Posted: 12 years ago

Nahiii...Nahiii...Nahii...oh sorry I am trying to be melodramatic...😳...Dev doing 180 degree turns...90 degrees turn between dialogues made me very excited and hence my try at melodrama...😳...oh director jee...my head started spinning here......So Dev is angry at her because he thinks that Radhika is the reason behind everything happening wrong in the family. For me it is misplaced anger and as per characterization goes it is ok...a person has to be very strong and very mature to accept his mistake and Dev has not reached that stage yet...I mean to accept that he has also got a role to play in this fiasco. Radhika has been pushing him to come out of his comfort zone and now the realisation that he loves Radhika and his anger at himself for still loving her is making him very defensive. He also might be feeling guilty for betraying his family. I really hope that Radhika backs off from directly chasing him because him being defensive and his stubborn nature will not make him listen to reason from her. He did not also realize that what he did with Radhika...I mean push her out of the room was physical abuse...and he has not apologized for it...wonder how low will he fall before his own eyes for him to realize this. Since he has accepted that he loves Radhika and now is going to be fighting with himself and in the process being pulled apart...wonder if he is  also fighting the loss of Radhika as his dreamgirl and the acknowledgement of her as a real living person, because his dreamgirl is perfect, while Radhika the human being is not and yet he loves the Radhika who is a human being. Anyway, will have to see more to decide on the last part.

Radhika in her room still believes that if she Rohan then only Dev's hatred for her will decrease...it might but will that be true love? She also thinks that she will have to cure dadaji and maybe that's the reason why dadaji spoke to her. It will be love that has a condition attached to it...I hope she realizes that and if everyone become ok, she leaves this family and goes somewhere else as part of that realization. Interestingly in the last part of the episode Radhika openly states why she thinks that the current medication is not working and being an outsider she finds a loophole to Dev's argument that since badi bahu has employed the best doctor the medicine is ok and it has not harmed dadaji and he is alive...Radhika's counter argument that yes he is alive but he is just a vegetable and dependent on everyone else. Radhikas logical justification for ayurveda, amma's support in trying... makes badi bahu take a step back and says fine lets do it...she had no answer to Radhikas logic...but in the room when Virat rightly points out that Radhika is not an idiot and she will become a problem later on...the badi bahu is back on her high horse and continues saying that Radhika is very innocent and that they will not stop the current medication...that will continue but others will not notice...and in this way Radhika will fail. But if a person knows ayurveda shouldn't she be able to guess that if a medication is failing then that means either the medicine is not right or something else is happening? I mean is she again digging a hole for herself? She also missed out something else...that inspite of being a newly wedded bride whose "husband" is now behaving like a child and who is being insulted regularly in front of the family...instead of being demoralized and quiet, Radhika has enough courage and self belief to speak up regarding alternate treatment for dadaji.  Well badi  bahu herself told Radhika to not believe that she is the reason regarding everything wrong happening few days back...now sit in your hole, I mean badi bahu. Anyway badi bahu wants to find out what is Radhikas weakness...well that is Radhikas belief that Dev is KK (I mean she still has not realized that KK is hidden somewhere in Dev) and that if she does all this then he will forgive her. Interesting chunnu munnu.

Mansaram and Shantis argument was also interesting...Shanti as usual wants payment from Radhika for taking care of her, educating her and feeding her...because according to her that is Radhikas duty...Mansaram rightly points out to her that when we have children then it is the duty of the parent to bring that child up and not to expect return from the child as the parents right because they have spent money and time on the child...and then goes on to say that she will also expect her own birth children too to pay for the milk that she has fed them...in one way saying that he is aware that she will use Radhika and she will also use her birth children. Which is quite true...Shanti has been doing this all through her life...she has used Radhika and her own children to get what she wants and to emotionally blackmail Mansaram...but this time he puts his foot down because he knows that Radhika will help them in any way she can if she gets to know of this and she already has enough in her hands so he wants her to be free from her own family regarding responsibilities. He tells her not to talk to Radhika about this which goes tangentially to Shanti who ends up calling badi bahu only to be rebuked by her. Shanti should be up to something... she is still after Devs marriage to Chanda...wonder whats going to happen here...Shanti wants money from the purohits...Shanti wants Chanda and Dev marriage, badi bahu wants to avoid anymore marriage talks and badi bahu wants to find out what is Radhika's weakness.      

