Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Mistis thoughts 23rd may 2011 - Page 2

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: misti73

All that you have said has not struck him...also he is thinking that (1) Radhika told Rohan about the child marriage deliberately...he does not know that she did not tell Rohan about the child marriage and it was out of desperation... (2) he might be also thinking that Radhika is doing all this deliberately to get him...she is deliberatly accepting all the gifts as the bahu...so if she can enter a house as a marrid woman to get him then she might have also told Rohan to get Dev...maybe all this caring and looking after the family will make Dev realise that Radhika is not self centered and nor is she selfish to think all this...she did what she had to do because she was desperate and because this belief that she has regarding child marriage and him is a part of her. I don't think Radhika telling Dev anything will make any difference...so if change comes in Dev then it should be him noticing how Radhika selflessly takes care of everyone and that should make him think that what he is thinking might not be right...but he will need help of his alter ego. The other optionis Rohan telling him but then it won't be a spiritual story.

Misti, I think they are going with that.  So he overheard this conversation in the kitchen where Radhika was telling the right way to make ladoos for a particular puja Padma wanted to do for Rohan.  So here Dev knew that Radhika was unaware of his presence and hence there was some realization that Radhika was doing her puja (something important to her) and also making sure that the ladoos were made properly without any hidden motive (coming close to Dev) as she was not even aware that Dev was there.

Then probably that scene with Maheswari where Radhika argued for Dadaji on something that hadn't even occured to him.  They cut the episode but it is likely that Maheswari made Dadaji sick by putting something in the milk (her punishment for him moving his hand).  So maybe Radhika cancelling her visit to her home for Dadaji may make him realize how much Radhika cared for Dadaji.   So yes,  this track is probably going where Dev is realizing Radhika's worth and starts softening towards her.  

I do hope that his questioning or arrival of his alter ego is based on Radhika's actions and his own actions.  Rohan telling the truth should come when he has already done a lot of introspection and is questioning his own set of beliefs.  No matter what,  Dev is a hero and his journey or his growth should not be a function of somebody telling him the truth or Radhika proving herself over and over again.  It should come from his own observations, intelligence and ability to question himself and learning from his mistakes.   So if Radhika's actions or Radhika helps him in this journey, it is fine.  But taking Rohan's word over Radhika's doesn't sit too well with me.

Radhika leaving him and going away...or Radhika at deaths door ...due to something that he has done.
I can see that happening as the physical abuse proved a big catalyst for him and something happening to Radhika because of his own blindness would make him finally see his follies and how far he has gone down.  I prefer Radhika leaving with dignity after she fulfills her goals of curing Dadaji and finding out the culprit.

Angie by character do you mean Dev as in CB1...because here although I would have liked him to be full of remorse regarding hurting Radhika but does this Dev know that one does not hurt the one who one loves knowingly...he is projecting whatever he has learned regarding relationships from the Purohits on Radhika because that to him is normal...who has taken care of the fact whether he is hurt by anyones action?...Hurting his hand lead to self-realisationa and that as you have pointed out is not remorse...for remorse to come he has to realise that he is wrong and that realisation should take time...as for what the creatives will do it is entirely upto them...they have an interesting track here which they can develop...if they still have not realised seeing the low TRPs that the core audience will not sit around taking crap from them anymore, then I don't think that the future is bright. The playing with Radhika and Dev just after this false wedding brought down the TRPs...they should be aware of this fact...but again its upto them to decide how serious the PH and channel is about this show.
I guess sometimes I do just because Dev of CB1 was so sensitive to others' pains (it wasn't only Radhika even though she came way above anyone).  But I also meant Dev here in CB2.  He was shown to have empathy in the earlier episodes.  So this extreme self-centered behavior where there was no regard for Radhika's feelings even before the accident seems a little too much.  Also, no matter what people don't want Dev to be a weak character and has to be shown taking some charge here.  His remorse can not totally come at Radhika's expense (where she is hurt or leaves the house).  It has to be him too who initiates some change because he has an open mind and starts going back to his instincts.

