Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: lalixlily

My dad asked my mom to stop working and told her that he could provide anything to her. He did so cause my mom did struggle a lot. My dad is a firefighter - so he wasn't often there. And for him -- at least one parent has to take care of the kids. My mom was ok with that - even if she did some various jobs to get money.

To think of it it was a good thing - she was there and learnt us to read to do our homeworks...

And my father is not a chauvinistic male - he never abused any woman - my mom was free to go out or to see her family...

I think Salman wants someone who likes her home and is keen on taking care of him...That doesn't mean she has to wear a burqa and learn recipes by heart to satisfy his appetite...
Salman has a precise idea of whom he wants to be his life partner...He's allowed to ...isn't he? It's better than other star wives who "fake" to work. or pretend to be oh so modern and still they stick to an unhappy compromise...
I'm not sure whether Salman will get what he wants...unless he finds her in some village...or was raised to be a good housewife of a powerful man. Or maybe a woman who'll be willing to make some compromise & slow down her "career" to please him.
Good luck with that.
For a couple to work - the two have to share the same desires, almost the same ones.

that is also true... every situation is different...!

but there are men, especially desis and some others who force the woman to stay at home, while they go around having fun... case in point, hrithik, srk... of course, their wives are also supposedly involved in other things now, but in a way, it's their husbands who put them in such a situation... perhaps, suzzanne should have known considering she comes from a filmi background... but gauri as an outsider, most likely did not sign up for such a life, when she first married srk...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

bollywood obviously does not share the same values which are supposedly the 'norm'...!

but yes, it is his life... and he has the right to choose his partner, as per his preferences, just like others... however, i still think it's stupid of some men to expect their wives to 'make their homes', while they are free to fool around... many men would justify raising their hand on the women, citing such reasons... that's how the real world works, unfortunately...!!
Nothing wrong in anything he said, but just so he is clear, except for seriously crazy fans most girls would want to settle down with a guy who is not an alcoholic, or someone who beats up women and someone who actually doesn't behave their age.

Not saying Salman is like that, he is a very sweet guy.Edited by Gobsmacked - 12 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

agree with u both.. salman khan actually want a woman who covers her.. just like his mother in saree or salwar kameez
i i respect his POV in this..

Originally posted by: wat_up

Agree, Plus their are some woman who want to stay home and enjoy their husband's earningπŸ˜†
On serious note, both partners in any relation have to compromise to make it work. 😊 

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: TallyHo

I found one ...

πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Hearing about all these stars/superstars leading a double life I rather see Salman leading a double life unmarried...

Do we really need one more star wife singing Let it Snow Let it Snow... 😳

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I agree Maddy. Yet at the same time we don't know How Salman will be as a husband no one is a mind reader. Yet, I assume he will be loyal, and expect she be loyal (because one thing I noticed in him is loyality. He even made media go to cover Kat's entire event and then cover his. Also, I think guys who settle later on have more patience and are more matured. Salman has matured, he adores kids, and will adore his wive (I doubt his wive would go the suzzane way as rumored). Plus, Salma says she would support her beaus over her sons and I believe her😊. Also, Salman who is extremly close to his mom should know how his mom was when his dad was with helen his second wive, that probably why he has not committed. He wants a marriage (withy the true meaning) Where both are committed to one another, their kids😊. Were he looking to enjoy he would have taken the deols route by marrying some backward  woman  or non actress and enjoy. Instead, he has always involved with starlets.

Yet, Roshan wive to begin with as always been insecure. On KWK the 1st season (Gauri and Suzzane epi) when asked what these woman would do were there spouses to look at other woman suzzane said she would spiral. While Gauri level-headly said she would just get her own boy toyπŸ˜‰
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
@wat_up... I agree with what you said about his behaviour...He has definitely mellowed and has calmed down compared to before...

But what i meant by double life was more on the lines of what we hear abt SRK etc... I just did not want to mention it blatantly in the first post of mine on this page...Since you mentioned abt Suzanne/Gauri it makes it all the more easier now...

From what I have heard abt Salman is he is gay/bi and his dating all the young 20 somethings is more of a cover up ...
And I repeat.. what I am saying is just what I have heard and no way am i stating that its the absolute truth... Baaki its upto people...The ones who want to believe will and the ones who dont will brush it off or just laugh it off... None of us will ever know what the truth is...
Did we see the DNA reports of Aaamir's love child... Did we peep in to the love suite of SRK/KJo at the Mumbai 5 star hotel... Did we see Akki/PC romping around... Did we see HR/Barbara painting the town red... Did we hear AB accept his love for Rekha... NO.. But we still talk abt all these rumors ...exactly the same way I am talking abt salman's rumor too...
ISano thumbnail
i know what u mean and agree wid u on it..
but i still luv salman khans talk about how he want his wife to be..

i just wonder how these star wife can sit infront of the fmaily half naked..

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
@Maddy see those rumor on salman I have not heard . Plus salman clubs  and media keep close tabs on his things , he is media's controversy child so everything on him is known,  so I don't believe and Iwont till the person with his/her own mouth say so!

Now coming to the others since you have openly brought the topic up. I have heard it associated with SRK and Ranbir (because they have hinted)  but does not mean I believe especially with Ranbir but then again his link up with the girls could be cover still I think its just rumors. The only one I can believe would be Arjun because he said in situation the tendency is there so he kinda said he is (but since he is married and has kids he should stick with them). One can say that Arjun and SRK spending time at games is a cover, because both men have talked on this subject and SRK as even joked upon it. (Again both are married and have kids and should be loyal to that)

Also, when it comes to men who are BI, they  can settle with one sex or another and be happy. (only straight I(heterosexual) or truly gay (homosexuals) have 1 choice so we should not mix BI sexual with either hetero/homosexuality. Alyso, some people experiment because they dont know their sexuality. Also there are views on whether its biological or environmental there is no concrete prove. Main thing is once one has chosen what route they want they should commit to it. ). Also, I think the bi/gay subject is very sensitive issue in general and unless the person wants to say they are, I think its wrong to judge.

Also, I wont and I am sure others wont either like people judging them because  based on "rumors". Yeah we joke about it here but sometimes members take rumors and turn them in to truth which is wrong and is considered "slander". Joking is okay but trying to say that is the truth without knowing is wrong. I never mind jokes, but when members who do not know the individuals  sexuality act like they do its not right. As you stated no one has peaked into their bedrooms so its speculation/rumor not "truth". Otherwise all men and even women in bolly would be BI were we to take all "rumors" to be true. 

Again, I believe Salman is straight  and him settling more has to do with things he has seen in the industry ( I believe he wants a homely women who will be committed to him and hos parents and nothing wrong in that. George Clooney is scared to settle(he tried an attempt it did not work) so does it mean he is BI? Just because someone is not married we should not assume. In the past he did not settle with sangeeta or somy cause he was not ready (yet he is in touch with them). Aish parents did not approve and we know that saga. I think the reason he has not yet  married Kat because her career is on a swing and does not want to hamper it. as all know I support SaL-KaT😊
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
ISano thumbnail
but what i luv about salman khan is that he once said.. while biwi no 1 came out that he will never do anything like prem in that movie

when he is married he will only be for his wife.. he cant even think of hurting her,,
that was the sweetest thing ever