Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF: Chupanke Ki Saaza Last Part Pg 52 [Jul 7,'12] (Page 14)

andyash Groupbie
andyash
andyash

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
great  update thank you so much 
ashwini

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Archi-

Proud-BrownGirl Senior Member
Proud-BrownGirl
Proud-BrownGirl

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Wonderful update. Hopefully JB can resolve their issue
with each other soon. Wink
Thanks for continuing the story Clap have fun writing.Big smile

-Archi-

joa123 Senior Member
joa123
joa123

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
fabulous ff...i don't know how i missed it...waiting for next part :)

-Archi-

Coldpies Newbie
Coldpies
Coldpies

Posted: 18 January 2012 at 4:21am | IP Logged
Awesome update. Really looking forward to how you are going to bring them close.

-Archi-

-Archi- Goldie
-Archi-
-Archi-

Posted: 20 January 2012 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. They definitely motivate me to write! WinkBig smile
Here is the next part!

Chupanke Ki Saaza
-PART 11-
The World's Best Coffee

Jai took a deep breath to calm the bubbling anger inside him. It was a week since his return from Mt. Abu, where the Malhotras inaugurated their hotel and he was rudely woken up at 6am by his secretary, about an urgency. He rushed to office, to find that one of their hotels was stopped, mid-way of construction due to some legal issues. And now, it was almost 5pm, and there was no progress whatsoever. All his lawyers were a big let down.

While the board of directors waited for the young Walia to make a decision, Bani watched the man with concern. Uday was once again out of the country for business, and Jai was stuck to deal with the problems along with a tired looking Ranveer. But what worried her was not the issues at hand – Jai would come up with a solution, he always did – but at the stress lines on his forehead, which clearly indicated the onset of a severe headache. And sure enough Jai began to rub his temples.

"Gentlemen," Jai said. "You have to realize that we promised a launch date. How can there not be a way to overcome these "legal" issues?"

None of the lawyers spoke a word.

The silence irritated Jai even more. "Damnit!"he yelled. "When I ask a question, I want an answer."

The room jumped at the sudden shout and people began to anticipate the outburst that was sure to come in any second. They were well aware of Jai Walia's anger.

"Mr. Walia," said one of the lawyers, trying to sound confident, but at the same time, his voice trembling audibly. "We are t-trying our be-best. Its-s j-just a mo-mon-th. The wo-workers w-will ca-calm down b-by then!"

Jai glared at the lawyer. "And do you know how much loss this company will bare for that one month Mr. Sharma?"

"But th-there is n-no ot-ther ch-choice!"

When Jai began to retort, Ranveer placed a hand on his cousin's shoulder. "Calm down. There must be some way Jai."

"That is exactly my point Ran!" Jai replied, frustrated. "But our lawyers are being very pathetic. Is this what I pay you all for?"

Silence followed this remark.

"Tarun," Jai said suddenly, his hands rubbing his forhead again. "Get me Tarun. All these people are useless."

Everyone stared at Jai, not believeing he called the city's best team of lawyers, useless. Bani, however, smiled. Only her husband would do such a thing. She cleared her throat.

"Gentlemen," she said. "I think its time for a break. We will resume this meeting tomorrow at 9am."

Jai looked up at Bani. "I am not finished Ms. Dixit," he said, trying very hard not to yell. Bani was the last person he wanted to see upset.

"I think we are," she said, standing up. "This is legal issue, and hardly requires the entire board, while there are other, more pressing projects to deal with."

Ranveer nodded, glad that Bani voiced his opinion. Truth was, if it was anyone other than her who suggested it, they would have had to face the wrath of Jai. The room left quickly, not wanting to be Jai's next victim.

Bani tapped her feet impatiently against the floor. It was 7pm, and Jai was no where to be seen. She was very sure he was still in the board room, fighting a long list of problems. After two more minutes, her patience gave up.

"Is Jai in?" she asked Jai's secretary – an elderly woman, who was employed by the Walia's for 25 years now.

"No, hun," Mrs. Hastings replied, packing up her stuff. "Still in the board room. He told me to go home though, as it might be a while before he is done."

Bani gave an exasperated sigh, making Mrs. Hastings to laugh and say, "you act like you have never met him!"

"Oh I met him alright," Bani muttered, before going to the board room.

She was about to barge in, determined to drag Jai home, when she heard his low voice, full of exasperation.  

"Please man," Jai said. "Please tell me you have a solution to this."

Confused, Bani peeked through the glass wall, adjacent to the door and found that Tarun was seated infront of a tired looking Jai, still holding his temples in pain.

Tarun just shook his head. "You are the only one who manages to get into these kinds of troubles Jai."

"What did I do?" Jai said, defensively.

"I told you not to make stupid deals, but you never listen to me."

Jai grimaced. "They weren't stupid. They are the best ones anyone ever made."

"How about ambitious?" Ranveer offered, before Tarun could taunt Jai even further.

"But still stupid," Tarun continued, looking deeply through some files. "Who the hell told you to make deals that costs the builders more loss than gains?"

"That's not my problem! They agreed for it!"

"Yeah," Tarun replied. "Because you threatened him, God knows how. And now, the workers are not going to work at half their wages."

"So, how is that my problem?" Jai said. "That's the stupid builder's problem if his workers don't work."

"His workers, work on your project," Taurn reminded, closing the file.

Jai just rolled his eyes, and buried his face in his hands. "You talk like Bani."

"Oh yeah," Ranveer said, remembering Jai and Bani's fight about this issue before the trip to Mt. Abu. "You two were fighting about this right?"

Tarun smirked. "So, you both fight over business too?"

"What don't they fight about?" Ranveer asked, rethoretically.

"Shut-up," Jai snapped.

"But got to hand it Bani," Ranveer said. "She really saw this issue coming."

"Then why didn't she put some sense into this idiot?" Tarun asked, nodding at Jai.

"She tried," explained Ranveer. "Hence the fight. Jai wouldn't listen to her."

Tarun sighed. "I am not surprised by that."

"But I am," Ranveer continued. "Because she is the only one who gets away with anything with Jai. Even today, she called off the meeting before he ripped everyone's throats out and he didn't say a word."

Tarun's eyesbrows went up in shock. "Really?" he asked Jai.

Jai just glared at the two men infront of him. "Will you two shut up about Bani and get on with this?"

Tarun and Ranveer passed each other a look, before getting back to work. They were sure Jai's patience towards them wasn't nearly as tolerant as the one towards Bani.

A smile spread across Bani's face as she recollected Ranveer's observation. Its true, she thought. He didn't yell at me today…

Deciding its best to leave the men to work, she left.

Thank god this mess is over, Jai thought as he walked back to his cabin. It was almost 11 o'clock at night, and Tarun finally managed to figure out a solution. However, that meant a lot of paperwork and Jai didn't waste time. He entered his office, determined to finish this issue before tomorrow and was surprised to see a cup of what he assumed to be coffee on his table.

He looked around, wondering who would put coffee on his desk at this hour, when everyone, including his secretary left, and found a piece of paper folded in half. It read:

The best medicine to a splitting headache. Happy working!

A smile spread across Jai's face as he re-read the note. It didn't have a name, but he didn't need that. There was only one person who knew him so well…

"Good morning," Jai said. "I have some good news and some bad news."

It was the next morning, with the entire board of the Walia Industries was once again assembled, to hear another achievement of the young Jai Walia. Of course, many of them weren't surprised to find that Jai found a solution to the issue in hand in less than 24 hours. And one of them was Bani, who was paying more attention to the dark circles under Jai's tired looking eyes, clearly indicating an all-nighter than to his success.

"So," Jai continued. "The good news is, we have found a way around this issue. The bad news is that it requires a lot of effort from the company. So, gentlemen – and Ms. Dixit – ," he added, for Bani was the only woman in the room. "get to work! I need this done with by today. I scheduled a meeting with the builder tomorrow at 8!"

When no one moved, Jai added with a smile, "Chop chop. There are files to be updated, agreements to be made!"

Bani rolled her eyes and stood up, thinking today is going to be a long day…

But once started, she never realized where the time flew by. She worked very hard on the files for marketing, wanting to Jai to appreciate her. To recognize her. This urge was so strong that she sat at her desk the whole day,  barely getting up. Any time her eyes ached from staring at the laptop for too long, Jai's face flashed infront of her face. She really wanted him to notice her. And she was soo caught up this, that she didn't even stop to realize that today was the first day, after a month, she was craving for Jai's attention.

And so, the clock chimed 9 o'clock at night when Bani finally closed her laptop and made her way to Jai's cabin to drop of the files with a sense of achievement.

To her great surprise, she found the light still turned on. Curious, she entered the office to find a bored looking Jai sitting in his chair, fiddling with his thumbs.

"Why aren't you home?" she asked.

Jai looked up. "Why would I be home?"

"Because you were here all of last night and you were done your work by 5pm!"

"Yeah… but I had things to do."

"Like what?"

Jai ignored that question. "So, are you going to give me that file or not?" he asked, pointing to the papers she was holding.

"So, you wanted to check the file?" Bani replied, slightly offended. "To see if I did it right or not?"

"If I didn't trust you, then you wouldn't be working here today," he said simply.

Bani was totally confused. "I don't understand. What are you saying?"

Jai smiled. "I am saying, its late. Lets go home!" He got up, grabbed his blazer and walked out the door. When Bani didn't move, he called. "Hurry up! I am starving..."

Irritated at Jai's weird behaviour, Bani dropped the file on his desk and followed him all the way to the parking.

"Well get in," Jai said, when she stopped infront of his car and looked blankly at him.

"I have a car you know," she said. It was decided long ago that Jai and Bani would not travel to and from work in the same car.

Jai just sat in the car without a reply. Seeing that she was not going to get answers, Bani got in.

"And your car can stay here till tomorrow," Jai answered, turning the engine on. The black Mercedes purred to life as he pulled out of the parking.

Bani didn't say anything for the rest of the ride to the Walia Mansion. She was trying to piece together Jai's stranger behaviour. When the car finally rolled to a stop infront of the house, she said, "I don't get it. Did you wait all this time just to drop me home?"

Jai turned off the car. "When you can make me the world's best coffee, then the least I can do is make sure you get home safely on a low level of blood sugar."

Bani was now really surprised. "How did you know…?"

"I think I had enough of your coffee, to pick it up from a mile away."

Bani didn't know what to say. She hoped that she would stay anonymous with the coffee thing, because she herself didn't know why she did it.

"Now, can we go, before you faint on me?" Jai said, getting out of the car.

"I am fine!" Bani said, following him out.

"Oh please," he replied. "I know you didn't have lunch in your crazy desire to impress me with the project. So, don't push your body any more!"

Bani repressed a smile. For some reason, she really liked the fact that Jai was keeping tabs on her. Maybe, they were finally beginning to make peace with each other.

"How did you know I wanted to impress you?" she asked, once they started having their dinner. It was only the two of them – the rest of the family were asleep by now.

Jai laughed.

"What?" she asked. "Whats so funny?"

"Its just this crazy look you have, whenever you concentrate," he answered. "Its like watching a maniac at work."

"Obviously you haven't seen yourself when you are concentrating," Bani muttered. "Then you would have known who looks like a maniac at work!"

"Yeah," Jai agreed. "But I don't smile when I work."

Bani scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "I was smiling?" she asked.

Jai nodded. "Every two minutes… it was like a thought kept coming into your head. And everytime it did, you would smile."

Bani didn't say anything, as she tried to recollect what she was thinking about. But she didn't have to think hard. Only one face kept popping into her head every two minutes…

Jai watched Bani closely as she played around with her food, undoubtedly thinking about what he just explained. He could tell that she was beginning to question a lot of things and there was no way he was going to stop that. So he let her think, eating his dinner in silence.

"So," she said, finally breaking the long stretch of silence. They were almost finished eating. "What makes you smile every two minutes?"

Jai was caught off guard as Bani looked expectantly for an answer. 

Looking forward to your comments. Big smile
Btw, would you guys like PMs? I know i don't update regularly, so PMs would make your lives soo much easier. So, let me know if you would like me to message you whenever I update! Tongue

Archi

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

yashvijaysinghtmowlacosminadishbhanmusic_girl..Naina..kooliio

Coldpies Newbie
Coldpies
Coldpies

Posted: 21 January 2012 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Thanks for the update. Finally Jai and Bani are talking like two civilised people instead of fighting each other. So sweet of Jai to wait for Bani even though his work was finished.

We want a really long update next time. And PM would be great.

Thanks. Looking forward to another great update.

-Archi-

orchidpurple Goldie
orchidpurple
orchidpurple

Posted: 22 January 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Loved it!!!!!!!
Bani calling in a break for the meeting and Jai not yelling at her...
Tarun and Ranveer discussing this...
Bani's coffee for him and
Jai's ride for her...

Loved it all...
Awaiting Jai's reply
Please please update soon

OP
Proud-BrownGirl Senior Member
Proud-BrownGirl
Proud-BrownGirl

Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Wonderful update Archi.Clap