Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Discussion Thread - May 23rd-27th, 2011

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Guys,

Opened up a discussion thread for this week.  Please feel free to use.  I won't be able to post as much this week but will join back in like normal next week.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Opened a discussion thread with nothing to discuss...Rani Ji that's not how it works...LOL you can't just put the pot on the fire, where's the masala to stir in the pot to get it brewing...Just teasing...

rani2007 thumbnail
Ok ok... I'm posting!

Just saw Monday's episodes and here are some thoughts.

1.  Guddu tells Runjhun ok enough shopping now how about some shopping for me.  WHAT?? I actually rewound because I thought I misheard it.  You want RUNJHUN to shop for you?? Maybe now that Runjhun is setting out his Gunda clothes to wear he thinks it's ok to shop with her?  I don't know about you but I didn't really see a diff between the first shirt she picked out and the second... outside of the color.

2.  I loved that he whispered to her in a confidant type of way... and told her to take over.  That's so rare...  He knows that Runjhun knows what she is talking about and listens to her...even when he has decided to get the poor quality phone he was Ok with her saying no to doing that and he listened. I liked that he didn't just tell her to be quite.  They really are like partners.

3.  The taking of the bag... you forget how considerate the man is all the time... his anger really is down biggest enemy.

4.  I thought it was weird that Guddu said that he is not a fool, that he didn't want anything to ruin this happy day, that he learned to control his anger...did he forget? HE GRABBED THE GUYS BY THE COLLAR?? WHAT!!! That's not controlling your anger!! He lost his temper and then calmed down but that is different from I didn't lose my temper at all.

5.  I wish that Guddu and Runjhun has been looking at each other when the Gundas were making the comments about the couple and how Runjhun doesn't belong with Guddu.  Guddu wasn't surprised by the comments though he looked a little upset and then got angry.  Runjhun on the other hand was really upset and looked like she didn't agree with what they were saying and that she didn't like they way they were describing her and Guddu.  Both Guddu and Rujnhun need to see how the other views the marriage... Guddu agrees with the goons... Runjhun does not.

6.  FORESHADOWING:  Runjhun saying that she doesn't want anything to ruin Guddu's friendship with Jabbo.  I am pretty sure that Jabbo will say that Runjhun wants the exact opposite of these words.  I cannot wait for the scene in which Jabbo says this to Guddu and that he thinks Runjhun just wants to break their frienship.  I hope Guddu gives him a good whack... though if he's controlling his anger I guess he won't...😆😆😆

4.  Jabevi... I still think this whole thing is to bring Devi over to Runjhun's side.  I know I wrote previously about Guddu thinking that Runjhun's preg with Abhi's baby but I really dont see that track playing out... Guddu has to trust Runjhun... and Runjhun would never forgive (or forget) such  a big accusation.  I hope that when people assume that Runjhun is pregnant it turns into something that brings Gunjhun closer together.  Like, something that only the two of them know about, so when people talk to them, it gives them a chance to exchange glances... smile at one another.. and talk through their gestures like they did last week when they were not talking.. lol... only this time it'll be on better terms.
Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago
rani2007 thumbnail
I also love that she is freely touching him now... thought I guess it doesn't count since a hand on his shirt or something but it's a step in the right direction.

The pulling him back when she wanted to go into the store shot was cute.😆😳
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@rani

I think he did control his anger. He could do have done much worse! But he stopped when his wife asked him! I think that what he did was enough to scare them so they can go and leave them alone!

Edited by etna - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
4.  Jabevi... I still think this whole thing is to bring Devi over to Runjhun's side.  I know I wrote previously about Guddu thinking that Runjhun's preg with Abhi's baby but I really dont see that track playing out... Guddu has to trust Runjhun... and Runjhun would never forgive (or forget) such  a big accusation.  I hope that when people assume that Runjhun is pregnant it turns into something that brings Gunjhun closer together.  Like, something that only the two of them know about, so when people talk to them, it gives them a chance to exchange glances... smile at one another.. and talk through their gestures like they did last week when they were not talking.. lol... only this time it'll be on better terms.

Rani,
Above:  G could never accuse R to be so characterless if R was the one who was trying to prevent what happened to Mahadevi in the first place - she dragged G along with her to rescue Mahadevi from Jabbo's clutches - at least the character of G as I know it.
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I saw the HA segment and R consumming bhang and acting silly.  So out-of-character for both R and G.

OMG it is Zee's interference.  We wanted the show promoted, Zee wants all demographics and love Bollywood masala, so the CVs were forced to act on it.  If this continues, I am done with BBAT.

I don't want to see what happened to another show I used to watch repeated here as well.  It led to the ruination of that show and I don't want BBAT to go to the wayside.  I will elaborate later.
AreYaar thumbnail
Monday's epi was nice...well the GR bits...I forwarded through the Jabbu-Mahadevi stuff...they get on my nerves :P

Liked the way Guddu whispered to Runjhun so naturally at the mobile store...their natural camaraderie was on full display in this ep...lol...so relaxed around each other...one major laughter session did all this? Sweet :-)...and when he actually listened to her opinion about the quality of the phones, I was in shock...haha

The comfortable touches like her pulling him back to check the size of the shirt...very hubby-wifey natural scene there as if they've been comfortable since ages...lol

Him offering to carry her bag...awww...lol...that was very surprisingly sweet of him...

