around his neck in this scene.  There was also the scene where he is wearing this same outfit and he leans towards her while she is adjusting his bed.  Although her face wasn't completely lookin' into his face, I think she might have felt something w/her pati's face so close to hers, her face barely touching his.    

Edited by edabella - 24 May 2011 at 3:30pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesDhanujpEtna_DiaJulie0001bhavni88sigridInfofan

edabella Goldie
edabella
edabella

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Hey fellow forum members.  Honestly, I don't really feel like talkin' about Gunjhun as much as before.  I Heart Gunjhun it's just that today, after reading explanations of the this pair, very deep, interesting expanations by the wayBig smile, I really don't feel that I can say much about them for a few reasons.  For me, it's easier to talk about Jabevi, well.. at least at the moment I think it's easier to talk about this pairingLOL.  I guess part of the reason as to why I feel more limited w/what I can say about Gunjhun is because pretty much everything has been said about them on this forumLOL.  This is a good signThumbs Up.  This means that there are viewers out there who think deeply about this show, they are not lookin' at it on the surface.  I used to post topics on this forum quite frequently but I would be surprised if I went back to postin' up topics this frequentlyLOL  If I feel that there is something goin' on in my mind about Gunjhun that I really just wanna let out, I'll either post it up as a topic or reply to someone's post about them (most probably I'll do the latter)  Anyways, I'd like to put forth a question to discuss.  Here it is,

Do u think Devi is gonna end up aborting her unborn child?  I'm leaning on she is not gonna end up goin' through w/the abortion.  Feel free to post your thoughts on this question.  I was thinkin' of makin' this question into a topic but in the end, I chose to post it on this discussion board.        

Edited by edabella - 24 May 2011 at 4:35pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesDhanujpEtna_DiaJulie0001

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index