Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhanu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Yes i have one comment, i am really disappointed with you, it is not fair to stop at that point, common  we have to wait until next time to know what  surprise jai is going to give bani,

I hope it is good and not a bad news...

But the way you stopped i have a feeling next update is going to be bad news for bani

But anyways great update and always on my toes for the new update, pls dont make us wait for long...
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
good going Archi...please let's not find another reason for drama in Jai's office...😲
anyway I love the track its on...

let's see where it takes us yeah?πŸ‘πŸΌ
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
@sowmya18: Thanks hun! Will be updating in a bit! 

@Naina2127: Thanks! I had too much writing the Annie part. I legit felt sorry for her after. πŸ˜† And yes, Im telugu too! what a coincidence! πŸ˜‰

@Anjinie: Thanks hun! Hopefully you like Jai's 'surprise'!

@soodr: Thanks Ria! Im glad you are still reading and liking the story. And sorry about the cliffhanger, but i couldn't resist the urge to stop there! πŸ˜†

@lovelyyrose: Umm... you will find out what Jai's surprise is soon enough! πŸ˜‰

@Alicia2001: Thanks hun!

@zarlish18: aww! Thanks soo much! 😳 I just read wayy too many books! πŸ˜‰ More JB? Coming right up! πŸ˜†

@orchidpurple: absolutely! Aag dono taraf lagi hai! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Will definitely update soon! Thanks for commenting!

@jeevikagurl88: Thanks for the comment! They will get back together soon. No worries! πŸ˜ƒ

@neethurose: Thanks soo much!

@archita_59: Thanks!

@starrystar: Yes, i have a blast writing Neil's and Annie's reactions. I planned in at the very beginning of the story, and had to wait soo long to finally be able to write it! πŸ˜† Thanks for commenting hun! Im hoping you will like Jai's 'surprise'.

@bhanu: sorry hun, but i just had to leave it a cliffhanger! πŸ˜† and bad news for Bani... πŸ€” well, i won't keep you waiting for long! πŸ˜ƒ

@Ezther: how can this story move forward without drama? πŸ˜²πŸ˜† And on top of that i watch too many soaps for my own good, but alas, i will try my best to make Jai's 'surprise' worthwhile! πŸ˜‰ 
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
I didn't want to leave you guys in the dark for too long, so here is the next part! πŸ˜‰

Chupanke Ki Saaza
-PART 23-
The Man Hopelessly in Love

Jai Walia was in a bad mood.

He was summoned by his angry father late last night to be rebuked for carelessness. It was in his yearning for his wife yesterday, that he signed a contract without reading the clauses. Now their partnership was at stake, potential loss of shares and also their reputation which they built and maintained for the past twenty years. The reason – his one small signature which he didn't even remember making.

Jai let out a frustrated sigh as he continued working on his laptop, his eyes aching after hours of staring at the screen. He spent the entire night working on the mess he made, and just when he was going to catch a few winks of sleep in the early hours of dawn, he was called to a meeting about new and more demanding deals he was suddenly made in charge of. It seemed as if his father was forgetting he was still human and not a machine. He definitely needed more than electricity to function.

But he didn't complain, because one he deserved it – there is no excuse for slacking off at work and two because he knew his father only thought the best of him. Of course, on certain occasions this led to more harm than help (look what happened with Pia!) but he adored his father too much to object. The same father was now so disappointed with him, that he was giving him the silent treatment.

To add to his already too-full of a plate, he didn't have a morsel of food since last night and his head was once again caught in a splitting ache. So all in all, he was not to be blamed for being ill-tempered when his wife, about who he completely forgot about after their unexpected kiss the previous night, barged into his office without knocking.

"Hi," she greeted in a chirpy voice.

Jai looked up, his tired brain not registering her expectant looks. He just nodded and went back to the file at hand.

Bani was taken back at the lack of response she received. "Won't you reply?" she asked.

He didn't answer, stopping the urge to yell in frustration with great difficulty.

Bani's heart fell at seeing his grumpy face, and more so as she looked around the room hopefully. But what was she expecting? A big bouqet of roses hidden in a corner or a bunch of red balloons with "Happy Valentines!" written on them?  None of them suited Jai, who in the past years was always elegant and grand about his surprises

"Do you know what day it is today?" she asked, willing herself to believe that maybe his surprise was not in the room.

"Check the calendar," he replied curtly, confirming that he really had nothing planned for the day, and he was truly ignoring her from last night.

Bani felt rejected as she was inwardly reminded of that last time she came to his office, where Jai openly flirted with Annie. Irritation spread as she snapped, "I know what day it is. But im asking you!"

"I don't have time to sit here and memorize what day it is."

A wave of cold fury hit, as her hopes came crashing down. She was like a wounded animal, angered by its wrongdoer and yet, being able to do nothing but yell, pretending to be the stronger one. "Of course you don't," she replied, her voice dipped in heavy sarcasm. "If you did, you wouldn't be the great Jai Walia."

Jai ignored her. He had more pressing matters to deal with than his wife, who seemed to be welcoming the onset of a tantrum. But his silence only infuriated her more.

So, he doesn't want to even listen to me!, she thought. If this was two days ago, she would have probably ignored him, returned the 'silent treatment', but after last night, after letting her heart fly for too long, there was no turning back. Right now, she felt like a puppet whose strings were pulled by Jai Walia, and even though she didn't hate him (no matter how much she wanted to), there was no way she could tolerate him affecting her like this.

"What the hell is your problem?" she asked. "Would it hurt you to atleast pretend that you don't mind me being in the same room as you?"

Jai didn't look up, being least interested in her questions.

But Bani answered herself. "I guess it would. I guess you are being tortured by just seeing my face."

"What do you want?" he asked, exasperated. "Skip the drama."

She felt as if she was rudely woken up from a nice dream. And ironically, the more she thought about it, the more their kiss seemed a pigment of her imagination. "You," she said, her voice icy. "I want you to give a damn about me. Can you give me that?"

Jai looked up at that, finally noting the anger visible in her eyes.

"Kya hua?" she asked. And then she hit her head and said in mock sarcasm, "Sorry! How can you ever give me that? Main toh bhool hi gayi, ki yeh shaadi aab toot chuki hai. Warna, yeh thodi ho saktha hai, ki the great Jai Walia, who is always so right,  doesn't care for his wife. Hain na?

Jai's eyes flashed.

"Of course," she continued. "Because he is always correct, it is okay for him to flirt with his secretary. Its okay for him to ignore his wife, sorry – ex-wife, and its completely alright for him to kiss her and expect her to not build up any hopes again. Right?"

Jai didn't reply and stared at Bani, a million thoughts running hazily through his tired brain.

"Because the ever so righteous Jai Walia, doesn't take into account things like feelings, which we lowly people tend to get carried away," she said, glaring at him. "But tell me, does that heart of yours ever beat? I know, I should know by now, but kya hai na, I'm not as smart as you. I learn slow. Issi liya, dekho na, I came running to you after last night, forgetting that we are going to be divorced. Forgetting that you can't stand me. Forgetting that afterall, I mean nothing to you."

If her words were affecting Jai, he didn't let it show on his face.

"Magar main bhi kya bol rahi hoon," Bani said, shaking her head. "Expecting you to understand, is like hoping the wall to start talking. Hmm… maybe it will one day, but you will never know what it feels like to be on the other end, hoping and waiting for you to finally say something."

Jai continued to look a Bani, her every word hitting him like a bullet. But yet, he couldn't get himself to say anything…

"But you know what?" she said, her voice louder. "I'm tired to your games. I'm tired of trying to understand everything you do. One second you are angry, and the next, you are nice. Its like being on fire and ice at the same time, and you may be having fun with this, but I'm not. So, please just end it."

"Im not answerable to you," he finally said. He had no interest in explaining himself , when the woman in front of him did not even begin to understand his turmoil.

"Yes you are!" Bani said, her voice rising with each word. Somehow, lashing out on him gave her some relief. "You owe me an explanation!"

Jai closed his eyes, wishing Bani would stop yelling. His headache didn't do well with loud noises and her tone was close to being called screeching.

"You don't even care what happened last night, do you?" she asked, interpreting Jai's silence to be his attitude and not his over-worked brain. "It doesn't matter to you that we are married, right? It doesn't matter that were going to be divorced in a few days? As long as you have something, rather someone for entertainment, you are okay?!"

Jai's eyes snapped open. Entertainment?

Bani let out a laugh. "So that's it," she said, misunderstanding his expression. "It all comes down to whether me or Annie is the better source of entertainment. Tell me, are you both going to dinner tonight? Is that why all this time you didn't even bother to tell her that we are married?"

Fury bubbled inside Jai, as he gritted his teeth. He vaguely remembered the times when he worked on his projects, day in and out, only for them to be rejected and at the end of the day, all he felt like was ripping apart those pages and burning them to ashes. Atleast, such was his personality.  And right now, with every word she uttered, he felt exactly like that; tearing apart his hardwork and smoulder it into nothingness.

"Teek hai," she said. "As you wish. Waise bhi, aab main hoti kaun hoon kuch bol ne ke liye?"

"Kyun?" Jai asked sarcastically. All his feelings for her were suddenly replaced by anger. He didn't have the energy to think through her words, to see the hurt she hid behind them, because truth was he was just as frustrated. "Itna saab kuch toh bol chuki ho tum. Finish your thoughts, so that you can have some peace and get a good night's sleep on it. Atleast that will make one of us."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what you heard," he replied. "I mean that you are the one to talk about love and affection, when all you have done is hate me."

"Yeah Jai," she said. "I hate you. That's why I was the one to kiss you yesterday. That's why I went out of my way to find that dress and wear it, even though you practically said Annie looks better than me. That's why everyday, without a fail, I make sure you eat on time. That's why, everytime you have a headache, I will be the first person to stand in front of you with a cup of coffee. You right, I do hate you. But I don't see you showering me with endless love either."

Jai let out a laugh. "I don't love you, that's why I worried myself sick yesterday, when you literally disappeared off the face of this earth. I don't love you that's why I practically threatened Neil to never touch you again. I don't love you that's why I forced you into a divorce so that atleast for a month, you will be infront of my eyes."

Bani frozed upon hearing the last bit.

"Kya keh rahi thi tum," he said, standing up from his chair. "You hate me, that's why you kissed me yesterday, right? Then I guess, I hate you more for wanting to kiss you everyday, even though all you do is pretend that I'm the worst thing that happened to you. You think I don't notice anything? I don't notice that everytime you look at me, all you can think about is how I ruined your family? Well, I do. And do you how it feels, being able to do nothing about it?"

Bani averted her eyes. "But atleast I don't go around hitting on other people," she retorted. However, as soon as the words were out of her mouth, she wished she never said them.

Jai stared at her, the anger in him reaching an all time high. "That's right," he replied, in a dangerous voice. "You don't because, Bani Dixit is so ethical, right? She is so courageous that she walks away from her marriage without having the guts to listen to the truth? She is so honest that she calls herself Ms. Dixit, when in reality she is Mrs. Bani Walia? She is so pure that she doesn't feel jealous of a secretary, who has no competition with her!"

"I-" Bani stuttered, scared to see his glowering form. "I didn't m-mean tha-that."

"THEN WHAT DID YOU MEAN?" he roared. "Mujhe khushi hoti hai, tumse door rehke? That I enjoy pretending like you don't exist? That I don't give a damn if someone wants to go out with you?"

Bani flinched at the outburst.

"But guess what? It hurts me Bani and it hurts me bad," he continued. "So the last few days have been painful for you right? One second I smile, the other second I'm mad?"

Bani didn't reply, causing Jai to take a step forward. "Well, it hasn't been raining happy here either. Do you think its easy, changing everything about me to convince you that I stopped caring? Do you think its easy, pretending that I hate you, when I can't even stay two minutes without wanting to talk to you?"

She didn't answer, half scared by his fierceness and half shocked by the what he was spilling in anger.

"Magar main bhi kya bol raha hoon. Tumhe toh Annie ki padi hai na? Haan, main flirt kartha hoon uske saath. Even though I struggle every minute, trying to make it look half as believable, I flirt so that you will stop sitting on the fence and pick a side. Khush? Jawab mil gaya?"

"I picked a side," she quietly reminded.

Jai let out another sarcastic laugh. "of course," he said. "I completely forgot. You picked a side – silence. That's your favourite answer to everything isn't it? Silence?!"

When she looked at the floor in answer, he walked up to her and grabbed her shoulders, forcing her to look into his fuming eyes. "Well wake up Bani. Hiding yourself for one month didn't make you hate me like you wanted it to and shutting up now, is not going to help you pretend everything is okay."

That was the truth. He said it so painly and so simply that it stung like a bee. "You… you don't understand," she replied, feebly. Admiting him to be right would make it so much harder to accept that she must choose and that too soon.

"What don't I understand?" he asked, his grip on her shoulders tightening. "How much you want to love your sister or how much don't want to love me?"

Bani couldn't get herself to speak. Everytime she thought about how much she loved her husband, she would only be stabbed with guilt, for not loving her sister enough to hate her killer. And her predicament seemed to be obvious.