Those goons who came to bug him and make him angry...I have to say their taunts were damn funny though...I was laughing watching this scene...LOL

The way Runjhun stopped him and the way both times he only calmed down at her touch...interesting...although I was amused when he claimed later on that he wouldn't have lost his temper...dude you grabbed those two guy's faces like you were going to choke them there only...did you forget? LOL

Cute bit though the way he told he wants to take her somewhere...so intrigued to see where now.

And what's this I hear about a tall Runjhun segment now...hmmm dunno what to make of that :S
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Gardes yesterday you wrote: "G is very sweet when he wants to but can be lethal when he loses it!"

BINGO
This is indeed the issue. Guddu in some ways is a classic abusive bully personality. Yes, he is very endearing and very good looking, but the show as it started out demonstrates  that there is a real darkness in him. Bottom line:

He does not treat RJ right and has not treated her right in the past.

1. When Guddu gets mad he loses it. I know a lot of young girls watch this show and find Guddu a sexy bad boy, but his treatment of RJ in times of his anger are NOT right. The way he talks to he is disgusting and the way that he raises her hand to slap her is HORRIFIC. That is in no way acceptable in the relations between men and women. In fact the last time we see him raise his hand at the mention of Neelu, notice that RJ recoils a little in fear.  The way he speaks is not right and I would like to see him, even in anger treat her with more respect. Yes, we can applaud when he gives her a few moments of importance in the mobile store, but in anger he treats her like dirt and knows that he can.

2. Why does RJ accept this? While she has counseled Guddu against his anger FOR his own well-being, she has NEVER stood up to him and said, "You cannot talk to me like this even in anger." RJ has faced a life of abuse and her only ally, Amma,, has not always been the best defense against her abusers. The fact that RJ is still silent and polite to her abusive family, makes her able to take Guddu's abuses silently.  A woman with a fully formed sense of self-respect would not put up with Guddu's nonsense. RJ is an abuse victim and in some ways expects that in her life with Guddu. She tried to break the cycle with Abhi, but he was another betrayer

3. I know that Guddu is good at heart and all that, but in many ways he still treats RJ as his personal maid. He expects full service from her all day and we the audience and RJ are happy when he compliments her food! C'mom!  Guddu has only given RJ crumbs and that is not good enough.  Everything in this last 30 days is all about Guddu. When has he ever really looked at RJ as a person, who has some needs, desires, hopes?
Yes he bought her a sari, yes he boiled some water when he caused a stomach-ache, BUT seriously is this enough? The only time I have seen him interfering in RJ's load of work is when he wants her to do something FOR him. There was the one time when he came back after buying a sari for her, but he has a complete lack of awareness about her.

4.  I love the character of Guddu, and I think if the Creatives handle this right there is lots of room. But right now he is in no way fit to be a companion for her. In the name of anger, he treats her however he wants and THAT is not okay. This should not be a standard of treatment young women look to. People should treat you with respect always

5. I can totally see Guddu believing something crazy about RJ and the pregnancy with Abhi. Look how crazy he went about Abhi. In a split second, Guddu not only goes from Good to Bad, he also sees RJ like that. Guddu makes hasty decisions all the time, even buying that junky cell-phone yesterday before RJ stopped him. RJ kept saying last week what happened to me should not happen to Madhavi. I can see Guddu thinking something may have happened. Also, yesterday the goons reminded Guddu that he forced the marriage on RJ and that he may not be aware at all of what was her situation.  They played on his insecurities

. Guddu is not always a clear thinker,, egotistical, a little self-destructive, insecure and therefore easily effected by those around him. He keeps thinking that there is another side to RJ. Maybe because he is Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde. I can see him believing some lie about her. He cannot accept the goodness when he sees it as he himself has another side

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Guddu is brash, crass, a bully...no doubt...

But I think most of what he does is just bluster...he talks about raising his hand on everyone...but he never DOES it...it's not like he's slapping her around and literally beating her physically, is he?

And he is a typical MCP from that area where in general women are expected to be housewives serving food and serving their husbands all the time...that is the reason his character is like that.

Guddu's way of showing respect/concern/affection are all very different...that is why GR have their own dynamic...Runjhun is not meek in front of him from any angle...she stands up to him...if she does things for him, it is because of her own mahaanta code of wanting to do things for her "family"...which now include Guddu as he's technically her husband...and ofcourse the ever-ready excuse...AMMA ke liye...lol

Guddu is a grey character...that is what makes him interesting...he's crass in a shocking manner many times with the way he says stuff like he'll slap her and all no doubt...but then that is what makes Guddu...Guddu...there's a whole lot of bluster on the surface but it's more a case of his bark is worse than his bite. He's got a major chip on his shoulder.

Evolution takes time...Guddu's ways are crass but his heart is clean...he's not a deliberately malicious person either.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago