Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

One reason why I have liked Navya, thus far, is because the lead pair is extremely ordinary - both in their looks and in their behavior. Thus far, we are not subjected to surreal and incredible situations. Everything from Navya's domestic situation to the progressive hug in yesterday's episode somehow, seemed relatable. Ditto, LadyM...that is probably the reason why I'm still watching the show too...there's a sense of realism to the way they've depicted many situations/characters...only dhabba on this entire situation is the Adams family but the rest is quite natural which is why I'm still intrigued enough to watch. 

Since you've so eloquently captured the others, I am going to talk about just the two incidents that stood out in my mind:

Navya's home: I can understand the crusty Dadi's concern for her grand-daughters and her feeling hurt at being warned by her own son in front of her daughter-in-law. I can relate to Navya's dad standing up for his daughters and also her mother trying to smooth out the wrinkles by gently suggesting that parents shouldn't interfere too much into their children's lives. As parents they have to walk the fine line between being friends and being parents. Navya's mom seems to play the role of a friend who can understand what her children are going through, whereas her dad, effectively dons the role of a parent who instills a certain degree of fear mixed with respect. Nice. Very nicely put, LadyM...totally agree

The Hug: I liked it how the hug progressed from affection to being swept up in the moment. Anant didn't make any sudden moves. Which I must attribute to his knowing Navya extremely well. Had he imposed himself of her, she would've backed out. The "chori" line was ermmm ... but the execution, the expressions and the chemistry were much better, this time around. Albeit, by no means a chaste scene, I didn't really mind it too much. Anant and Navya are young and experiencing the first brush of attraction. So be it ... Exactly...love how you described this...indeed in this scene Anant did show that he knows Navya very well...yes she was a bit scared of her own emotions overwhelming her and wanted to bolt from time to time...but he still didn't exactly impose himself on her...it all grew gradually, softly, tenderly...their chemistry was deffo better this time

I have not seen the promo yet so cannot comment. Historically speaking, promos and the actual execution can be misleading. But I cannot stop the niggling doubt in my mind of Anant taking advantage of Navya's naivety and leaving her with a heart break. But then, maybe Anant is realizing the consequences of taking this relationship too far, knowing HIS domestic situation. I guess he'll have a soul searching moment later on when he realizes that he's in love with Navya and that is what his heart truly desires. Until the point he gathers that courage, it is better to put their relationship on hold. Navya might be heartbroken for a while, but hopefully will reconcile with her conservative upbringing and domestic situation as well.  Yes, the promos have been misleading many times...even this one was shot differently from the actual scene...yeah the basic gist was the same but they showed the promo much earlier than the way it actually happened in the show so by the time we got to see the scene, it all felt more credible...in the promo, she wore the blue suit, in the actual scene it was the peach and red one...promo mein he kisses the backs of her fingers, actual scene mein front😆...yes random details that weren't really that different I know😆...

Anyways, coming back to the point...I don't think Anant will deliberately try to take advantage of her naivete...but he will try to to avoid her cuz he himself is NOW realizing the ramifications of their relationship...so he'll try to stay away and yes that would hurt Navya...especially if he doesn't give her an explanation...but see this why they set it up like this too...that he never told her directly about his own feelings...neither of them have used the word "love"...it's all vague enough in a sense still...but this testing time will bring concrete answers for both of them...especially Anant...cuz he will have to gather the courage eventually to take a stand...but for now, they both still have to try to navigate their complicated situations...like you said, if neither of them is sure...the relationship has to be put on hold for a while until they sort things out when it comes to their own feelings and the strength of them...only that will give them...especially him the conviction and courage to stand up for both of them...so yeah he will have a big "eureka" moment of realization soon enough😆

Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: nureat01

You've nailed it😆...drama kahaan se aayega phir?😆

Jokes apart...I do think he has to tell her SOMETHING...if he just suddenly starts giving her an abrupt cold shoulder without any explanation, that would be too much...I guess he'll try to avoid her for a bit but Navya will persist to get answers from him...unless she also backs off from her end cuz of her family and the Renu drama...so let's see.

*Edit: Yeah he should have thought before things reaching the point they did...but then I guess that is what sets this up for higher drama...that he did get carried away and now he's realizing...it wasn't deliberate on his part...he has to deal with this dilemma now though...

Notice how the LOVE word is still nowhere in the picture😆...I find that to be intriguing...

@bold, very true. And perhaps this is what makes the show so much more realistic. Unfortunately, when Anant does have his eureka moment (as you so aptly described in your reply to Lady Macbeth), most of the rememberances will be physical. That is the only problem I have with his getting carried away like this.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: slmu

@bold, very true. And perhaps this is what makes the show so much more realistic. Unfortunately, when Anant does have his eureka moment (as you so aptly described in your reply to Lady Macbeth), most of the rememberances will be physical. That is the only problem I have with his getting carried away like this.

No yaar...why do you think the remembrances will only be physical?  Yes this romantic interlude they just had will obviously weigh on his mind but his affection for her shows otherwise also...haan but it depends on how the editing team adds in the flashbacks too😆...no guarantees on that...but as a character overall I do believe that Anant will have to see the overall picture when he gets his moment of realization...and who knows by then what other kind of AN scenes may have aired too...we have to wait and see...he will try to avoid her for a bit but they are still in the same college...they will be forced to interact somehow for sure...so let's see😆
Peace67 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

The awkwardness of the interaction will be interesting... wonder is soumya will be able to emote this awkwardness differently from what she is doing so far..😆

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: slmu

LOLL so that will be Soumya's test then...to see if she can improve her awkward/worried wala typical expression by then😆

I am intrigued for sure to see how this happens...what Navya's reaction will be and if/how she will confront him...

I do hope though that the family melodrama doesn't get too heavy with like full on marriage talk ALL the time...and how will Anant deal with that creepster Sa-gun hovering around him more than ever?? This is almost amusing😆

Peace67 thumbnail
With CSB and bua dadi, things are guaranteed to get heavy handed. Hope we are not treated to any more of Shagun's daydreams.