Yes...Radhika is still believing this guy is KK and not Dev and I think most probably because she does not realise how strong is his sense of obligation...I think she will have to see how Dev is really treated to get an idea...and it hopefully they show her leaving after whatever she is supposed to do has become successful. She is overlooking Devs abuse of her because most probably she does not see it as abuse...thats how Shanti treated her and Mansaram taught her to overlook...although he being an adult new exactly what Shanti is about but he did not tell Radhika that one does not overlook abuse all the time...
Ok, that is a good point.  Mansa did teach her to ignore the abuse and that's what she does.  So it is her upbringing.  Also, as you mentioned she sees KK in Dev for whom she has fond memories.  Dev was happy to find her and also she has found momentos that Dev kept for 12 years.  So she looks at this abuse as a result of events since the wedding and believe it is temporary behavior that would go away once   It is likely that Virat is going to lose his patience sooner or later and would end up calling Dev a "servant."  Also she may have already seen that people don't ask after Dev if he is sick or not eating anything.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: rajsri

Wonderful commentary Misti ..

Thanks rajsri

. i too found my head spinning in the beginning of the episode ... ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Very interesting episode
-  Good that they are taking it slow with Dev's growth   ...  you covered all points well ... he still has not realized all of the things that he is doing wrong ... will need a lot more visits from his alter-ego before he gets there ...yes...the alter-egos mocking works for him...looks like he does not like people making fun of him and that is why Radhikas sweet serene smiles drive him up the wall.😉...Radhika has a good sense of humour, living in Mansaram's family made her develop one, while Dev does not have that sense of humour...he is too serious...and too earnest. Well Angie did say last week that Radhika needs good sense of humour to live in that pagalkhane and not loose her mind. 
-  Loves rads but thinks she is flawed and that she is cheating his family  ... is slowly beginning to like some of the things she does ... but still seems to distrust her...yes and it should take time for her to gain his trust. Someone with his background should find it difficult to trust people easily...his trust has been broken so many times.
-  he is also in some ways, as you said, fighting the loss of his dream girl...accepting Radhika with all her so called flaws (they might not be flaws to us but to him they are) might mean accepting that his flawless dreamgirl does not exist in reality.
-  i was interested in seeing rads reaction today ... she is still on her mission of getting rohan and dadaji better and thinks that everything will be alright after that ... i do hope this incident where dev crossed the line and physically pushed her out makes her ignore him....I think she ignored him in the kitchen...she might continue on her belief that if she makes Rohan and dadaji well KK will accept her until she realises that this guy is not KK but Dev and for that most probably she has to witness how these people really treat him with all the insults.
-  it is interesting that dev acknowledges that he loves her, faults and all but does not want to be married to her ... rads on the other hand, is still in love with KK and wants to be married to KK ... but does not know or love the real Dev at all...yes....if Dev wants to marry this Radhika and if Radhika realises who the real Dev is and loves Dev and not KK...then most probably half of the story has finished  ðŸ˜‰
-  they have shown rads to be spunky so far ... so i hope they continue showing that ... she should keep her distance from dev ...yes
-  mohini is an interesting character ... and daima seems to be lining up to support rads ...yes ...daima is turning out ti be a shrewd character who needs someone stronger to use as support.

Anyway, they have a lot of things to play with and I hope they continue to keep the pace slow and steady and interesting  ... and bring some of these tracks to good emotional closure when they do ....yes

the abrupt ending seems to have been the channel's fault ... if they had a lot of advts to cover they could have ended with rads trying to talk to dadaji and then frozen on her seeing BB coming in through the door .
yes
.. i thought the editors were very good last week ... why the sudden change again???
No clue why where they changed...they were quite good last week compared to what they had before.

misti73 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: why6

Misti, I think they are going with that.  So he overheard this conversation in the kitchen where Radhika was telling the right way to make ladoos for a particular puja Padma wanted to do for Rohan.  So here Dev knew that Radhika was unaware of his presence and hence there was some realization that Radhika was doing her puja (something important to her) and also making sure that the ladoos were made properly without any hidden motive (coming close to Dev) as she was not even aware that Dev was there.
 Then probably that scene with Maheswari where Radhika argued for Dadaji on something that hadn't even occured to him.  They cut the episode but it is likely that Maheswari made Dadaji sick by putting something in the milk (her punishment for him moving his hand).  So maybe Radhika cancelling her visit to her home for Dadaji may make him realize how much Radhika cared for Dadaji.   So yes,  this track is probably going where Dev is realizing Radhika's worth and starts softening towards her.  

Yes...Radhika should just ignore him and do what she has to do...today in the kitchen she did not pay him much attention and that worked. He gets very defensive when he perceives that Radhika is doing all this to get him...because that to him might mean that it is a plan, whereas him observing Radhika being Radhika shows him the real person and since he is not on his guard he might be able to think.. Now even if he throws a fit or becomes displeased because Rohan is following her around, Radhika should again ignore Dev...no smiles at him. The smiles were needed to push his buttons but now she needs to back off.

I do hope that his questioning or arrival of his alter ego is based on Radhika's actions and his own actions.  Rohan telling the truth should come when he has already done a lot of introspection and is questioning his own set of beliefs.  No matter what,  Dev is a hero and his journey or his growth should not be a function of somebody telling him the truth or Radhika proving herself over and over again.  It should come from his own observations, intelligence and ability to question himself and learning from his mistakes.   So if Radhika's actions or Radhika helps him in this journey, it is fine.  But taking Rohan's word over Radhika's doesn't sit too well with me.
Yes to your underlined part...and then it also will be spiritual love, Rohan or anyone else other than Radhika making him realise the truth will be going against the spiritual love concept. 

I guess sometimes I do just because Dev of CB1 was so sensitive to others' pains (it wasn't only Radhika even though she came way above anyone).  But I also meant Dev here in CB2.  He was shown to have empathy in the earlier episodes.  So this extreme self-centered behavior where there was no regard for Radhika's feelings even before the accident seems a little too much.  Also, no matter what people don't want Dev to be a weak character and has to be shown taking some charge here.  His remorse can not totally come at Radhika's expense (where she is hurt or leaves the house).  It has to be him too who initiates some change because he has an open mind and starts going back to his instincts.
 Well he was shown to have empathy towards Radhika in the earlier episode because she did not threaten his beliefs and his obligation towards his family...she was his dreamgirl...the situation has changed now...well he did feel sad that he was making Radhika do something that is going against he Tapsya but when she became a hindrance to his sense of obligationthen he changed...Since he is supposed to do stuff for Rohan without thinking about his own feelings, he wanted his dreamgirl to do the same for him. Having said all this I do hope that the makersof this show and the channel do not push Dev too much...because as I have said before he is competing with Dev of season 1, so they have to be very careful here...Anyway they were ping ponging with Dev just after the leap (from leap to his visit to Rawal with the shagun)...what they are showing now is much more closer to how a person of his upbringing will behave.

Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
bholabear thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Great analysis Misti and Why6! Loved reading it. Its like being apart from the story rather than being involved and immersed in it, and looking and analysing the characters' expressions and actions. Really like the way you guys do it.
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Wonderful comments Misti with a melodramatic start but I think u leave the melodrama to the CMs ðŸ˜† anyway I was somehow expecting this from Dev he cant change so fast and the scene  toldthe audience that he still loves the Radhika.Liked the way Radhika goes about everything in a very confident and pratical way and shows the zombies PF family has become nodding their heads to BB and whatever she is feeding them. No wonder BB is on her high horse and does not let anyone talk or listen to any one.

well Mohini is actually not silly, she has far more presence of mind than the others but her downfall are her jealousy towards Radhika and herself importance...it's interesting watching Mohini and how she swings between these two points in her characterization.

I am liking Mohini's role may be she will be the nemisis for her o Jee and sasuma who do not have the intelligence or perception she has but the way she talks appears silly and frivolous to them so they ignore her. but Dev always appears alert to her talk and uske kaan khade ho jate hai😆 listening to her dialogues.

Shanti should be up to something... she is still after Devs marriage to Chanda...wonder whats going to happen here...Shanti wants money from the purohits...Shanti wants Chanda and Dev marriage, badi bahu wants to avoid anymore marriage talks and badi bahu wants to find out what is Radhika's weakness.     

Shanti has found BB avoiding her I wont be surprised if she lands up in PB on some excuse and try to squeeze BB and she does seem to find some ways for doing that.😆

Dev subconsciously is softening towards Radhika...his expression softens when he overhears Radhikas talk regarding what else to put in the ladoo (don't know whether the stuff that Radhika said here comes from chunnu munnu's magical hat or not)...I mean to get Rohan well soon...it is better that Radhika stops pursuing Dev or lets him feels in any way that she is doing all this to deliberately get close to Dev. He also did not get angry when Radhika was putting her points regarding ayurveda...maybe being objective and not pushing her view worked...she did talk logically and pointed out something that Dev missed taking into consideration, that dadaji alive but he is not independent. Also amma supported Radhika that might have meant something.

I think this talk will slowly lead every one to rethink specially Dev about DDG treatment. The reason why the episode seemed to end was there were lot of commercials yesterday and the time was up in fact it was 2 minutes more then the usual time. so they must have ended it abruptly.

misti73 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bholabear

Great analysis Misti and Why6! Loved reading it. Its like being apart from the story rather than being involved and immersed in it, and looking and analysing the characters' expressions and actions. Really like the way you guys do it.

Thanks Bholabear...Glad that you liked it.
misti73 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: chalhov

Wonderful comments Misti with a melodramatic start but I think u leave the melodrama to the CMs ðŸ˜† 

Yeh I know😉...regarding the melodrama, I should leave it to Chunnu munnu and not spoil their expert touch.😃

anyway I was somehow expecting this from Dev he cant change so fast and the scene  toldthe audience that he still loves the Radhika.Liked the way Radhika goes about everything in a very confident and pratical way and shows the zombies PF family has become nodding their heads to BB and whatever she is feeding them. No wonder BB is on her high horse and does not let anyone talk or listen to any one.
Yes...that scene did tell the audience that he loves her and gave the reason why he is still fighting it...and yes change in him should not happen very quickly. The family members are really zombies, nodding to everything that the bb has said ...very strange family where no one fights, no one protests...

I am liking Mohini's role may be she will be the nemisis for her o Jee and sasuma who do not have the intelligence or perception she has but the way she talks appears silly and frivolous to them so they ignore her. but Dev always appears alert to her talk and uske kaan khade ho jate hai😆 listening to her dialogues.
Mohini is entertaining to watch...you are right because of her silliness and jealousy people do not take her seriously but she does see things that others don't and it is funny that Dev gets what she saying... ðŸ˜ƒ

Shanti has found BB avoiding her I wont be surprised if she lands up in PB on some excuse and try to squeeze BB and she does seem to find some ways for doing that.😆 
Shanti will definitely be upto something...won't be surprised if she lands in Purohit Bhavan. 

I think this talk will slowly lead every one to rethink specially Dev about DDG treatment. The reason why the episode seemed to end was there were lot of commercials yesterday and the time was up in fact it was 2 minutes more then the usual time. so they must have ended it abruptly.
Ah ...thanks for telling me about the commercials...well that shows that they were careless and did not pay attention to the length of the scenes.

radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,

Thanks for your comments not only for today but for those days when I did not comment too.😃

Dev is in the love trap and it is better so that there is chance for Radhika to be saved in the future.  If he keeps fighting against his feelings then he will end up doing nothing and it will be difficult for him in the future.  So Dev softening little by little is okay but definitely needed.  For realisation to happen----one/some/all of these things may have to happen---1) Rohan says his marriage with Radhika happened---biggest jolt for Dev.  2)  Radhika threatening to take serious steps if Dev does not open his mouth 3)  Some serious threat to Radhika from Rohan and Dev saves her and realises what he could have lost 4)  Everyone blaming Dev for being ready to sacrifice and spoil 3 lives in the bargain.  5)  realisation of how knowledge of only some information can be dangerous in lieu of what BB has been portraying to the outer world.  Realisation, guilt, remorse and then the emergence of a new Dev is an exclusive growth track for him.

Radhika has been amazing.  She is an extremely strong woman but pretty naive from the POV of being worldly wise.  She has realised very quickly that Dadaji has to recover too if she has to make any inroads with her KK.  With the suggestion for the Ayurveda treatment radhika has won the battle because she has forced BB to accept this treatment using Dadai's welfare as paramount.  I would like to see how radhika can now prevent BB from giving the allopathy treatment.

Just wondering what role will dadaji play once he recovers.  I would dearly love radhika to say that she did not marry rohan and she only came to help out this family.  she can repeat that she is in love with somebody, ---dadji can ask her to marry Dev and she can turn down saying that she loves someone else ---it is her KK and leave the house.  Dev can do the chasing with all the revenge scenarios set up for him.  I would want Dadaji also to support Radhika and admonish Dev for being so stubborn and abusive towards Radhika.

They can take the story in a nice way, they have loads of tracks.  Mohini is my favourite nowadays and she and her dialogues are
really very entertaining.  Viraat is going to put his mother in the wheel-chair, that day is not far off.😉 

misti73 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: radha_bilahari

Misti,

Thanks for your comments not only for today but for those days when I did not comment too.😃
You are welcome Radha.

Dev is in the love trap and it is better so that there is chance for Radhika to be saved in the future.  If he keeps fighting against his feelings then he will end up doing nothing and it will be difficult for him in the future.  So Dev softening little by little is okay but definitely needed. 
Yes...and self realisation should be more effective... 
 For realisation to happen----one/some/all of these things may have to happen---1) Rohan says
 his marriage with Radhika happened---biggest jolt for Dev. 
Well that will happen ...otherwise how will Dev get to know the real Rohan, the one who is selfish and self-centered...he has his blinkers on regarding Rohan...but Rohan can switch later too. I hope they keep him as grey, one who is angry now but might later change, instead of negative.
 2)  Radhika threatening to take serious steps if Dev does not open his mouth
Would prefer that she leaves...and hope this is used as a developement in Radhika...she has a tendency to be too goal oriented and not think about the larger picture and the consequences of her action.   
3)  Some serious threat to Radhika from Rohan and Dev saves her and realises what he could have lost
Yes...and opening his eyes to the reality of Rohan.
 4)  Everyone blaming Dev for being ready to sacrifice and spoil 3 lives in the bargain. 
Yes and someone standing up for Dev and showing them why he did that...my candidate is Radhika...and then she can leave.  
5)  realisation of how knowledge of only some information can be dangerous in lieu of what BB has been portraying to the outer world.  Realisation, guilt, remorse and then the emergence of a new Dev is an exclusive growth track for him.
Yes.

Radhika has been amazing.  She is an extremely strong woman but pretty naive from the POV of being worldly wise.  She has realised very quickly that Dadaji has to recover too if she has to make any inroads with her KK.  With the suggestion for the Ayurveda treatment radhika has won the battle because she has forced BB to accept this treatment using Dadai's welfare as paramount.  I would like to see how radhika can now prevent BB from giving the allopathy treatment.
Radhika is strong but again too goal oriented and one can say that she is naive. I think the writers did not show her realisation regarding Shanti (I mean Shanti hoodwinking her regarding the shagun) because if they had shown it there then they could not have shown Radhika as naive here. There she overlooked how Shanti used her and just concentrated on finding the identity of KK and here she overlooked the fact that what will happen if Rohan wakes up and refuses to support her...and just focussed on getting KK again. She has a strong belief on Kanha and thats why she is doing all this anf hopes that Dev will support her but hoping for a retribution for her...Kanha should not rush and save her...let her face the consequences and Kanha will protect her.  

Just wondering what role will dadaji play once he recovers.  I would dearly love radhika to say that she did not marry rohan and she only came to help out this family.  she can repeat that she is in love with somebody, ---dadji can ask her to marry Dev and she can turn down saying that she loves someone else ---it is her KK and leave the house.  Dev can do the chasing with all the revenge scenarios set up for him.  I would want Dadaji also to support Radhika and admonish Dev for being so stubborn and abusive towards Radhika.
Dadaji should scold him but should also understand why Dev did what he did...andyes regarding Radhika leaving.

They can take the story in a nice way, they have loads of tracks.  Mohini is my favourite nowadays and she and her dialogues are
really very entertaining.  Viraat is going to put his mother in the wheel-chair, that day is not far off.😉 
Oh I am waiting for Virat putting the bb in the wheelchair...that will be the karmic circle.😃...Mihini entertains me a lot.

Previous
1 2 3
Next