Debate Mansion

Immoral Relationships (Page 8)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Doe.

Originally posted by Summer3

Of course one cannot marry a brother so the blood test would prove if they are related.

Really? Confused But that happens as well. Marriage between 1st cousins, etc. To some it can be immoral, to others, it's not.
I think it just so happens to be their tradition and custom in the village

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -pixie-

Of course one cannot marry a brother so the blood test would prove if they are related.

I dont know the country of your residence or origin...but marrying first cousins is very common in Muslims and even in the southern states of India (among Hindus)...Like I said its all very subjective and what is immoral to you maybe perfectly normal to someone else!
Here it seems that they are definitely not related, except they hail from the same village.

See what Punjabi#d1 wrote

both the boy and girl are from same village and they don't approve of marrying in the same village. Even though the couple share no blood relation in anyway, shape or form

The reasons for the objection could be genetic compatibility perhaps so the objection. Blood test would be a way to allay the fears

In this case, as someone already pointed out, kids of the same age are considered to be brother & sister by the people of that village. That's their thinking, cannot help it. Besides, one need not be related to consider someone as their brother or sister.
Here, it's the parents who are thought to be considering the "friendship" between these 2 people as a brother-sister kind of a feeling. However, these 2 do not think so, and they do not want to let their parents know about this different angle to their relationship, coz they're quite sure that their parents would reject it.

To the TM: Instead, why not ask the parents? What if they don't consider it that way? They could think different, right? I mean, why jump to conclusions when you can act reasonably? If they say no, then they have 2 options: Run away, or respect their parents' wishes and just be friends if not bro-sis. But at least, let those parents know. By hiding the truth, they are cheating their parents as it is.

Edited by .Doe. - 25 May 2011 at 3:42am
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:52am | IP Logged

Yes indeed it is pretty complicated.

But basically the parents do not want their daughter to marry the boy for a variety of reasons I believe.
This could be just a lame excuse. If not for this they will come with another excuse obviously.

Pretty tragic for the poor boy.

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:54am | IP Logged
^^^ Cannot be sure of that, coz the girl hasn't informed her parents. She is mighty sure that they'd disagree. But what's wrong in trying your luck? Nothing is going to happen anyway..it's not like her parents are going to murder her.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:57am | IP Logged
The parents must have seen them together n told the girl to lay off.
Pl read what the parents think:
Quote:

"Also, the parents don't think the boy is educated enough for their daughter or rich enough.
They would/do approve him marrying a cousin from a different village, just not approve him for her. Her parents love the boy and treat him like a son and he treats them with the same respect as his parents."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

--dolphin-- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 10:23am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

blue-ice.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Let me summarise for you:

Guy likes gal
Gal not very sure she fully likes him
Gal's Family does not want him as a son in law

JasToronto

violette IF-Rockerz
violette
violette

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
hey...its pretty complicated... but one needs to be practical in terms of life.. ther can be only two solutions possible...

1.  Marry 

2.  Not marry...

Chose one and do whatever it takes to make it work!.. but any roads inbetween is jst going to agonize them further and either bring lot of shame and disrespect to their respective families... or both or either of them will fall in a bottom-less pit of depression, guilt, and sorrow ...

the way i see it is the boy is over sentimental.. and selfish too... yes... his solution to their problem is stupid.. he wants her in his life bcoz he cant live without her at present and at sake of her dignity.. wat parents or society and she herself would accept her as a "mistress" of this guy..  i know its shocking to read this.. bt eventually tht is wat it wud turn out to be after his marraige.. it would be termed as an ex-marital affair which would be even more disgusting and dismaying..

so instead the grace of their love lies in either accepting it completely and fighting for their love...  or denying it completely and moving on to their separate paths..  any intertwining is just going to make their life a hell.. and the girl's life even worst.. coz as far as i gather they hail from a conservative society.. and it would be tough for her to tackle this proposed ex-marital affair..

I know chosing one decision is not going to be simple.. bcoz they and their families r close and interact pretty often.. but life is never simple.. and the situation would look complicated unless and untill we've been through it... borne it all.. time is greatest healer.. and its natures way that nothing remains same.. it changes constantly.. and one who doesnt change withers away.. they will have to take some tough decisions here...

i know people would always want a fairytale love story.. but i say if it is to happen, it would happen no matter what.. and if its not to happen, it would not happen whatever they might do.. bcoz.. fate is nothing but consequences of our actions + behaviour + our attitude towrds life, ourselves, and others... and so instead of making a grt love story, thy might end up making a shameful love story...

so my advice pick one and stick to it... all the best..

Go to top