May 23rd: Things I liked

Posted: 12 years ago
OMG they played BEKABOO in the actual epi!😆...Just had to get that out in the beginning only...now on to the rest😆

1) The scene b/w Navya's parents and the daadi: Again such a naturally handled scene...special bits I really liked...the way Navya's dad halts Daadi's tirade with that "maa" said in a warning tone...love how he stood up for his daughters there...not a useless cosmetic spineless husband like in most shows. ...And also I loved how the way this scene played out...I could understand everyone's perspectives...Daadi's, the parents...their discussion over how to approach the situation...Navya's mom talking about how children may feel that parents are interfering too much in their lives...all very valid and relateable points👏

2) The Bekaboo sequence...for obvious reasons😆...yes I love this song😳...and well the picturization could have been a bit more crisp especially the way it all began with Navya randomly moving her eyes around😕😆 but it picked up after that...the crescendo built up with the alternating shots cutting over to Anant waiting impatiently and subconsciously writing out her name in the mud with that stick😆...I liked that it wasn't some cheesy deliberate thing and he himself laughed when he saw he'd written her name out...and the big grin on Navya's face as she finally managed to escape Appy and run all the way...quite adorable😆...aww-worthy moments. Have to say though that I hate Anant's clothes for this scene *sigh* Oh well😆

3) Anant watching Navya with this big HAPPY grin that she just showed up😆...again very sweet, soft tone to the scene...although the background music changed to my not so favorite *sigh*...but then as Anant kept watching her with a smile as she babbled away about how she couldn't manage to come before...quite cute...he was looking her at her with this sweet si affection which was nice to watch.

4) Hmmm the rest was a mixed bag...the scene was moving in quite slow motion and Anant's random chor waala dialogue had me ermm-ing😕😆...interesting touch though with him asking her to repeat anything if she meant it yah phir chup hi raho😆...what I did find cute in such an innocent sa sweet sa manner was the way he was hugging her progressively...pehle just a looser hug resting his hands over her hands, then moving up and hugging her close as if you hug your fav. teddy bear😆...quite an aww si picture they made there...even the way he kissed her hand softly was very sweet...Soumya-Shaheer deffo had better chemistry in this scene than their last hug...I guess the tone of this scene was different too which helps...Even now that innocent sa touch to their relationship remains somehow even if the scene is more intense, more 'passionate' in a sense...I'm intrigued as to how they are managing it😆...I guess Shaheer deserves credit here for walking that fine line for Anant.  There's still something very endearing about watching them together...it's an oddly unique sort of chemistry that I find intriguing😆

I'm yet to watch the new promo so will say more on what Anant's thought process appears to be after that I guess.
yeah it was cute episode and lovin the chemistry.  but i dont understand how anany managed to let himself get so carried away (the v.deliberate statements about navyas 'chori' the progressive but the subtly passionate hug) only to have complete backdown later as per the promo.
I don't get the chori line either😆...that was kinda W*F-ish to me🤔

But the progression of the hug felt understandable to me...he was still doing it all in an oddly innocent manner😆
Originally posted by nureat01

OMG they played BEKABOO in the actual epi!😆...Just had to get that out in the beginning only...now on to the rest😆 another hi5 moment here coz i was thinking the exact same! loved listening to the bekaboo tune in an actual episode rather than just the title song & promos 😊

1) The scene b/w Navya's parents and the daadi: Again such a naturally handled scene...special bits I really liked...the way Navya's dad halts Daadi's tirade with that "maa" said in a warning tone...love how he stood up for his daughters there...not a useless cosmetic spineless husband like in most shows. ...And also I loved how the way this scene played out...I could understand everyone's perspectives...Daadi's, the parents...their discussion over how to approach the situation...Navya's mom talking about how children may feel that parents are interfering too much in their lives...all very valid and relateable points👏 yup i agree with you, i found it funny when navya's dad goes 'ya maa yuhi masale laga ke baat ko chat-pata bana rahi hain' 😆 lol

2) The Bekaboo sequence...for obvious reasons😆...yes I love this song😳...and well the picturization could have been a bit more crisp especially the way it all began with Navya randomly moving her eyes around😕😆 but it picked up after that...the crescendo built up with the alternating shots cutting over to Anant waiting impatiently and subconsciously writing out her name in the mud with that stick😆...I liked that it wasn't some cheesy deliberate thing and he himself laughed when he saw he'd written her name out  ditto on that 😆 yay we had a little bit of obvious but subconscious lover boy behaviour from his side  ..and the big grin on Navya's face as she finally managed to escape Appy  (another white lie 😆and run all the way...quite adorable😆...aww-worthy moments. Have to say though that I hate Anant's clothes for this scene *sigh* Oh well😆  loool 😆

