Discussion Thread - May 23rd-27th, 2011 - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peachesandcream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Agree nureat01
first he tenderly grips her hand and looks at her with so much affection.  I would love to have him murmur something and R hears part of it and questions him.  Edited by peachesandcream - 12 years ago
Pleiades thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

I wrote a bit of my thoughts in the WU thread...

One thing I have to say is that the pre-cap was fairly appalling to me.  I know some of you can't wait to see tomorrow's episode but I beg to differ here.

If shown, this will be a first step in intimacy between Runjhun and Guddu after crossing many hurdles along the way (let us just pretend that the story progressed as we would have wished to see).

To me, it seemed like Runjhun had passed out from intoxication when Guddu leans over to plant a kiss.  If a couple enjoys physical intimacy and this scene is shown, I am ok with it, but here Guddu does it when Runjhun is not in a state to accept or protest.  To me Guddu is taking advantage of Runjhun - wife or not.  He knows his touch is not welcome and now he goes further than a simple touch.

I did not like that move AT ALL.

Hmm.. Gardes makes a good point. Even though the kiss is just a peck on the cheek and was seen to be given affectionately as nureat01 said. Runjhun still did not give him her consent. While in some cases this may be seen as a sweet and spontaneous bit of affection, our particular scenario has some issues. Given the past history with Guddu and Runjhun's touches, and the fact that Guddu is well aware of the fact that Runjhun is still not physically comfortable with him outside of casual platonic touches he should not have kissed her.

I really would have preferred the first bit of romantic contact between the two to have actually rather surprisingly have come from Runjhun not Guddu. I think it would have been great for the story and the show as a whole if it were Runjhun who made the first real move. Now I know most of you are thinking that Runjhun is waaay to shy and non-assertive and still not consciously aware of how she feels for Guddu to actually do something like that, but love can drive a person to do some crazy things (not that I would know, lol 😆).

On the other hand, pre-caps can be quite misleading, we shall see how tomorrow goes.

Edited by Pleiades - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
I don't think the last few 'touches' so to speak b/w GR have been just platonic either...she's become much more free with him when she herself drags him around to try shirts on or holds his hand to stop him from doing something like hitting out at those gundas...it's not casual either...I think she's relaxed much more around him and he senses that somewhere too...in today's epi he was applying the teeka on her and she was smiling...I don't see this precap scene as him imposing himself on RJ...it's just one brief moment of him giving in to his feelings for her which haven't found an outlet since ages..so I'm not analyzing it very deeply I guess...lol
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Nureat, P & C

Each views life from their perspective and your thinking works for you.  I am a mother of a daughter and I viewed the precap from my perspective.  I don't deny that there is tenderness in the look and that he is admiring his wife, but there is a history behind them and they have not been intimate yet.  Under those circumstances, it is a questionable move.

Pleiades,

I like the word you used - consent.  It is a very good word and it should be adhered to by all significant others - married or not.  It shows respect for the partner you are with.  If not consensual, it amounts to abuse!
AreYaar thumbnail
@Gardes: I understand what you are trying to say but all I'm saying is that where there is love and attraction involved, there isn't exactly a rulebook for each step to go in sequence...yes RJ's consent is important, no denying...but Guddu kissing her and that too so tenderly...it's not like he's pawing her or something...doesn't amount to abuse in my opinion. It's just another step in their back and forth.
Pleiades thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

@Gardes: I understand what you are trying to say but all I'm saying is that where there is love and attraction involved, there isn't exactly a rulebook for each step to go in sequence...yes RJ's consent is important, no denying...but Guddu kissing her and that too so tenderly...it's not like he's pawing her or something...doesn't amount to abuse in my opinion. It's just another step in their back and forth.

I don't think Guddu is "abusing" her, it does look like something impulsive and something he couldn't stop himself from doing, I seriously doubt he planned it. But when it comes down to it, it was kind of inappropriate, given the fact that she wasn't conscious for it.

How can it be "back and forth" if the other person doesn't even know about it?

On the other hand, I  definitely agree with your point that there isn't a "rulebook" or specific set of steps for love and attraction, and that sometimes spontaneity, assertiveness, and risk-taking is necessary. Guddu and Runjhun will have to find their own way that works for them, especially given the unorthodox circumstances that brought them together.
Edited by Pleiades - 12 years ago
Pleiades thumbnail
.Edited by Pleiades - 12 years ago
azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hello people,

Days remaining. That calender we saw so avidly was the one Runjhun was counting the days of her marriage. According to her kundli her husband would die in thirty days. And the accident which G had was for her a reminder. That is whay she took the dead man to be her hubby.
Now let me see the day G opend the store was eight day so count after that. I think a week has passed since then. so it should be between 15 to 17 day that has passed. Directors are good by keeping the same clothes you know what day it is.
As fr G kissing G.
H*ll it was a kiss given to a small girl who had a good day. Not a hubby wiefy kiss. As my daughter pointed out he is not even touching the cheek mamma.
Exactly.
AreYaar thumbnail
@Azuria: LOL he did touch her cheek...but I also think the kiss was very innocent and almost child-like...nothing really that serious about it.

@Pleiades: By back and forth, I meant for their situation...yes she's not aware of what he's doing but I think HE himself will step back again...

Guddu is a very mercurial character...he changes moods very fast so I think anything is possible when it comes to him...lol
azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hello there.
I beg your pardons and offer a rose garden! Wafa ji and other HE KISSED HER: JUST SHOWING HIS DOMINENCE WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING!
MR Shukla should do better. But I like this show because it dose show things that is not normal in other serials. Isnt thats why We love it so. What good depiction of human nature. Dont we sneak for candy and sweets.
I live in a country where sex is a free commodity. Body contact is a normal and day to day thing. Men and women hug each other. They are married, as he said just becuse I have not aserted my rights dose not mean that I dont have them.
Here I would like to quote from 1 of april episode where he is telling VP that no one can buy his marriage with money. There he was sincier. I have a hunch that he wants to rturn the money before he start showing Runjhun his rights on her as a hubby- But I could be wronge.

And as I said erlier the calander is to keep the days since she married him since unlike Abhigyan he married her without her marriyng a Bargad ka tree.  I am reffering to M&Ms manglik kundli.

I recalculated the days and here is the count.
Green sari first day
Dhani sari and suhagraat 2 day
Tempel visit Gudduhater 3 day
Guddu shopping Light blu sari 4th day
Hot food eating blue sari 5th day.
Mirchi samosas red sari 6th day.
Guddu interwieu Dhani sari 7th day,
Finished dukan contract taken red sari 8th day
Opning of dukan blue sari , Guddu fight 9th day.
Light blue sari Guddu breaks R fast 10th day.
Guddu Runjhun catch jabevi at PN in the morning later Blue sari 11th day. The big fight is that same day.
Purpel sari Guddu in hospital 12 th day.
While Guddu recovers at home  saris denoting three days
 Green,13th day
 blue 14 th day
Light blue Guddu takes bath and gose to shop 15th day
Guddu  Runjhun shopping two sari but one day Pink sari 16th day
Red sari temple Runjhun Talli 17th day
Runjhun wakesup in red sari 18th day
 I hope it gives good count. So the calander with 25 days are plus 7 days of marriage that the calander says.