FF: Chupanke Ki Saaza Last Part Pg 52 [Jul 7,'12] - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey great chapter, πŸ‘.

Can't wait to find out what this thing with Pia is all about that its driving JB apart.

Continue soon please. Take care.
Hey Archi i hope u have not forgetten us. Pls give us a preview of wats to cum, sorry to have disturbed u. Take care
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late post. I was caught up with my new job.
Anyway, thanks for your comments! Greatly appreciated. πŸ˜›
Here is the next part!
Edited by -Archi- - 12 years ago

Chupanke Ki Saaza
 -PART 4-
 A Taste of Her Own Medicine

"Bye Papa," Bani said, as she bent down to take her father's blessings. It was almost week since she had the 'talk' with her mother and made reservations back to Canada. While her mother tried her best convince her otherwise, Bani remained firm on her decision and refused to even talk to her.

"Take care Beta," Nishikant said. "Dhyaan se jaana!"

"Papa," Bani said, rolling her eyes. "How many times did I travel to Canada and back?"

Nishikant smiled. "But you are still my baby. Kal jab tumhare baache ho, tab bhi tum meri bachi hi rahogi!"

Bani ignored the comment about her children. That was not going to happen, but she didn't want to break the news to her father yet. He had enough to worry about, without his daughter's broken marriage.

"Mujhe late ho raha hai," Bani said. "I have to go." She gave one look to her mother, who remained emotionless and said, "Bye Maa."

And with that, turned her back on India and proceeded to the checkings. The lady at the counter smiled and asked for her passport.

"I am sorry to say Ma'am," the lady said, after scanning the barcode. "But your passport is expired."

Bani raised her eyebrows in confusion. "How is that possible? I just renewed it last year!"

"But it clearly says on the system that your passport expired yesterday!"

Shocked, Bani looked at the computer screen that the lady turned for her and sure enough, in big red letters, it said her passport was expired.

"But I booked a ticket and everything," Bani said.

"I am sorry Ma'am," the lady replied. "But you cannot travel without a valid passport."

Bani was outraged. "Who is your manager? Let me talk to him!"

"But it won't make a difference," the lady said calmly. "No one can do anything with an expired passport. The only thing you can do is figure out how your passport expired early!"

Bani nodded dejected and took the number for the passport office. After being on hold for more than an hour, she was able to get in touch with a senior manager, who could not offer much of an explanation.

"An internal problem ma'am," he said.

"What problem?" Bani asked, annoyed.

"Uhh... Paperwork. Your documents are not correct."

"Seriously?" Bani yelled. "Thats all you can tell me after two hours of being on hold? What paperwork? What went wrong?"

The manged fumbled, nervous at the direct questioning. "I am sorry Ma'am, but I don't control whats wrong. I just tell you whats on the computer!"

"Oh really?" Bani said, sarcastically. "Then why the hell are you called a MANAGER? If you do not tell me the issue, I will have to complaint against you!"

Now the man trembled and stuggled to find a way to explain to his customer the fault.  "No, please don't do that. I am telling you, these are orders from board to cancel your passport and I can't do anything about that!"

"And why would the board cancel my passport?"

"Umm... Well, think about it. The board does only what benefits them. So, cancelling your passport would have been profitable to them."

"Profitable?"

"You know... bribe..."

"BRIBE?" Bani was shocked. "But... but that happens only in hindi movies!"

The man laughed. "But its true."

"Why would someone waste their money to stop me from going?" And even as she said it, she understood.

"I don't know," the man replied, relieved that Bani atleast stopped yelling. "I am sorry that I can't offer anything else."

"Thank you so much," she said, in gratitude. "And sorry for yelling at you."

And ending the call, she instructed the driver to take her to the Walia Industries.

Jai walked into the meeting room, to see all the board members stand up to greet him. He nodded and sat down at the front.

"Good morning everyone," He announced. "My father is out for the next week for the Pune project, so I will be filling in since, as you will agree, Ranveer has enough to do already!"

Ranveer shot him a smile. "Not as much you little brother," he replied.

Jai laughed. The board was surprised to see their MD in a good mood, after almost a month. They all smiled to see him happy, for Jai was more like a friend than thier boss.

"So, I know that this project is dragging," Jai said, coming back to business. "And I want to know why. For the first time in history, the Walia Industries are lagging behind."

And with that the meeting started, as Jai for the first time in days listened properly. The work, which seemed almost boring in the last month, did not seem mechanical anymore and like once upon a time, he enjoyed it.

It almost an hour later that the meeting was suddenly interrupted.

As Jai listened to the finances department explain the profit of the project, the door burst open and a fuming Bani walked it.

The room was silenced as everyone watched Jai continue to sit quietly in his chair with a smile on his face. No one knew or even suspected the elation of his heart as his eyes feasted on her.

"What the hell?" Bani yelled, not bothering to stop and think that the entire board of the Walia Industries was watching and listening to her.

"Good Morning Bani," Jai said, not affected by her anger. "Aaj yahan kaise?"

Bani glared at him. "You very well know why I am here! How dare you cancel my passport? Who the hell do you think you are?"

Everyone in the room looked away, not wanting to hear this personal fight between their boss and his wife.

"If your passport is cancelled, then call the agency. Not me."

Just when Bani was going to retort, Ranveer cleared his throat. "Ahem... Ladies and gentlemen, lets take a short break. We will resume the meeting after an hour."

"Fifteen minutes," Jai corrected.

Ranveer gave him a pointed look, which Jai understood well.

"We just need 15 minutes," Jai assured.

Thankful, everyone left the couple alone. Jai continued to sit in his chair, waiting for Bani to break the silence. When she didn't intend on saying something, he said, "You were saying...?"

Bani glared at his cool posture. "I was saying who the hell do you think you are to stop me from going to Canada?"

"I think," Jai replied. "That I am the MD of  the Walia Group of Industries and more importantly, your husband to stop you from running off."

"And so what? You control who leaves the country and who doesn't?"

"Correction," Jai said with a smile. "I control if my wife leaves the country or not."

"And since when do you consider me your wife?" Bani fumed. "Why the sudden concern for me, when our marriage was out of guilt?"

"True," Jai said, surprising Bani. "But that doesn't give you the permission to leave. Since you claim that our marriage was fake, you also have to prove it."

"What are you talking about?"

Jai smiled sarcastically. "The ever so smart  Bani, is not following me today? Thats news!"

Bani rolled her eyes. "If you think that you can play these childish games with me, then keep dreaming!"

"I think you are mistaken," Jai said. "You are the one who is being childish and running away, not me. It is you that left for a month, without bothering to sort things out, not me. It is you that is being childish and ignoring your family and their questions, not me!"

Bani didn't reply.

"And I am tired of your childish games Ms. Dixit," Jai said. "And hence, I decide to interfere."

"Oh really? And what is that?"

"As I was saying before," Jai said. "You need to prove that our marriage is fake in court."

"And why would I waste my time doing that?"

"Because I want a divorce."

There was silence in the room as Jai's words hung in the air. It was few moments, before Bani spoke.

"D..Divorce?"

"Yes, divorce," Jai said, standing up. "You have clearly expressed in the last month, you don't want to live with me. And I dont know how this relationship will work if you don't even want to see me. On top of that, I don't want to be bonded to a person, who stopped caring whether I live or die. So, yes, a divorce... I want out of this marriage."

"So you are the one suffering now?" Bani said, angry that Jai wanted divorce for himself. Despite everything that happened, she still craved for the care he had for her. His sudden lack of interest in her was painful. "And what about what I went through for the past month?"

"Of course," Jai said, in a very serious tone. "I understand the horror of you being called my wife, so this divorce is partly because of you too."

Bani was shocked at his words. "Horror?"

"You are being surprised alot today I see," Jai commented. "But never think I under estimate your sufferings. Because I dont. Jai Walia always values hard work and since you have put so much effot in the past month to remain miserable and angry, I won't let it go to waste."

"Stop it!" Bani said, annoyed at his serious tone and sarcastic comments.

"You see Ms. Dixit, its prudent for you to understand this concept of divorce, as I don't have all day."

Bani closed her eyes in frustration.

"So, tomorrow at 10am, we will go see the divorce lawyer, if you dont have any other appointments."

It was Bani's turn to laugh. "Seeing that you can even bribe government officials, I don't see why you won't bribe the lawyer. So, just tell me what you is it that you want."

Jai smiled. "Thats what I love about you. You understand everything so easily. Your flight was at 9 o'clock and it took you, what, an hour to figure out why your passport was cancelled?"

"I had help from the manager."

"I see," Jai said. "Its still impressive though. Things do not usually trace back to me. Anyway, you saved me time. About the lawyer, he already filed our case and before you ask, yes, I even have the verdict."

"Which is...?"

"Our divorce is not approved," Jai said calmly. "Its because both your family and mine, have both disagreed for it. However, I  argued and the usual procedure of the wife and husband living together for a year has been put in place. But, like you correctly guessed, I bribed the judge to make it a month."

Bani didn't know what hurt more. The fact that Jai wanted a divorce or that the fact that he willingly and purposefully reduced their time together to one month.

"One.. month?" she whispered, the truth finally sinking in.

"Yes," Jai continued, unaffected. "And since you have your bags already packed, why don't you just move into the Walia Mansion."

Bani didn't know how to react.

"And before you argue," Jai said, watching her expressions closely. "No, we don't have a choice. We have to live in the same room under the same roof for a month."

"No," Bani said, gaining her voice back. "I am not living with you."

"With that attitude, you can increase our time together for a year. And even if you don't mind, I do. So, yes, you have to live me... for a month. Now, excuse me. I have a meeting to attend."

And without a glance, Jai sat down and at once became absorbed in his laptop. Having no other option, Bani left.

When the board finally assembled, Ranveer, whispered "What happened?"

"Gave her a taste of her own medicine," Jai said and told the finances to continue their  presentation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Waiting for your comments!

Archi
Superb chapter Archi, totally enjoyed it.

Love how Jai turned the table on Bani, can't wait for more

fireworks to fly between these two.

Do continue when you have the time, the story is going great.πŸ‘
Thanks Archi'for a beautifull update will be waiting for the next one
Firstly,  Thank you for updating
Loved the update...

Jai cancelled Bani's passport...
and
poor Bani has to live with Jai for 1 month...
She wouldn't know what hit her...πŸ˜†
Waiting for the fireworks between JB...

As always...will be waiting for next update...
Please continue...

Ahhh excellent and an unexpected part. Jai silently managed to stop her from leaving the country and on top of that she has to live with him. Jai is confident that he'll be able to change her mind and win her in one month. Go Jai...

That was an awesome part. Waiting for JB fireworks, romance & more...

Plz continue soon.

Ramya / ILS
this is wonderful gurl!!!!!!!!love love love it...and yes,I support Jai 100%!!about time too!!!

keep going gurl...we wanna see it!!!
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late updated. I always finish writing in two days, but I never get the time to post it up. Anyway, hope you like it!

Chupanke Ki Saaza
-PART 5-
The Game Starts Again

Bani sighed as she entered her room in the Walia Mansion. Everything was the way it used to be before she got married - neat and clean. Jai hated messy rooms and she loved them and yet, they got along.

She stood beside the window and flipped through the paintings that hung on the stand. They all reminded her of her old life. She took up the hobby to paint to distract herself from her unwanted arranged marriage. But she learned to love it and now, she was being forced to forget it.

"BANI!" Yelled a voice as a girl in her twenties flung her arms around her.

"Calm down Lakshmi," Bani said. "No one is dying here."

Lakshmi let go of her. "You are. Look at you... dark circles, dry hair and skinny like hell. Have you been eating?"

Bani rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah... how come you are here?"

Lakshmi made a sad face. "Kya main apni dost ko dekh bhi nahi sakthi?"

"Over acting karna band kar," Bani said, sitting on the bed. "Kya mera wapas aana saab ko pata chal gaya?"

Lakshmi laughed. "Yup... thats the gossip in Mumbai right now." She then imitated the voice of a news reporter and said "Bani Walia makes a sudden return to the Walia House after one month of unexplained absense. If sources are to be believed, she is preparing for a divorce with the famous tycoon Jai Walia. Not too long ago, both of them tied the knot, claiming it was an act of will, when it is well know that Mr. Walia was in fact engaged to the older sister Pia Dixit-"

"OKAY!" Bani said cutting her off. She didn't want to think about Pia. It would make her want to run out of this house. "But seriously, does everyone know?"

"They pretty much got it," Lakshmi said. That was the best thing about Lakshmi, she was always honest and blunt, unlike Rano, who would prefer to lie to make one feel better. "The press reporters are going high, but they are always like that. As for us, then, yes, we pretty much think the same."

Bani sighed and thought it was for the best.

"So, what have you been upto?" Lakshmi asked casually, but her curiosity was very evident in the question.

Bani didn't know what to say. "Nothing..."

"Right," Lakshmi said. And without thinking she blurted, "Do you have an affair?"

"WHAT?!"

"Then why else did you leave for a month?" Lakshmi said defensively. "I mean Jai is devastated, as if he is going to loose you, so I figured..."

"Shut up Lakshmi," Rano said, walking in and sitting on the bed. "Bani can never do that."

Bani smiled, happy that atleast someone believed her innocence. She couldn't even imagine herself cheating on Jai. It was impossible.

"But seriously Bani," Rano said. "What happened?"

"Didn't Jai tell you?" Bani asked.

"Nope," Lakshmi replied. "No one, well maybe Krishna Aunty, but no one knows whats up with you two. The suspense is killing me... literally."

Bani rolled her eyes. "There is no suspense. We had a fight... and needed a break."

"For a month?" Rano said. "Yeah right. Waise, how did Jai convince you to come back? Last time I checked, you were as adamant as ever!"

Bani was confused. Didn't they know about the divorce? "What do you mean convince? Don't you know?"

"Know what?"

Bani didn't know what to do. From their faces, it was obvious that they didn't know about the divorce and Lakshmi was evidenly joking few minutes ago. And if she told them, not only would they be heart broken, but would go out of their way to try and save it.

"Kuch nahi," Bani said, deciding not to ruin the peace of the moment. "He didn't tell me anything. But my Mom almost threatened me... so, I decided not to push her patience any further."

Lakshmi smiled. "Moms are like that. Meri waali bhi aise hi karthi hai."

Bani nodded, relieved.

"Main karthi hoon Maa," Bani said, as Krishna served the table for dinner.

"Bilkul nahi," Krishna replied with a smile. "Khud ko dekha hai aaine mein? You NEED to eat!"

Bani sighed. "Mujhe bhook nahi hai."

"Bhook kaise nahi hai? Saab kuch tumhara pasanad ka khana hai!" Krishan said.

"Jaane do na Maa," Jai said, speaking for the first time the entire evening. "Shayad woh diet kar rahi hai."

Bani chose to ignore the comment, but Lakshmi became outraged. "Bani kyun diet karegi?" she asked.

"Because she needs to. Have you seen her?"

"Jai," Tarun warned. "Dhyaan se. Warna yeh log tumhe chodenge nahi!"

However, Jai didn't stop. "Kya? Sahi toh keh raha hoon. Moti hogayi hai Bani."

Bani's mouth fell open. Never in her life did Jai tell her to diet. For him,she was always perfect the way she was. "Maa," she said, angry at Jai's comments. "Mujhe paneer chahiye."

Jai supressed a smile. "Kya kar rahi ho Bani? Paneer is really fatty."

Bani ignored him and served herself extra quantities of 'Shahi Paneer', in which she knew for a fact, Krishna added alots of butter and oil. She did not want to give Jai the satisfaction that she abides by his wishes.

The table stared in surprise as Bani ate her food calmly. It was not usually in Bani's nature to sit quietly when anyone commented on her. THey waited for the impending doom of Jai.

"Bani," Uday said, interrupting the unusual silence. "One of our managers retired yesterday."

Bani nodded, not understanding why her father-in-law was talking business with her.

"And I want" he continued as everyone listened. "you to take on his poisition."

Bani opened her mouth to refuse the offer, but Jai cut in. "Bani? Seriously?" he said, and then started laughing.

Uday was confused. "Kyun? Kya Hua?"

"Bani nahi kar sakthi Dad," Jai said. "She graduated over a year ago. It will be hard for her. The position is too challenging!"

Before Uday could reply, Bani said. "Thanks Uncle. I will join from tomorrow."

Rano sighed. Jai and Bani in office together would be a diaster, she thought to herself. They never agree on anything!

The alarm went off with a shrill as Jai woke up with a start. It was 8:30 am and Bani was nowhere around. He scrambled out of bed, cursing his luck. He was really for office.

As he quickly showered and came out, he noticed that all his shirts were dirty. His suits had lost buttons and some of them were even torn.

"What the hell?" He cursed. "All these suits were fine yesterday! TONY!" He called.

However, Bani walked in, already dressed for office.

"Itna kyun chilla rahe ho? Koi mar gaya kya?"

Jai rolled his eyes. "Tum itni jaldi utt kaise gayi?" It was common knowledge that Bani woke up near the afternoon.

"Tumhare frustration dekhne ke liye," she said cooly.

"Kya?" Jai asked, confused. But as he looked at the suits, it hit him. "Matlab yeh saab tumne kiya hai?"

Bani smiled. "Kya kaha tumne? Main moti hoon? Looks like you are the one who is fat Jai. Dekho na, tumhari sari shirts phat gaye!"

Jai refrained from yelling out loud. "Tumhara dimak toh teek hai? Pagal ho gayi ho kya? I am late for a meeting!"

"Sucks to be you Jai! Magar agli baar dyaan rakhna," she warned. "You are not the only one who has brains in this house!"

And with the she walked away, leaving a very irritated Jai.

Bani smiled at Uday's P.A. "Is Uncle in?" she asked.

Before the lady could reply, Bani heard raised voices from Uday's cabin. She walked closer to the door, to pick out the other voice.

"I said I'm sorry Dad," Jai replied.

"Sorry?" Uday yelled. "Do you have any idea, what would have happened if Ranveer didn't cover for you today, just because you decided to sleep in? This is one of our biggest deals ever!"

Bani congratualted herself on the success of her plan.

"I know Dad," Jai said, straining to keep his voice calm. "I am not irresponsible. This won't happen again. I promise!"

"Lately I have been thinking otherwise," Uday said, with sigh. "I agree your personal life is mess, but that is not an excuse to not do work."

"DAD!" Jai said, in a raised voice. "I know all that. And this will never happen again. Now, if you will excuse me. I have to go for lunch with the delegates."

"Take Bani with you," Uday said.

Jai sighed. "She won't come."

And before Bani could hide, Jai came out of the room and froze seeing her.

"Tum yahan?" he asked.

"I work here now," Bani replied sternly. "No need to be surprised."

"You were listening at the door?"

"No," Bani said instinctively. "Well..."

"Its not manners to listen to other people's conversations!"

"Well its not manners to be fashionably late to a meeting Jai. Tsk tsk. Being very irresponsible now a days?"

Jai rolled his eyes. "very funny! But don't think you got away with this."

And he walked away, leaving a very confused Bani.

*******************************************************************************************

I love your comments and thanks so much for the support. Will be waiting to hear your opinions...

Archi