3) Anant watching Navya with this big HAPPY grin that she just showed up😆. yup 😃..again very sweet, soft tone to the scene...although the background music changed to my not so favorite *sigh*...but then as Anant kept watching her with a smile as she babbled away about how she couldn't manage to come before...quite cute...he was looking her at her with this sweet si affection which was nice to watch.  nice to see her doing a lot of talking for once 😊

4) Hmmm the rest was a mixed bag...the scene was moving in quite slow motion and Anant's random chor waala dialogue had me ermm-ing😕😆  so true about that random dialogue 😆...interesting touch though with him asking her to repeat anything if she meant it yah phir chup hi raho😆  i did think at first to myself - let go of the kissing question already yaar, can't you see how much the poor girl is blushing and feeling embarrassed already?? 😆 but liked how he asked her to remain silent if she did 😉...what I did find cute in such an innocent sa sweet sa manner was the way he was hugging her progressively...pehle just a looser hug resting his hands over her hands, then moving up and hugging her close as if you hug your fav. teddy bear😆...quite an aww si picture they made there...even the way he kissed her hand softly was very sweet...Soumya-Shaheer deffo had better chemistry in this scene than their last hug...I guess the tone of this scene was different too which helps...Even now that innocent sa touch to their relationship remains somehow even if the scene is more intense, more 'passionate' in a sense...I'm intrigued as to how they are managing it😆...I guess Shaheer deserves credit here for walking that fine line for Anant.  There's still something very endearing about watching them together...it's an oddly unique sort of chemistry that I find intriguing😆

i've got mixed feelings about the hug scene tho for some reason, i liked the way he rested his hands on hers and then gently rested his head softly against her hair, looked cute, and then like you said gave her that teddy bear kinda hug & i liked how his eyes were closed during it all as if he was taking in and capturing the moment 😊 their chemistry and all was fabulous 👏 yup its nice how the innocence of their relationship still remains intact even in a more intense moment 😊
but i can't help but question the fact that - is that all their relationship comes down to? physical attraction and hugs and kisses? i guess the hugs are ok to some extent but i'm still not convinced that all the kissing is justified just yet - i mean they yet have to express their feelings to each other in more detail - surely the brief few words spoken on the bridge aren't enough 😕 and even then that was more of Navya telling him how she feels but there doesn't seem to be any 'confession' as such from his side as of yet 😕 they need to TALK!!! loool 

& from the promo it looks like Anant has finally begun to reflect on everything & realise the consequences of him and navya being together and i just loved the dialogue - "aur tumse door jaane ka matlab hoga...khudse door jaana" aww 😳  although i'm curious to know exactly what caused him to suddenly remember his family and values etc

ahh i've just written an essay 😕 lool

Ruxana, I think I was sold on this scene the moment he rested his head against hers...just a brief touch but something I found very touching for some reason...and the way the hug progressed after that also wasn't some breathless overtly passionate thing...it's like you said...they were both just taking in the moment...him more than her obviously cuz she was still trying to break free and come back to her senses from time to time...lol...there was intensity more than their previous scenes yes, but again there is an odd sort of innocence to their affection towards each other still. If I ignore the random lame cheesy chor waala dialogue, the rest of Anant's actions were generally understandable and still in character.

Now as for the kiss tomorrow...obviously they will get interrupted...but if today's scene was anything to go by, I think the execution of however close they get tomorrow will also be natural...Anant isn't exactly in smug loverboy mode either...there's an oddly solemn tone to his affection towards her as well...if that makes any sense...again I'll come back to that word tender that we've used on them before...it's a tender, sweet, innocent sort of affection still...

When I first heard about the new promo, I thought Anant was on the path to being a jerk too but I think the way this scene progressed today has helped me understand the situation a bit better...didn't really seem like they will talk for now...they are swept up in the moment.

But the time for talking will come soon I guess...lol...Like I mentioned in laddoo's post...it's kashmakash time for Anant and we will get sober/mature Anant back it seems...yay for that ;-) lol
Loved reading your post as usual, Anu 😊

Today's episode was just too good. I think the hug made me forget about everything else. I'm not even going to complain (and if i had anything to complain about, I've promptly forgotten about it intentionally). Best parts: Bekaboo at the right moment, great build-up with the song and their hug shown from afar. The way Navya was in Anant's arms, both of them content, when she wasn't trying to resist him and he wasn't trying to do anything more. It was as if time had frozen. Bas.. was simply pure and beautiful.
Edited by aimin - 12 years ago
😆nice post...well said...👏

Nice post as usual Anu.

Loved that they played Bekaboo and like you loved the parents - dadi scene. This family is so real.

About the rest, hmmm, hormones seem to be taking over. The physical taking over the mind. Would like to see some more talking. I agree that the innocence was maintained.

I think they will come to their senses before the actual kiss today. Hope Navya makes it back in time to talk to her dad.

Didn't realise there was a new promo till I logged on just now. Have yet to check it out.
woilaaa wooo!!!...Wat an "INTECUTOCENATE" epi that was😳...
nope Anu...dont ask me for the meaning of that word...coz i dont know😆...but basially it meant that the epi was all the following:
intense...cute...innocent and passionate😳...

