Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: .Doe.

See, that's subjective. 😛

Well they could do a DNA test to see if there is any blood relations.
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Well they could do a DNA test to see if there is any blood relations.

Nah, not about the bro, sis thing. I was talking about going against parent's wishes in general. While some may find it immoral, someone else may not. 😆
Edited by .Doe. - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Of course one cannot marry a brother so the blood test would prove if they are related.
MagixX thumbnail

Of course one cannot marry a brother so the blood test would prove if they are related.

Really? 😕 But that happens as well. Marriage between 1st cousins, etc. To some it can be immoral, to others, it's not.
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I dont know the country of your residence or origin...but marrying first cousins is very common in Muslims and even in the southern states of India (among Hindus)...Like I said its all very subjective and what is immoral to you maybe perfectly normal to someone else!
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -pixie-

I dont know the country of your residence or origin...but marrying first cousins is very common in Muslims and even in the southern states of India (among Hindus)...Like I said its all very subjective and what is immoral to you maybe perfectly normal to someone else!

Here it seems that they are definitely not related, except they hail from the same village.

See what Punjabi#d1 wrote

both the boy and girl are from same village and they don't approve of marrying in the same village. Even though the couple share no blood relation in anyway, shape or form

The reasons for the objection could be genetic compatibility perhaps so the objection. Blood test would be a way to allay the fears

Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Doe.

Really? 😕 But that happens as well. Marriage between 1st cousins, etc. To some it can be immoral, to others, it's not.

I think it just so happens to be their tradition and custom in the village
MagixX thumbnail

Here it seems that they are definitely not related, except they hail from the same village.

See what Punjabi#d1 wrote

both the boy and girl are from same village and they don't approve of marrying in the same village. Even though the couple share no blood relation in anyway, shape or form

The reasons for the objection could be genetic compatibility perhaps so the objection. Blood test would be a way to allay the fears

In this case, as someone already pointed out, kids of the same age are considered to be brother & sister by the people of that village. That's their thinking, cannot help it. Besides, one need not be related to consider someone as their brother or sister.
Here, it's the parents who are thought to be considering the "friendship" between these 2 people as a brother-sister kind of a feeling. However, these 2 do not think so, and they do not want to let their parents know about this different angle to their relationship, coz they're quite sure that their parents would reject it.

To the TM: Instead, why not ask the parents? What if they don't consider it that way? They could think different, right? I mean, why jump to conclusions when you can act reasonably? If they say no, then they have 2 options: Run away, or respect their parents' wishes and just be friends if not bro-sis. But at least, let those parents know. By hiding the truth, they are cheating their parents as it is.
Edited by .Doe. - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Yes indeed it is pretty complicated.

But basically the parents do not want their daughter to marry the boy for a variety of reasons I believe.
This could be just a lame excuse. If not for this they will come with another excuse obviously.

Pretty tragic for the poor boy.

MagixX thumbnail
^^^ Cannot be sure of that, coz the girl hasn't informed her parents. She is mighty sure that they'd disagree. But what's wrong in trying your luck? Nothing is going to happen anyway..it's not like her parents are going to murder her.