Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jpalagrawal
After watching today a lot of thoughts came in my head. We are starting a new chapter, no?
2. It seems that Guddu and RJ are still trying to work out differences through subtle cues. I am remembering when Guddu took RJ to the hospital. They did not walk together and looked uncomfortable as they bumped. This is their second outing and things have changed quite a lot. They walk, think and talk as a married couple does. They are in a groove. Guddu who tried to get RJ off his bike, now has a lot more gallantry towards RJ, as we head towards the end of the challenge. He wants to spend time with her and it is obvious that he enjoys her company and her thoughts.
3. RJ has loosened up on the touch issue. Pulling Guddu to her to measure his back, grabbing his arm to show him the store with the shirts were all very warm gestures. It is interesting that Guddu rarely tries to touch RJ, after THE INCIDENT, but RJ often touches him. A signal to him that she is not against his touch. Also he stops the punch to the goon because her hand grabs his.
4. A bit heavy with the preaching today from RJ. It was almost like the creatives really want us to understand the effect RJ has on Guddu.
They really want us to see that Guddu is changing, trying to change to please RJ and forgets the challenge when he is with her. No doubt, this idea will be re-visited later
5. Today Guddu was really egged on by the goons. I thought their taunts to RJ were interesting--that she had married someone so bad and even below her. That was some incredible
self-control by Guddu. He had just said last week that he thought Abhi was a coward for the way that he handled his arguments. But Guddu seemed to have a moment of enlightenment, saying that he knew too that anger would ruin his business. A very big departure from the Gunda code of the streets. I thought how humiliating for him to be told the thing that he may think deep inside--he is not good enough for RJ
6. The clothes thing was interesting. Boy our RJ has no qualms going into awkward territory. The clothes issue was HUGE last week and give the gal some credit, she is still trying to change Guddu's look.
But some nice compromises underneath. She wore what he have her as a gift; she with some feedback from him also bought him a shirt. But the gesture was very personal. She did buy the shirt for Guddu
Looks like we may see another sunny day with couple Tuesday. Today the theme was very much that "Guddu should change." Hopefully tomorrow whatever Guddu shows RJ is something that is unique to him and that needs no changing. Maybe she too should change? is that the message tomorrow?
It looks like the CV's are laying the groundwork of the team work that we saw when they built the IM Center together. The large issues which led to the fight are never addressed. This is a young couple, so that is very possible and realistic. They are showing each other that the other person is important in their own ways.
The small gesture of Guddu holding RJ's bag was sweet. He has never shown any awareness to her in a gentlemanly way.
I do hope RJ learns something from Guddu tomorrow.
All great points jpalagrawal!
Yes, they do seem to be a lot more comfortable with each other, being extra polite and considerate, I'm guessing neither wants a repeat of their last huge fight.
I thought it was really interesting that at the cell phone seller's place, Guddu privately whispered in her ear, and encouraged her to talk to the guy. This was, in my opinion, both a way to encourage Runjhun's confidence and bring her out of her shell, but also a way to show her ownership and equal partnership in their mobile business.
I didn't notice any more preaching than usual from Runjhun. Though the CVs are definitely trying to show how much Guddu can change with Runjhun's help. I hope that tomorrow they will show how Guddu can positively influence her, that Guddu is not the only one who needs to change some of his ways because of their marriage.
I wonder when Guddu and Runjhun will properly deal with their complaints and concerns from their mega fight from earlier, both of their issues are still there underneath all of this new found companionship with one another.
And lastly, I also thought Guddu showed a remarkable amount of restraint with those gundas (gundes?). Their taunts also brought up another possible area of contention in their marriage. Perhaps later on, when Guddu (and maybe Runjhun) have at least self-accepted their feelings for each other, Guddu may not feel that he is worthy enough to be her husband.