I m loving the way CVs are raising curtains of the story as they progressively built up to the high point of drama or shall I say..."realization of true love"...its just building up to the curiosity to find wats next up the sleeve of Anant n Navya...

Going over ur points..
1. I too loved the daadi-mom-dad trio scene...like u said...very natural...very relatable and very suttle...Daddy dear really did impress me with his high toned silence command of "MAA" as he very clearly without the use of extra words informed daadi of her going over board!! 5 stars for that scene...👏

2. Bekabooo...how we all fell in the love with this song the moment we heard it...such a charisma it carries...its bound to pull u in and even make the slightly sloppy scenes rhythmic...the flow of the scene used in this song was nice I thot...ofcourse eliminating the need of the dialogue writer here and still get the point across the viewers😉😆...

3. Ok this scene again...I felt that soft pull of comfort for Navya as she so cutely...so innocently ...n so naively went on to tell Anant about her "mission impossible" journey at night😆...awww🤗 and wat pinched me further was her "kabse mein hi bole jaa rahi hoon...tumhe kuch nahin kehna"...Oh Navya...d dialogue did the final dig in the grave ka kaam for me😒...its like she come out so clean ...so honest to this guy that she has no idea the hurt thats awaiting her that Anant "unintentionally" will end up giving her...
btw...I too noticed that PJ type clothing of Anant😆...I so wanted him to look a lill bit more decent...wud have added value to the romantic scene...but ahhh😆!!!

4. Totally agree with u on the "innocent touch" to the relationship part...Emotions were on high for both of them...and the excitement of experiencing this for the first time was blurring out the reality of their individual worlds...U feel both good ...but scared n sorry for them as well...Navya tho still manages to somehow pull herself out of this emotional whirlwind at times like wen she was broke off from the shoulder hug...but Anant's persistence and his close proximity is not letting Navya keep a control on her feelings as well...She is being pulled down by Anant...and thats not coz Anant is trying to mislead her...but its actually coz he too is not able to think straight in that proximity and rage of emotions!!!

I have read a few posts earlier today and its quite sad to see Anant already being termed out a playboy esp after the new promo...
To me...I truly feel...wats about to happen...is still very much in Anant's character...despite him maybe for a phase choosing his family n values over Navya...and my views on that are:

Both Anant n Navya ...like I always mentioned...young and being overwhelmed with these new feelings and wat they are now doing is simply riding high on those emotions that seems to be outpouring...Uncontrollable as they say...quite reasonable I say considering the "jawan khoon"...
But wat they have yet not known is that in the midst of all this...they are actually falling hard n fast into deep rooted love for each other...esp Anant...and thus when reality will hit them...they are very likely to bounce off...Picture it like u trying to enter a spinning wheel...ur first step and u back off coz u get afraid of being hit but then u realize n see that 1 spot of entry that will make u enter the spinning wheel yet again...but this time with more awareness n thus it becomes more smoothly...
Similarly...Anant is going to boucne off...agreed that will give a general look of playboy types to Anant...but actually if u look closely...he is not doing anything intentionally...He is good hearted guy who simply became a victim of his heart n was put on spot where he will unknowingly support wat he has THOT of being the right so far (his family n his values)...He is just not aware of the actual wrong he will do...of the pain...the jeopardy that he will put himself n Navya thru and more so...the depth of those feelings he has for Navya...once he realizes this...m sure the boy will shine thru...

Right now...m so excited to see the upcoming track...Anant n Navya are on the verge of taking a deep fall b4 they rise...and how!!!!!!!😳

Rab Raakha...
shilpa
🤗

Edited by sajni786 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by aimin

Loved reading your post as usual, Anu 😊

Today's episode was just too good. I think the hug made me forget about everything else. I'm not even going to complain (and if i had anything to complain about, I've promptly forgotten about it intentionally). Best parts: Bekaboo at the right moment, great build-up with the song and their hug shown from afar. The way Navya was in Anant's arms, both of them content, when she wasn't trying to resist him and he wasn't trying to do anything more. It was as if time had frozen. Bas.. was simply pure and beautiful.

@bold: LOLL😆😆...I can understand...I do have some cause for complain in this epi waise too...like the fact that they played that weird jazz/trumpet music to convey "passion" or whatever in the entire last scene when he's stopping her from leaving/hugging her/the kiss...like seriously I hate that music...I'll never understand why they use that music in desi shows/movies to show "passion" or whatever...to me, it ruins the mood of a scene...puts me off.  Why couldn't they have used that piece of music from the scene when Navya kisses him at night?? I really like that music.

Otherwise yes, I too generally ignored a lot of the things I wanted to complain about cuz overall I think they did a good job...the last scene came out pretty well...that moment of contentment especially when he hugs her and rests his head against hers was very simple and beautiful like you said😊...there's a purity to the affection that's endearing in a way.