Shobha De's take on bolllywood's dopey biwis...

Posted: 12 years ago
Santa has come and gone. If rumours are to be believed, most of the super pampered star wives asked dear Santa for for just one thing - snow!!! Sacks of it. Why 'snow'?? Because they love to ski and can't in Mumbai? No, no , no ' this is a different kind of snow. And these ladies don't make snowmen out of it for their kids. They snort the stuff. It goes up those perfect nostrils of theirs and makes life a little more bearable for them. It's not easy being a star wife as any number of women married to narcissistic movie stars will tell you. Bollywood wives are having it particularly tough these days, which may be why their behaviour has become so strange and strained. It can get pretty savage out there, and only the toughest survive. The rest exist on snow and other recreational drugs. Scarey scenario, especially for star kids who grow up watching their mothers ( and a few fathers ) throw everything away for those few moments of ecstasy and oblivion.

But there are a few good women still left in Bollywood' and it's a pleasure to interact with their kind. Women who know how to conduct themselves with grace and a sense of decorum, women who know when to open their mouths and more importantly, when not to! Women who remember to wear panties when they step out of the house' you know ' the basics! They may speak shaky English, but they are sensible enough not to fake it ' either an accent or a relationship. You don't ever hear them taking pot shots at their contemporaries ( they don't need to), nor do they bad mouth co-stars ( ditto). They generally mind their own business and go about their lives in a no-nonsense manner, sans drama or extra rona dhona, no matter what the circumstances. The message is pretty clear - 'Don't mess with me'. And people generally get it. Does that make these ladies 'boring' in an era where you have to be either an obnoxious brat or an out there hottie in order to get noticed? Some would say 'Yes'.

In today's hyper competitive times, desperate glam girls adopt desperate measures to stay in the news. They know how the game is played these days - talk big, talk dirty, talk rude ' and you hit the headlines. Controversy is king. So one can't really blame the desperate ones for courting trouble, no matter what the cost. But even in such a cess pool, it's reassuring to come across someone who gets it right, and remains dignified, classy and calm, especially through difficult times.

Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
She is nowhere near Masad with her helicopter view of Bollywood gossip (should I make that Pluto view).

Or maybe just scared that people will give it back to her (Like a certain Minissha Lambha)
How can people like her judge others? I am pretty sure she has done it all and now she is picking on people who are doing it. Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago
I really want to know who these model star wives are that Ms De is all praises for? ðŸ˜†
A song for the First Wives Club...😆.

Let it snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow

Originally posted by -Maddy-

A song for the First Wives Club...😆.

Let it snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow

😆😆
Originally posted by Dexterphile

I really want to know who these model star wives are that Ms De is all praises for? ðŸ˜†

Maybe Kiran Rao... Just guessing... 😆
i thought Shobha would be their litlle buddy in the doping gamess.. since she has done all that herself..😆😆
Originally posted by Dexterphile

But there are a few good women still left in Bollywood' and it's a pleasure to interact with their kind. Women who know how to conduct themselves with grace and a sense of decorum, women who know when to open their mouths and more importantly, when not to! Women who remember to wear panties when they step out of the house' you know ' the basics! They may speak shaky English, but they are sensible enough not to fake it ' either an accent or a relationship. You don't ever hear them taking pot shots at their contemporaries ( they don't need to), nor do they bad mouth co-stars ( ditto).

so obviously Shobha herself would definitely not be counted amongst such women
Edited by bips - 12 years ago
Look who's speaking?😆😆😆

Ms. De passing pravachans on good behaviour is funny to say the least!

I cannot imagine who speaks shaky english in Bollywood...except Kangana! The Star wives and our actresses could give the Queen a complex with their accents!

There seems to be a reference to Vidya Balan, because she definitely doesn't take potshots at anyone and seems to be a quiet, self-contained sort of woman!

PS : Curious to know who goes out of their house without wearing panties?😆 And how does Shobha De get to know about it!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago