Chaand Chupa Badal Mein

Today's episode - Sensitively done

minu2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Wanted to share a few thoughts on today's episode, which I thought was very well done.  It was tricky material  but they did a very good job of it --  It was sensitively handled,  tightly directed, well written, maturely portrayed and superbly acted by Neha, Kinshuk and Abhishek.  

I liked that there was continuity -- they started where they ended and showed how hurt Viren was
by Nivi's uncharacteristic outburst. DS also noticed, VD and Sid also. I really loved that DS took a moment to appreciate Viren's efforts and lovingly tried to explain to him not to take what Nivi said to heart.  But of course it did not make things better for Viren, because he knew Nivi was not herself'For the first time today I felt that the public outburst was probably a good thing.  It was so unlike Nivi to do it.  She never would have done this under normal circumstances but these  circumstances are not normal and now it has come to this.  Others witnessed it and were taken aback and concerned. 

Loved that Sid responded to what he witnessed by doing such a fantastic job of showing Nivi
that she is getting blinded in her possessiveness for Dwita and risking and ruining her own relationships in the process.  By showing her that others also have rights over Dwita,  and Nivi is not the only one who can do a good job of caring for her, he is hoping to jolt her out of her clouded vision.  This was very very important.  Nivi has to realize what her real place in Dwita life is. Dwita is not just hers. She is first her fathers, and then everyone else's. It is painful for her to see that she comes second in the rishton ki chain, and uske bina bhi Dwita bahut khush reh sakti hai.  Hopefully this will make her realize later the importance of having her own children. But for how it is so hard to take - and Neha did a superb job of showing that hard-to-convey-emotion -- one that Nivi herself still does''t understand and the awful, growing sense of discomfort and helplessness...wow so well done.

Viren/KM was fantastic throughout.  They showed so well the gamut of emotions he is going through.How much he is trying to understand and appreciate what Nivi is trying to handle and what she is feeling. How much he is participating. How he is resisting CCs instigations, how he gets hurt in the process, but also melts seeing Nivi's remorse, and then their love wins out...but then again things get out of hand as Nivi's guilt rears its head again and again and today  that guilt shows up at the deepest level that there is between a husband and wife -- the decision to have their own children. That scene was so tricky, but I thought it was really sensitively handled. They did not show it slam bang, or with too much drama or high emotion.
The understated nature of its handling made the enormity of the situation and the intensity of the hurt that much starker. It really really foregrounded the pain and anguish from both sides - Viren's and Nivi's and that is quite a feat!! The precap (understandably) missed this two sided nature of the storm in their life,and I really appreciate the CT's for doing justice to this. We saw what nivi went through and why she did what she did 'we know she is not right, but she is in the grip of such deep guilt that she can even jettison and reject the basic right and biggest joy of married life ' of giving birth to new life. Viren was fantastic the way he tried to reason with her from every angle. The lines were great and KM's acting - superlative.  When Nivi first walks into the room we see his hurt, and aloofness, then we see how Nivi's apology and tears melt him, and the concern for her and soft love shows through, then the joy of contemplating their baby together, and the incredulousness at her rejection,  then listening to her reasons, understanding some, trying to reason with her and then the despair at the end  - it was so well done.

And Neha, wow she was just so amazing. How well she portrayed the tragedy of a person gripped by  (false) fear and guilt and obsession -- she was like a person, who zombie like sees her world catching fire all around her, but is in such a daze that she cannot summon the will to do anything to save it.  Or even realize that anything can be done to save it.  Or even that it is catching fire...Yeh aag jo uske obsession ne khud lagayi hai.  It is bordering on self-annihilation that is going on here, and it is threatening  to take her world down with it,  and they showed it so well. Like someone living in a nightmare, jisko dikhte huye bhi kucch nahin dikhta. And the utter powerlessness of a life trapped in the darkness of self-imposed guilt abetted by (HL's) false accusations that relentlessly play on in her mind.  Beautifully portrayed!!!  Hats off to Neha and Kinshuk and the writers and director.  Nothing was superfluous in today's epi. It was such a taut and maturely handled episode. Really appreciated it very much.  Hope they can maintain this standard, but with these CT's one never knows.

Edited by minu2011 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-aamina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Minu I agree with you. I must admit I hate this track and hate watching NivRen drift apart. but at the same time it is the sad truth that the Nivi is behaving like someone who is traumatised and can't see beyond her sister and is full of guilt. Viren has supported her in every way and is always expressing his love for her but he also is human and Nivi is failing to reciprocate and pushing him away, this is making viren Feel inadequate and on top his mother trying to instigate him, is all proving to much for him.
Kinshuk and Neha are truly brilliant actors and express their emotions so well.Edited by aamina1010 - 12 years ago
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Dear Minu,
 How are you. I liked your analysis. I actually do appreciate the CTs. The main reason being they come up with such amazing ideas rather then giving us a chocolate coated vision of real life. It also showed that Viren was upset. Remember Viren always tells Nivi that he can not deny her anything. So single handedly Nivi decides that she does not want a child without even thinking that Viren's input also mattered here. And you could kind of read, in Viren's expression ... Is this also something you demand from me because I cannot deny you anything? It was so overwhelming. He did not need to say anything. And when she says I never felt the need of a child... This was so stint I did a double take-- meaning as a female you always usually want a child, and you never think you need or not. However as you grow up you get more nervous, other things interfere to a point that sometimes you do not even want. But when you do get pregnant sometimes it does stay. However the first day you see your own child every problem seems to vanish.
Today I loved the last part in the breakfast table. Viren did not tell anyone there is a problem, but the way he was looking at Nivedita, as if saying look what you are denying me was very heart rendering. I think the CTs want to give the message that it is not only bad females who do not want kids
Rani2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: minu2011

Wanted to share a few thoughts on today's episode, which I thought was very well done.  It was tricky material  but they did a very good job of it --  It was sensitively handled,  tightly directed, well written, maturely portrayed and superbly acted by Neha, Kinshuk and Abhishek.  

Hope they can maintain this standard, but with these CT's one never knows.

Wow Minu!! brilliant post👏. Loved everything u've said. could not have said it better.
@bold, u put it perfectly.
I too liked today's episode. CTs handled it very nicely. I so wish they can maintain this flow... Lets hope..

Edited by Rani2011 - 12 years ago
warg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi minu...i'm reshma!!
Luvt ur analysis dear...ders nothin left to comment...n since ma lyk button doesn't work...dis s only way to convey ma regards!!
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think I like what Siddharth did today too. We have seen that he always tries to show Viren how to handle Nivedita. Like when she left and when they had a problem because of Viren's Jealousy. In last Monday's episode too Siddharth saw the problem and could see that Viren was not taking his help because Sid himself was in pain. Today he understood that he has to again help them although Viren is not asking him. It was very gentlemanly handled. 
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Minu wonderful post and nicely said. I love each and every word and the things u explained are really nice. I agree with you about acting of KM and Neha it was awesome and they displayed their emotions so wonderfully. I loved how Nivi broke down in front of Viren about her inner feelings and Viren listened to her understandingly.

I know both are hurt and understand each other pains and try to make other understand but circumstances are not in their control. I love how they potrayed these things. Somethings are there which I do agree with Anju here about Nivi and these are my views. Though I can understand Nivi's trauma but still she always have something or other to put before Viren this is what bothers me always. But seeing there conversation and understanding today. I am sure both will overcome their obstacle as they are real soulmates and will be together till the end.  They may have some rough patch in their way like they are currently going through but in the end they will be together So I am not worried about rumors regarding their separation and Sid Nivi reunioun.
minu2011 thumbnail
Thank you my dears for your kind words.  Appreciate it very much.

Aamina, I agree with you -- these are very recognizable, human situations where difficult choices have to be made.  And they seem so wrenching.  That is why I hope the CTs will continue to handle them sensitively portraying the shades in this track (which I too don't like and wish we didn't have to see!) and not just black and white with easy winners and losers. Life isn't like that...

Anjali -- thank you so much sweetie!

Reshma -- thanks a lot for appreciating...:)

Samin -- Thank you, and you are right. These decisions cannot be handled singlehandely and so the situation is wrenching, for both of them, I feel.  She may not yet realize it, but it must be there... 
I agree that Siddharth's role is going to be important now.  He realizes very much what is going on -- remember how Nivi's outburst plays on his mind, and he has seen Viren's hurt and pain repeatedly...lets see how the CT's handle this.  I hope they do it without the drama of mahanta, and stick to more understandable and believable human emotions... flaws and all.  But we'll see!
minu2011 thumbnail
Rachu - you're right.  NivRen's love will surely be vindicated and Sid Nivi just cannot happen.  But looks like there will be dark days in between...

I hope they use this time to gradually resolve all the incomplete tracks of reveling the dark deeds of CC and others. but who knows when that will happen.
NiViren-Raj thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Minu... very nice analysis
I loved the good conversation between NivRen. Nivi finally spoke out her feelings and Viren understood as he knows exactly what Nivi is going through and patiently tried to explain Nivi and make Nivi understand the facts and reality. We understand Nivi's decision and fear and the reasons behind it. I was glad that Viren knows and understands and was right in his explanation and justifications and it was also natural for Viren to be hurt by Nivi's one sided decision.

Today's conversation showed how much NivRen know each other ...Viren knows Nivi well now...and Nivi feeling Viren pain knows that her decision has hurt him