Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ZoobiDoobi

i am not really upset with my friends. There is a history to that too. I was insulted by the same person who posted those categories a few weeks ago. She called me Dumb. n now she jst called me COW. after listening to all this, do i want them to use my work? 😑

]

Are you upset with me ?πŸ˜ƒ
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I want them to remove it...I dont want to go there anymore. So what if I am a SRK fan but nooo...i cant go there anymore.

Bebo:

'Untouchables' demand removal of Bollywood star

Saif Ali Khan and Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor interact with media as they arrive at the International Indian Film Academy, or IIFA, awards event in Colombo last year. - AP File Photo

MUMBAI: A Bollywood studio has dismissed a complaint from a group representing oppressed low-caste Hindus, asking for a top actor to be removed from a starring role in a new film because of his background.

Prakash Jah Productions said a Dalit activist group had asked for Saif Ali Khan to be dropped from the film "Aarakshan" (Reservation).

The group said it was "vehemently opposed" to Khan's casting as a Dalit "because he is of Muslim royal heritage", which made him unsuitable for the role.

India's 160 million Dalits were once known as "untouchables" and given the most menial jobs. Many still face discrimination, are forbidden to use communal wells and excluded from social events, despite anti-discrimination laws.

But Bollywood director Prakash Jha, head of the production house, said in an emailed statement that the group's argument was "absurd and totally goes against the spirit of freedom and equality".

He has now sent an open letter to the group, stating that it was impossible to recast the role as shooting had finished.

He added: "India is a fully democratic country with full rights and freedom to tell stories through our movies. Social, political and religious issues can be spoken about and depicted on screen."

The film, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone, is a drama based on the controversial policy of reserved posts in jobs in government and the education sector based on caste.

Jha said Khan had been chosen purely for his acting abilities and promised to show both sides of the "reservation" argument. The group's call for Khan's removal "increases discrimination", he added.

Saif Ali Khan is a Bollywood A-lister and sometimes referred to as the "chota nawab" (little prince). His father, Mansoor Ali Khan is the ninth Nawab (Muslim prince) of Pataudi and a former India cricket captain.

His grandfather, Iftikhar Ali Khan, the eighth nawab, played cricket for both India and England.

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Kabeer.

Now that I didn't know a little knowledge is dangerous in my case, I take that back Zubi , pehlay batana tha na. Best thing to do is to forget about them simple. Goli maar

Goli nahi maar sakti naa. Jail jaon gi main πŸ˜†
I am jst mad Kabeer. I got Mods involved.

@Hey khajju - sorry missed ur post. so much going on right now. 😳
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I love her hands
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Mariam_

its alright ruky even i was shocked when zoobi told me she works so hard for us and people just copy her it hurts

zoobi: yeah they were cute i loved them in the piya piya dance

I do Mariam I really work hard for this FC i have never done that for anyone before 😳 not even my job πŸ˜†
Piya Piya I luv this song. Hey I also like chori chori but the story wasn't good but i like that movie. and Sallu ☺️
ruky786 thumbnail
kareena~41.jpg
ruky786 thumbnail
Kyun Kisi Ko Vafaa Ke Badle Vafaa Nahin Milti
Kyun Kisi Ko Duaa Ke Badle Duaa Nahin Milti
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kabeer.

I love her hands

yeh haath mujhe de de bebo πŸ˜† remember the dialogue from Sholay πŸ˜†

@Ruky - as of now u r so u can't get warning that u posted without being a member. 😊
u r so cute posting bebo stuff in the mean time and gettign mad 🀣
khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ZoobiDoobi

Goli nahi maar sakti naa. Jail jaon gi main πŸ˜†

I am jst mad Kabeer. I got Mods involved.

@Hey khajju - sorry missed ur post. so much going on right now. 😳

Its ok. 😳
ruky786 thumbnail
Zoobi...I just dont want to talk about it anymore! See I am right...you will always see the same personality and look I wasn't wrong my 3rd time probably!