Katrina Kaif: 'Penelope Cruz is beautiful'

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Katrina Kaif: 'Penelope Cruz is beautiful'

Bollywood star Katrina Kaif has said that Penelope Cruz is her beauty role model.

The Hong Kong-born star told People magazine that she admires the simplicity of Cruz's look.

"I've always loved her style," said Kaif. "She doesn't look overdone or over-processed. She looks so natural."

The actor, who received widespread acclaim for her performance in last year's hit Bollywood song 'Sheila Ki Jawani', announced that she was not comfortable with her physique when filming the track.

The star said that she was particularly unhappy with her stomach, adding: "Especially when I have to bare it for songs like 'Sheila Ki Jawani'. But I'm not doing that kind of song anymore."

Kaif has recently been voted 'India's most beautiful actress' by the magazine.

The former-model revealed last year that she lost a contract as she was considered to be too overweight.

I've always loved Penelope's style: Kat

Katrina Kaif's bare mid-riff in the hit item song Sheila ki jawani' for Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan may have made Bollywood stand up and take notice, but all that doesn't matter to her anymore. When asked to reveal the part of her own body that drives her crazy, Katrina says, "My st

omach, especially when I have to bare it for songs like Sheila ki jawani. But I'm not doing that kind of song anymore."

Katrina, who recently signed on a Yashraj spy-thriller with ex-boyfriend Salman Khan, has just been dubbed 'India's Most Beautiful' in the latest issue of People magazine, which places her among the likes of Julia Roberts, Michelle Pfeiffer and Jennifer Lopez (from the magazine's international editions). But the celebrity who makes for Katrina's personal "beauty role model", she tells the magazine, is actor Penelope Cruz: "I've always loved her style. She doesn't look overdone or over-processed (in terms of face-lifts or surgeries). She looks so natural."

KatrinaThough, judging by the mirror, she confesses to being a fan of her own hair, "As a child, I had really long hair. I got it from my dad. And when I'm working out, I like my shoulders." Which is why, she calls the decision to fashion a fringe for her film Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani, the biggest beauty risk she's ever taken in her career. "That was a drastic change, but I love that look," she says.

Every time her sister, Isabelle, who is also an aspiring Bollywood actor, asks her for beauty tips, Katrina makes sure to tell her not to cut her tresses too: "She (Isabelle) has lovely straight thick hair, which she likes chopping off. I have also asked her to gain weight because she is too skinny," laughs the older sister, who herself wants to make sure she ages "healthy and fit." The feeling 'Oh, I let myself go' should never happen at any time of one's life. I always want be in control of my body."

Kat's quick take

What do men compliment you on?
I don't know if I have a 'don't come near me' look on my face, but people don't approach or compliment me.

Favourite part of your body?
My hair.

Part of your body that drives you crazy?
My stomach.

When do you feel most beautiful?
When I'm truly in my own skin.

Edited by KatForeva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Omg she lost a contract because she was overweight? I have always thought that she has been fine weight wise. Never too fat or too skinny. Even now. I wonder what that was lol
As for no more SKJ's! Yay well that puts a rest to the Aamir item song!
And yes a lot of my american friends think that Kat resembles Penelope as well. She's pretty as well! Love her eyes!
And Kat's best feature is DEFINITELY her hair hands down! I want to grow mine that long and even longer!!!
🤣  Whatever she says just makes me laugh, I can't help it!  Sorry!
Prabhkallu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loves Katrina's answers. She is awesome as always.
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
katrina is better looking than penelope cruz lol