At the end its back to Mohini...who is very proud of herself that she can make the perfect ladoo πŸ˜†, then gets miffed that Radhika is stealing the limelight in her laddo expert designation and then she is the only person who remarks to Dev that why is standing outside the room quietly listening their conversation and saying whether he is spying on them ...also her jealousy made her speak up to ridicule Radhika and her ayurveda talk which led Virat to underestimate Mohini and tell her to leave the room when she again rightly pointed out that why are Virat and badi bahu so worried about ayurveda?...liked the choice of dialogues here...whether they are worried because it is bitter...she meant the taste of medicine but it can also mean whether the outcome of ayurveda working will turn out to be one bitter experience for these two...and whether they are worried because it is expensive...again it might be whether ayurveda working might be and expensive lesson to these two and at the end of which they might loose everything...Virat says that Mohini is silly but Radhka is not...well Mohini is actually not silly, she has far more presence of mind than the others but her downfall are her jealousy towards Radhika and herself importance...it's interesting watching Mohini and how she swings between these two points in her characterization.

Dev subconsciously is softening towards Radhika...his expression softens when he overhears Radhikas talk regarding what else to put in the ladoo (don't know whether the stuff that Radhika said here comes from chunnu munnu's magical hat or not)...I mean to get Rohan well soon...it is better that Radhika stops pursuing Dev or lets him feels in any way that she is doing all this to deliberately get close to Dev. He also did not get angry when Radhika was putting her points regarding ayurveda...maybe being objective and not pushing her view worked...she did talk logically and pointed out something that Dev missed taking into consideration, that dadaji alive but he is not independent. Also amma supported Radhika that might have meant something.

Anyway all the actors were good...on the whole interesting episode...chunnu munnu dropped quite a few red herring and some carrots...I will wait for chunnu munnu to show us which is what...πŸ˜‰... 

By the way...again problems in transmission? And the editors have again changed...now it is Santosh Sigh and Vikas Jha.

Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
nice analysis misti, i see the direct telecast on tv but somehow it seems incomplete without reading ur thoughts, very gr8 job indeed.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Originally posted by august123

nice analysis misti, i see the direct telecast on tv but somehow it seems incomplete without reading ur thoughts, very gr8 job indeed.
πŸ‘

Thanks august. Glad that you liked it.πŸ˜ƒ
we love reading ur post...gr8 postπŸ‘πŸ‘...yes there was again probs in transmission...why all these things r happening wid cbπŸ₯Ί...
exactly don't know how many times dev's mind ,heart is going to rotate and wheather clockwise or counter clockwise
and exactly if its depend on condition then its not true love.but i think rads mean she can get out her kk from dev by all that rohan care dadaji care

u know by apologizing talk of dev ,it eminded me cb1.he used to ask sorry for a small very small misunderstand also and here he physically abused.i think now rads should take  another way for getting her kk back at least not chasing yaar

rads suggesting about ayurved was actually next win against bb but poor her,she is thinking nave of her still.i don't know when is he going to realize sometimes i wonder how can she run RP for 12 years na.
i didn't saw last part actually but it seems very interesting and at least dev was not angry ,he was putting his view while rads her own only.

i think this suggestions of rads care about family will definitely sooth out dev's anger but point is then how will he accept her only wheather they will fight together or here also rads will do something.

interesting episode with rads success

Originally posted by misti73

Nahiii''Nahiii'Nahii'..oh sorry I am trying to be melodramatic'😳..Dev doing 180 degree turns'90 degrees turn between dialogues made me very excited and hence my try at melodrama'πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›'.oh director jee''my head started spinning here''.So Dev is angry at her because he thinks that Radhika is the reason behind everything happening wrong in the family. For me it is misplaced anger and as per characterization goes it is ok'..a person has to be very strong and very mature to accept his mistake and Dev has not reached that stage yet''..I mean to accept that he has also got a role to play in this fiasco. Radhika has been pushing him to come out of his comfort zone and now the realisation that he loves Radhika and his anger at himself for still loving her is making him very defensive. He also might be feeling guilty for betraying his family. I really hope that Radhika backs off from directly chasing him because him being defensive and his stubborn nature will not make him listen to reason from her. He did not also realize that what he did with Radhika'.I mean push her out of the room was physical abuse''.and he has not apologized for it'..wonder how low will he fall before his own eyes for him to realize this. Since he has accepted that he loves Radhika and now is going to be fighting with himself and in the process being pulled apart'.wonder if is he also fighting the loss of Radhika as his dreamgirl and the acknowledgement of her as a real living person, because his dreamgirl is perfect, while Radhika the human being is not and yet he loves the Radhika who is a human being. Anyway, will have to see more to decide on the last part.

Misti, Interesting episode even though the channel cut it off.  The turnabout was too melodramatic for me.  But found it acceptable that Dev is still in denial.  So the physical abuse made him admit only his feelings for Radhika but he is fighting them.  He still is blind to his own mistakes.  He is blaming Radhika for the family's unhappiness.  But is it Radhika's responsibility to make his family happy?  She did not want to marry Rohan, yet he forced her to go through that ceremony.  So even if that accident hadn't happened,  neither Radhika nor Rohan would be happy because Rohan wants Radhika to love him.  If the marriage was Rohan's only objective, he could have easily continued with the wedding.  So he would have been miserable when Radhika wouldn't love him.  Anyway, this hasn't occured to Dev.  So coming back to Dev,  it seems a long way for him to get to that realization.  But again it seems that creatives are going towards a track where Radhika does things and that makes Dev realize her worth.   The audience won't like it as they are expecting a spiritual story.