Seeing her confused eyes, Jai released her. "Tumse baath karna hi bekar hai," he said, turning around to face the windows overlooking the city. "Because if you could understand all this, then we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

Silence overtook the room as Bani stood rooted to the spot. So many things were said and so many thing she wished were never brought up.

"So," Jai said finally, his tone extremely low after his yelling. "What do you want prove? That I don't care?"

Bani just stared. Anger still sparkled in his eyes and saying anything at this point  would not be safe for either of them.

"Fine," he continued. "You are right. I don't care for you and this all but a game for me. I guess I'm just that sadistic because no matter what happens, I will always be the one who ends up taking the blow."

Bani suddenly wished she never walked into the room. Though she heard, what she was dying to hear for the last couple of days, she felt nothing but remorse. The anger in Jai's eyes, the disbelief that she could say such horrible things… it was enough to make her curse herself.

"But thank you," Jai said. "I hoped that when all of this is over, the reward is worth ten times the pain. But you proved it today, that there won't be a reward. Because I quit this game, as you call it."

And with that, he resumed his seat and began reading a file.

"Jai I-" Bani said, wanting to apologize. She could tolerate anything but his disappointment.

But even before she could begin, she was cut short by Ranveer, who then entered the office.

"Did you finish the report?" he asked, not noticing the silent figure of Bani.

Jai nodded, and handed him a file. "The other one is done too. Do you want to look over it?"

"Already?" Ranveer asked, surprised. "But we have till next week."

Jai shrugged, and began typing on his laptop.

Ranveer seemed to finally notice the dark circles under his brother's eyes. "Did you even sleep last night?" he asked.

Jai didn't answer, but the answer was obvious.

"How are you even working here?"

"Its called coffee Ran," Jai answered.

Ranveer seemed to understand the look on Jai's face. He was one fo the few to have witnessed Uday's anger this morning and knew that it hurt Jai a lot more than he was showing. "Jai," he said, quietly. "Its okay. Kabhi kabhi ho jata hai. Don't worry!"

"Don't worry?" Jai asked, looking up from the screen. "Ran, I screwed up a million dollar deal!"

Ranveer sighed. "I know, but its not your fault. Kaka understands!"

Jai snorted. "Don't sugar coat it. Dad is pissed at me, and he has the full right to be. I neglected work for someone, who doesn't even deserve it."

Ranveer scrunched his eyesbrows in confusion. "For who?"

Jai started typing in reply. "Do you want anything else? I have a lot of work to do today."

"Yes, we are going home right now," Ranveer answered.

"Why?"

"Because Annie tells me you haven't eaten anything from morning."

Bani was surprised to hear the news and was immediately plunged deeper into regret. How did she have the heart to hurt him when he was so stressed out?

"Im not hungry."

Ranveer sighed. "Besides, its valentines and you and I have orders to be home by 6pm."

Jai looked up at that comment, as he finally deciphered Bani's anger when she walked in. But it only ended up infuriating him even more. She thought I was celebrating Valentine's with Annie?

"I. Don't. Care." He replied, looking straight at Bani, his voice full of venom.

Bani stared guility at Jai, before quietly slipping out of the room, determined to somehow make it up to him.

Hopefully, I have caught you guys off guard! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

But i just wanted to draw some parallels: In the beginning of the story, its Bani who goes into a shell and Jai is the one who comes and demands for answers. Now, however, it is the complete opposite. Jai locked himself up and Bani is the one who wants answers. But the difference is that Jai reacted completely opposite to how Bani did in the very first chapter. She kept silent, and he burst out, which I think is very interesting. 

Anyhow, i loved you comments from the last part and am definitely waiting for your reactions this time! 

Archi
Edited by -Archi- - 12 years ago
sowmya18 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved the update...thanks for the pm...
hope jai and bani will be together now...
waiting for their reunion...
neethurose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hope these two will be together soon

Loved the update 😊
orchidpurple thumbnail
that was a big n nasty fight..

hope she makes it upto him...
and finally both of them confessed...but can't register that in their anger...

waiting to read more

OP
alicia212 thumbnail
wow great story plz update soon
I'm really loving this story of your. thanks for the pm and you are very welcome anytime
Anjinie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I loved it, @least now they no wat they feel for each other. It's gud to have an argument now & again it's healthy for any relationship just my opp,,, now that Jai got the load of his chest. Let's see how they make for it. Must say it was beautifully written. Pls do not make us wait to long for the next update after giving us such a mindblowing update. Thanks
bhanu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it, it was really what i had not expected...

So jai willl have a surprise valentine gift.

Bharathi