Misti,  I am not sure if the creatives can write anything complex the way you are analyzing Dev's feelings.  To me he is falling everyday the way he acts with Radhika.  But what is the bottom?  He is still coming across very one-dimensional in his reactions to me.  It is all about him and his family.  There is not even a slight feeling of guilt that probably it is not all Radhika's fault.  Somehow that doesn't sound plausible to me.  Neither was his absence of even a remote feeling of remorse for mistreating Radhika.  Yes, he hurt his hand, but that is not remorse.  That is hurting somebody he loves.  He still feels that Radhika deserved that abuse.  That is somehow not acceptable to me at least not from a character like Dev.  Now if they show later on his remorse at how he treated Radhika because he didn't want to face his own actions, then it would be ok.  But I don't trust creatives in that.  They are going to show Radhika's sacrifices for the family, Dev realizing it and suddenly falling for Radhika again.  He would be shown to apologize to Radhika for few minutes and then it would be all forgotton and forgiven under the guise of "becoming angry for the sake of the family who did so much for him."

Radhika in her room still believes that if she Rohan then only Dev's hatred for her will decrease'.it might but will that be true love? She also thinks that she will have to cure dadaji and maybe that's the reason why dadaji spoke to her. It will be love that has a condition attached to it'..I hope she realizes that and if everyone become ok, she leaves this family and goes somewhere else as part of that realization.

Today,  I had problem with Radhika too.  She is shown to buy into Dev's blame game and seems to be accepting of this conditional love.  They have to show her realizing that if Dev loves her after she proves her worth to him,  she would be doing for the rest of her life.  They had a nice line in CB1 when Shastriji told Dev (that nice episode between Vaishali, Shastriji and Dev) that his daughter is asked to prove his value again and again to be considered worthy of being DIL of PF.   Then he asked if Radhika would have to prove herself infinite times and Dev told him emphatically that Radhika wouldn't have to prove anymore and he would walk out on his family if they didn't accept her.  So Radhika has to understand that if Dev's acceptance of her is based on what she can do for the family, then tomorrow he would ask for something else.  As  a follower of Kanha, she should help Dadaji because he asked her for it.  But then she should just leave without asking anything in return.    Dev has to realize how wrong he was in his behavior.  Radhika has to leave him because his love is very destructive right now and it is not a healthy relationship between the two people.  When she excuses his abuse by stating that it is her fault for Rohan to be in this condition, then she is enabling Dev's abuse of her.  Of course she is very young too and also her education has been such where  she is supposed to accept her husband's treatment.   Hopefully she can realize that Dev's behavior is destructive and for his own good she needs to leave him.

Another thing is this Dadaji's cure.  I don't want creatives to justify by giving these dialogues to either Dev or Radhika that it was Kanha who wanted her to come to this house as Rohan's wife in order for her to cure Dadaji.  But I have a feeling that this is where it is going.  The argument would be that Mahewari wouldn't have agreed to Radhika's requests if she wasn't the "CB". 

Interestingly in the last part of the episode Radhika openly states why she thinks that the current medication is not working and being an outsider she finds a loophole to Dev's argument that since badi bahu has employed the best doctor the medicine is ok and it has not harmed dadaji and he is alive'..Radhika's counter argument that yes he is alive but he is just a vegetable and dependent on everyone else. Radhikas logical justification for ayurveda, amma's support in trying'. makes badi bahu take a step back and says fine lets do it'.she had no answer to Radhikas logic'..but in the room when Virat rightly points out that Radhika is not an idiot and she will become a problem later on'the badi bahu is back on her high horse and continues saying that Radhika is very innocent and that they will not stop the current medication'that will continue but others will not notice 'and in this way Radhika will fail. But if a person knows ayurveda shouldn't she be able to guess that if a medication is failing then that means either the medicine is not right or something else is happening? I mean is she again digging a hole for herself? She also missed out something else'that inspite of being a newly wedded bride whose "husband" is now behaving like a child and who is being insulted regularly in front of the family'.instead of being demoralized and quiet, Radhika has enough courage and self belief to speak up regarding alternate treatment for dadaji.  Well badi  bahu herself told Radhika to not believe that she is the reason regarding everything wrong happening few days back'now sit in your hole, I mean badi bahu. Anyway badi bahu wants to find out what is Radhikas weakness'well that is Radhikas belief that Dev is KK (I mean she still has not realized that KK is hidden somewhere in Dev) and that if she does all this then he will forgive her. Interesting chunnu munnu.

I liked the kitchen scene where Dev is shown to have a soft expression.  They showed that even though he is talking about not forgiving her, he in his heart can not stay away from her and actually does want to listen to her conversation.  Mohini was right about that.  Maheswari is an idiot because as you mentioned she can't figure out that Radhika is not meek at all.  She doesn't speak up when people abuse her because she is used to Shanti's abuse and her treatment is to ignore it.  This is not at all realistic because I have seen it with many quiet people who don't have the capacity to fight in a trashy manner.  They would keep silent when people go on their tirades.  But they speak up at the right time without shouting and for something they truly believe in.  Then they are very forceful.  So those people are actually more strong than the ones who shout.  Here Radhika is doing the same.  She used to keep quiet when Shanti would go on her tirade.  Here she does the same when Dev and Padma do so.  Dev shouts a lot but he is not effective.  He never thought that maybe Dadaji should have an alternate treatment.  It took Radhika to point it out to him.  But I liked his reaction where for once he was calm and seemed to be listening to Radhika as Dadaji is important to him.

Virat is smarter than Maheswari and has realized that Radhika is doing what she wants to do.  Maheswari can not see that Radhika is not really supported by anybody in the family and yet is courageous enough to ask for stuff that she herself had forbidden in the house.

Now they are showing this money issue with Mansa and Shanti.  So again Maheswari may be looking in the wrong direction for Radhika's weakness whereas the weakness is in her house (Dev).   They have a lot of potential with this track and can have an interesting track.  But they have to be careful with their script.  They tend to go into ridiculous in one minute.

Liked Dadaji's smiling at Radhika when she entered the room.  Dadaji confided in Radhika not only because she was an outsider but also because he knows that she is resourceful and determined.  She came to convince Dev two days before the wedding.  Also she told Dadaji that there is more to her marriage than meets the eyes.  So it is likely that Dadaji has figured out that Radhika is not married to Rohan.  I like Dadaji and Radhika's chemistry and would like to see Dev jealous of it. 

Maheswari is digging her hole and her giving medicines to Dadaji would let Radhika know that Maheswari may be up to something.  Today she publicly agreed to stop giving medicine to Dadaji.  But once Radhika either sees her doing so or guesses it because of her ayurvedic knowledge, then this would arouse Radhika's suspicion.

I didn't comment on your statement about not showing a sudden miracle for Dadaji on Friday.  But I too am glad that they are showing it more logically where Dadaji can speak but hasn't been able to because of this temporary medicinal effects adn also because he hasn't been able to excercise his vocal chortds.  So even ayurvedic medicine is shown logically where Radhika decides to go to this as an alternate solution.  People in real life do that frequently. 

Mansaram and Shantis argument was also interesting'..Shanti as usual wants payment from Radhika for taking care of her, educating her and feeding her''because according to her that is Radhikas duty'..Mansaram rightly points out to her that when we have children then it is the duty of the parent to bring that child up and not to expect return from the child as the parents right because they have spent money and time on the child. '.and then goes on to say that she will also expect her own birth children too to pay for the milk that she has fed them'.in one way saying that he is aware that she will use Radhika and she will also use her birth children. Which is quite true'Shanti has been doing this all through her life'.she has used Radhika and her own children to get what she wants and to emotionally blackmail Mansaram. 'but this time he puts his foot down because he knows that Radhika will help them in any way she can if she gets to know of this and she already has enough in her hands so he wants her to be free from her own family regarding responsibilities. He tells her not to talk to Radhika about this which goes tangentially to Shanti who ends up calling badi bahu only to be rebuked by her. Shanti should be up to something'.. she is still after Devs marriage to Chanda''wonder whats going to happen here'Shanti wants money from the purohits'..Shanti wants Chanda and Dev marriage, badi bahu wants to avoid anymore marriage talks and badi bahu wants to find out what is Radhika's weakness.      

I just hope they don't spoil Dev's character totally at this point.  But Badi bahu may mistake this family's financial status as Radhika's weakness where she would try to help her family.  I liked Mansaram today where he was firm about not asking Radhika for help and not expecting children to payback   Shanti was good too because her dialogues go with her charaacter. 
It would be nice to see Shanti and BB's faceoff where BB may end up helping Shanti in order to control Radhika that wouldn't happen because Radhika's only weakness is Dev.

At the end its back to Mohini'..who is very proud of herself that she can make the perfect ladoo πŸ˜†, then gets miffed that Radhika is stealing the limelight in her laddo expert designation and then she is the only person who remarks to Dev that why is standing outside the room quietly listening their conversation and saying whether he is spying on them (Dev and Radhika both got her )'..also her jealousy made her speak up to ridicule Radhika and her ayurveda talk which led Virat to underestimate Mohini and tell her to leave the room when she again rightly pointed out that why are Virat and badi bahu so worried about ayurveda?'''liked the choice of dialogues here'.whether they are worried because it is bitter'''..she meant the taste of medicine but it can also mean whether the outcome of ayurveda working will turn out to be one bitter experience for these two'''''and whether they are worried because it is expensive'again it might be whether ayurveda working might be and expensive lesson to these two and at the end of which they might loose everything'..Virat says that Mohini is silly but Radhka is not'.well Mohini is actually not silly, she has far more presence of mind than the others but her downfall are her jealousy towards Radhika and herself importance'.it's interesting watching Mohini and how she swings between these two points in her characterization.

Yes, Mohini is pretty good.  They cut the scene but her quip about Radhika going for pagphera after all time gave an opening to Radhika to refuse the trip.  She wants to stay back because of Dadaji.  Her taunt to Dev was good and he got it as usual.  But she is very jealous and again may end up helping Radhika by giving her information.

Dev subconsciously is softening towards Radhika'his expression softens when he overhears Radhikas talk regarding what else to put in the ladoo (don't know whether the stuff that Radhika said here comes from chunnu munnu's magical hat or not)'.I mean to get Rohan well soon'.it is better that Radhika stops pursuing Dev or lets him feels in any way that she is doing all this to deliberately get close to Dev. He also did not get angry when Radhika was putting her points regarding ayurveda''maybe being objective and not pushing her view worked'.she did talk logically and pointed out something that Dev missed taking into consideration, that dadaji alive but he is not independent. Also amma supported Radhika that might have meant something.

Don't know about either the festival (or the auspicious day) or the ingredients in it.  Knowing chunnu munnu's penchant for creating rituals and superstitions,  it may be coming from their own book.  They can really release a new book on all of this stuff.  I liked Radhika not looking at him after the initial response.  They showed Dev getting impressed with Radhika's knowledge and to me he seemed more objective because it was for Dadaji and Radhika had a valid point.  But also because Radhika seems quite knowledgeable to him.  Him falling for Radhika slowly as he gets to know her qualities is acceptable because this way he is getting to know real Radhika and getting attracted to somebody real and not just a image.  So again hope they show him coming to the realization of his own behavior before Dadaji and Rohan get cured because his love should not be based on that.  Radhika on the other hand is still in her dreamland and hasn't attempted to know real Dev.  Right now it is not her fault as no use trying to understand such an unreasonable person.  But I also hope they show Radhika backing off.  Anybody with some self-respect would do so after what Dev did to her and didn't express any regret.

Anyway all the actors were good'..on the whole interesting episode'chunnu munnu dropped quite a few red herring and some carrots'..I will wait for chunnu munnu to show us which is what...πŸ˜‰... 

I too liked the actors.  The actors are talented but it is up to the story and script to make it successful.  

By the way...again problems in transmission? And the editors vae again changed...now it is Santosh Sigh and Vikas Jha.

The episode was so badly edited.  They have an interesting episode and they chopped it in the middle.
Edited by why6 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by chymanju7

we love reading ur post...gr8 postπŸ‘πŸ‘...yes there was again probs in transmission...why all these things r happening wid cbπŸ₯Ί...

Thanks for the appreciation chymanju7...don't know why this disruption happened. Is it something to do with this maha sangram thing to be broadcasted today. Looks like they have again been careless with CB.
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
Wonderful commentary Misti ... i too found my head spinning in the beginning of the episode ... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Very interesting episode
-  Good that they are taking it slow with Dev's growth   ...  you covered all points well ... he still has not realized all of the things that he is doing wrong ... will need a lot more visits from his alter-ego before he gets there
-  Loves rads but thinks she is flawed and that she is cheating his family  ... is slowly beginning to like some of the things she does ... but still seems to distrust her
-  he is also in some ways, as you said, fighting the loss of his dream girl
-  i was interested in seeing rads reaction today ... she is still on her mission of getting rohan and dadaji better and thinks that everything will be alright after that ... i do hope this incident where dev crossed the line and physically pushed her out makes her ignore him
-  it is interesting that dev acknowledges that he loves her, faults and all but does not want to be married to her ... rads on the other hand, is still in love with KK and wants to be married to KK ... but does not know or love the real Dev at all
-  they have shown rads to be spunky so far ... so i hope they continue showing that ... she should keep her distance from dev
-  mohini is an interesting character ... and daima seems to be lining up to support rads

Anyway, they have a lot of things to play with and I hope they continue to keep the pace slow and steady and interesting  ... and bring some of these tracks to good emotional closure when they do

the abrupt ending seems to have been the channel's fault ... if they had a lot of advts to cover they could have ended with rads trying to talk to dadaji and then frozen on her seeing BB coming in through the door ... i thought the editors were very good last week ... why the sudden change again???

Edited by rajsri - 12 years ago
Originally posted by ekta_bajaj

exactly don't know how many times dev's mind ,heart is going to rotate and wheather clockwise or counter clockwise
and exactly if its depend on condition then its not true love.but i think rads mean she can get out her kk from dev by all that rohan care dadaji care

Ekta doing all that caring and looking after the family members Radhika can only show Dev that she is not an irresponsible, self centred person that he is imagening her to be...that should make him think that whatever she did during that marriage was out of desperation and not some well thought about action...but the love developed by this will not be true love and how will it get KK out of Dev. Dev already knows that Radhika will do all this because she thinks that she will get him.

u know by apologizing talk of dev ,it eminded me cb1.he used to ask sorry for a small very small misunderstand also and here he physically abused.i think now rads should take  another way for getting her kk back at least not chasing yaar
Yes that is the problem here...I don't know how the makers will deal with it...people will automatically be reminded of Dev in CB1...if they do that then there is a huge problem, but if they just take this Dev as a completely different Dev then is it possible that since Dev has been treated very badly and he most probably has not heard of the word sorry that much...he does not understand that he has crossed a line here...I am just throwing a suggestion here...and Radhka should definitely maintain a distance here.
rads suggesting about ayurved was actually next win against bb but poor her,she is thinking nave of her still.i don't know when is he going to realize sometimes i wonder how can she run RP for 12 years na.
Yes that was my main objection to her being shown as such a great manipulator from the leap to couple of weeks back. A person with her characterisation cannot hoodwink all the people all the time..It is not possible that she has not encountered stress i the 12 years period. After the leap I thought that if she has been successful then there logically there has to be someone who has let her be successful...but then the way badi bahu was artificially build up at the expense of the characters made me realise that they might have messed up her characterisation and my hunch is that the reason behind people leaving watching the show two weeks after the leap was due to the fact that they might not have been able to make any sense of the Purohit family characterisation.
i didn't saw last part actually but it seems very interesting and at least dev was not angry ,he was putting his view while rads her own only.
yes

i think this suggestions of rads care about family will definitely sooth out dev's anger but point is then how will he accept her only wheather they will fight together or here also rads will do something.
Well something drastic might have to happen for him to realise the importance of Radhika in his life...it has to be self realisation otherwise it won't be true love.

interesting episode with rads success
yes

Originally posted by why6

Misti, Interesting episode even though the channel cut it off.  The turnabout was too melodramatic for me.  But found it acceptable that Dev is still in denial.  So the physical abuse made him admit only his feelings for Radhika but he is fighting them.
Yes the physical viloence was the catalyst for him to realise his real feelings for Radhika...and his alter ego made him realise that this love is part of him...and this time he also realised that this love can threaten his sense of obligation towards his family and hence this fight with himself.   
  He still is blind to his own mistakes. 
I don't know whether he is blind to his mistakes or he is refusing to acknowledge his mistakes, because that will make him qustion his beliefs and ethics...
He is blaming Radhika for the family's unhappiness.  But is it Radhika's responsibility to make his family happy?  She did not want to marry Rohan, yet he forced her to go through that ceremony.  So even if that accident hadn't happened,  neither Radhika nor Rohan would be happy because Rohan wants Radhika to love him.  If the marriage was Rohan's only objective, he could have easily continued with the wedding.  So he would have been miserable when Radhika wouldn't love him.  Anyway, this hasn't occured to Dev.  So coming back to Dev,  it seems a long way for him to get to that realization.  But again it seems that creatives are going towards a track where Radhika does things and that makes Dev realize her worth.   The audience won't like it as they are expecting a spiritual story.
All that you have said has not struck him...also he is thinking that (1) Radhika told Rohan about the child marriage deliberately...he does not know that she did not tell Rohan about the child marriage and it was out of desperation... (2) he might be also thinking that Radhika is doing all this deliberately to get him...she is deliberatly accepting all the gifts as the bahu...so if she can enter a house as a marrid woman to get him then she might have also told Rohan to get Dev...maybe all this caring and looking after the family will make Dev realise that Radhika is not self centered and nor is she selfish to think all this...she did what she had to do because she was desperate and because this belief that she has regarding child marriage and him is a part of her. I don't think Radhika telling Dev anything will make any difference...so if change comes in Dev then it should be him noticing how Radhika selflessly takes care of everyone and that should make him think that what he is thinking might not be right...but he will need help of his alter ego. The other optionis Rohan telling him but then it won't be a spiritual story.

Misti,  I am not sure if the creatives can write anything complex the way you are analyzing Dev's feelings.  To me he is falling everyday the way he acts with Radhika.  But what is the bottom?
Radhika leaving him and going away...or Radhika at deaths door ...due to something that he has done.
 He is still coming across very one-dimensional in his reactions to me.  It is all about him and his family.  There is not even a slight feeling of guilt that probably it is not all Radhika's fault.  Somehow that doesn't sound plausible to me.  Neither was his absence of even a remote feeling of remorse for mistreating Radhika.  Yes, he hurt his hand, but that is not remorse.  That is hurting somebody he loves.  He still feels that Radhika deserved that abuse.  That is somehow not acceptable to me at least not from a character like Dev. 
Now if they show later on his remorse at how he treated Radhika because he didn't want to face his own actions, then it would be ok.  But I don't trust creatives in that.  They are going to show Radhika's sacrifices for the family, Dev realizing it and suddenly falling for Radhika again.  He would be shown to apologize to Radhika for few minutes and then it would be all forgotton and forgiven under the guise of "becoming angry for the sake of the family who did so much for him."
Angie by character do you mean Dev as in CB1...because here although I would have liked him to be full of remorse regarding hurting Radhika but does this Dev know that one does not hurt the one who one loves knowingly...he is projecting whatever he has learned regarding relationships from the Purohits on Radhika because that to him is normal...who has taken care of the fact whether he is hurt by anyones action?...Hurting his hand lead to self-realisationa and that as you have pointed out is not remorse...for remorse to come he has to realise that he is wrong and that realisation should take time...as for what the creatives will do it is entirely upto them...they have an interesting track here which they can develop...if they still have not realised seeing the low TRPs that the core audience will not sit around taking crap from them anymore, then I don't think that the future is bright. The playing with Radhika and Dev just after this false wedding brought down the TRPs...they should be aware of this fact...but again its upto them to decide how serious the PH and channel is about this show.

Today,  I had problem with Radhika too.  She is shown to buy into Dev's blame game and seems to be accepting of this conditional love.  They have to show her realizing that if Dev loves her after she proves her worth to him,  she would be doing for the rest of her life.  They had a nice line in CB1 when Shastriji told Dev (that nice episode between Vaishali, Shastriji and Dev) that his daughter is asked to prove his value again and again to be considered worthy of being DIL of PF.   Then he asked if Radhika would have to prove herself infinite times and Dev told him emphatically that Radhika wouldn't have to prove anymore and he would walk out on his family if they didn't accept her.  So Radhika has to understand that if Dev's acceptance of her is based on what she can do for the family, then tomorrow he would ask for something else.  As  a follower of Kanha, she should help Dadaji because he asked her for it.  But then she should just leave without asking anything in return.    Dev has to realize how wrong he was in his behavior.  Radhika has to leave him because his love is very destructive right now and it is not a healthy relationship between the two people.  When she excuses his abuse by stating that it is her fault for Rohan to be in this condition, then she is enabling Dev's abuse of her.  Of course she is very young too and also her education has been such where  she is supposed to accept her husband's treatment.   Hopefully she can realize that Dev's behavior is destructive and for his own good she needs to leave him.
Yes...Radhika is still believing this guy is KK and not Dev and I think most probably because she does not realise how strong is his sense of obligation...I think she will have to see how Dev is really treated to get an idea...and it hopefully they show her leaving after whatever she is supposed to do has become successful. She is overlooking Devs abuse of her because most probably she does not see it as abuse...thats how Shanti treated her and Mansaram taught her to overlook...although he being an adult new exactly what Shanti is about but he did not tell Radhika that one does not overlook abuse all the time...

Another thing is this Dadaji's cure.  I don't want creatives to justify by giving these dialogues to either Dev or Radhika that it was Kanha who wanted her to come to this house as Rohan's wife in order for her to cure Dadaji.  But I have a feeling that this is where it is going.  The argument would be that Mahewari wouldn't have agreed to Radhika's requests if she wasn't the "CB".
Yes...anyway that is in the old owls prediction.

I liked the kitchen scene where Dev is shown to have a soft expression.  They showed that even though he is talking about not forgiving her, he in his heart can not stay away from her and actually does want to listen to her conversation.  Mohini was right about that. 

Yes

Maheswari is an idiot because as you mentioned she can't figure out that Radhika is not meek at all.  She doesn't speak up when people abuse her because she is used to Shanti's abuse and her treatment is to ignore it.

Also because no one told her that one has to protest...she was taught to ignore it and thats what she is doing.

This is not at all realistic because I have seen it with many quiet people who don't have the capacity to fight in a trashy manner.  They would keep silent when people go on their tirades.  But they speak up at the right time without shouting and for something they truly believe in. Then they are very forceful.  So those people are actually more strong than the ones who shout.  Here Radhika is doing the same.  She used to keep quiet when Shanti would go on her tirade.  Here she does the same when Dev and Padma do so.  Dev shouts a lot but he is not effective. 

Personally I cannot generalise how abused people behave as adults...some of them will not protest their own abuse or anything related to abuse when they are at the center of it but they will speak up when it is to do with something else...and yes some quiet people also do that. There are loads of peoplewho have been abused as kids but who manage to lead almost normal lives...they are pretty strong, they either do not view what happened to them as kids as abuse or they do not want to deal with it. To me Radhika now seems like the former. Since she had Mansaram's unconditional love and support, that feeling of being taken advantage of most probably did not did not rise in her.

He never thought that maybe Dadaji should have an alternate treatment.  It took Radhika to point it out to him.  But I liked his reaction where for once he was calm and seemed to be listening to Radhika as Dadaji is important to him.

Yes.

Virat is smarter than Maheswari and has realized that Radhika is doing what she wants to do.  Maheswari can not see that Radhika is not really supported by anybody in the family and yet is courageous enough to ask for stuff that she herself had forbidden in the house.
Yes.

Now they are showing this money issue with Mansa and Shanti.  So again Maheswari may be looking in the wrong direction for Radhika's weakness whereas the weakness is in her house (Dev).   They have a lot of potential with this track and can have an interesting track.  But they have to be careful with their script.  They tend to go into ridiculous in one minute.
Yes.

Liked Dadaji's smiling at Radhika when she entered the room.  Dadaji confided in Radhika not only because she was an outsider but also because he knows that she is resourceful and determined.  She came to convince Dev two days before the wedding.  Also she told Dadaji that there is more to her marriage than meets the eyes.  So it is likely that Dadaji has figured out that Radhika is not married to Rohan.  I like Dadaji and Radhika's chemistry and would like to see Dev jealous of it.
Yes...well Dev did lash out because he thought that Radhika is going to take away his time with dadaji...if he realises that dadaji gets on brilliantly with Radhika...fireworks time.

Maheswari is digging her hole and her giving medicines to Dadaji would let Radhika know that Maheswari may be up to something.  Today she publicly agreed to stop giving medicine to Dadaji.  But once Radhika either sees her doing so or guesses it because of her ayurvedic knowledge, then this would arouse Radhika's suspicion.
Yes.

I didn't comment on your statement about not showing a sudden miracle for Dadaji on Friday.  But I too am glad that they are showing it more logically where Dadaji can speak but hasn't been able to because of this temporary medicinal effects adn also because he hasn't been able to excercise his vocal chortds.  So even ayurvedic medicine is shown logically where Radhika decides to go to this as an alternate solution.  People in real life do that frequently.
Yes.
Shanti should be up to something'.. she is still after Devs marriage to Chanda''wonder whats going to happen here'Shanti wants money from the purohits'..Shanti wants Chanda and Dev marriage, badi bahu wants to avoid anymore marriage talks and badi bahu wants to find out what is Radhika's weakness.      

I just hope they don't spoil Dev's character totally at this point.  But Badi bahu may mistake this family's financial status as Radhika's weakness where she would try to help her family.  I liked Mansaram today where he was firm about not asking Radhika for help and not expecting children to payback   Shanti was good too because her dialogues go with her charaacter. 
It would be nice to see Shanti and BB's faceoff where BB may end up helping Shanti in order to control Radhika that wouldn't happen because Radhika's only weakness is Dev.

Yes...

Yes, Mohini is pretty good.  They cut the scene but her quip about Radhika going for pagphera after all time gave an opening to Radhika to refuse the trip.  She wants to stay back because of Dadaji.  Her taunt to Dev was good and he got it as usual.  But she is very jealous and again may end up helping Radhika by giving her information.

Yes I like watching her unknowingly using her brains and also falling for jealousy...

Don't know about either the festival (or the auspicious day) or the ingredients in it.  Knowing chunnu munnu's penchant for creating rituals and superstitions,  it may be coming from their own book.  They can really release a new book on all of this stuff.  I liked Radhika not looking at him after the initial response.  They showed Dev getting impressed with Radhika's knowledge and to me he seemed more objective because it was for Dadaji and Radhika had a valid point.  But also because Radhika seems quite knowledgeable to him.  Him falling for Radhika slowly as he gets to know her qualities is acceptable because this way he is getting to know real Radhika and getting attracted to somebody real and not just a image.  So again hope they show him coming to the realization of his own behavior before Dadaji and Rohan get cured because his love should not be based on that.  Radhika on the other hand is still in her dreamland and hasn't attempted to know real Dev.  Right now it is not her fault as no use trying to understand such an unreasonable person.  But I also hope they show Radhika backing off.  Anybody with some self-respect would do so after what Dev did to her and didn't express any regret.

Yes.

I too liked the actors.  The actors are talented but it is up to the story and script to make it successful. 
Yes...the actors by themselves cannot do much they need something to work with to connect with the audience...and  too much of playing with Dev and Radhika's characterisation will chase the audence away as it did after the false wedding.

The episode was so badly edited.  They have an interesting episode and they chopped it in the middle.
yes.