Fan Fictions

Pinky & Randhir: It started out with a quip

_.serendipity._ thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

It started out with a quip

Welcome stumblers, curious onlookers and spammed friends 😃

This fanfic is based on Pinky Bose and Randhir Gambhir from 'Aisha.'

I couldn't help but feel, after I'd watched the movie, that it was kinda unfortunate that these two had been sidelined, especially towards the end of the movie. I thought they were by far the most interesting characters of the movie, so I decided to write them a fanfic where they'd be the stars. Which is what brings us here...

If you haven't watched the movie (actually, um, even if you have 😉), I'm posting a video teaser of the electric chemistry they share. Please tell me the video's awesome even if you personally think it sucks 😛 I think I might be slightly touchy to criticism in that domain, even though I find it really lame too ðŸ˜† On the other hand, I love receiving constructive criticism on my writing because it really helps, so, once I do start writing, please don't hold that back 😃 because I'd honestly really, really appreciate it!

By the way, the fanfic does not exactly deviate from the movie. It simply adds in more depth, texture and details to the characters and plot so that Pinky and Randhir can have a full-fledged story of their own.
And if you haven't watched the movie, you'd still be able to follow
without any problem.

I unfortunately have a bunch of tests coming up, which is primarily why I have had this huge burst of creativity thrust upon me, so that I am able to focus on everything but studies 😉 ðŸ˜† But I guess it's time I stopped procrastinating, which means that I will only be posting the first part much later.

Just thought I'd share some kind of intro so long, because I'm just so excited about this 😃 Also, it prevents me from continuing to obsessively edit the video 😛 

Okay so enough blabla.. um, for now 😉

Here's the video teaser. Let me know what you think 😳 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6hlNQL24tg[/YOUTUBE]

*Edited, 24/05*

Love,
Hema

Ps. The title is inspired from the lyrics of 'Mr Brightside' by The Killers, the bit that goes, "it started out with a kiss."

Edited by _.serendipity._ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aish_punk thumbnail

hey hema di...god, you're back! welcome back :D

i have seen the movie, and well, i didn't really like the couple so much, but i loved pinky's character, totally different :)

its great to see you writing something after so longg, so this is a must read!

can i have the direct link to that vid?

best of luck with your exams :)

thanks for the pm ( i got so excited seeing it! lol.)
update soon

Originally posted by: aish_punk

hey hema di...god, you're back! welcome back :D

i have seen the movie, and well, i didn't really like the couple so much, but i loved pinky's character, totally different :)

its great to see you writing something after so longg, so this is a must read!

can i have the direct link to that vid?

best of luck with your exams :)

thanks for the pm ( i got so excited seeing it! lol.)
update soon

Aish!! 😃🤗

You're the first person I thought about when I was re-logging onto IF after so long! You were my first friend here and you will always have a very special place in my heart 😳 It feels sooo nice to read your comment, so sweet as always! 😃

Oh I totally get why you didn't think the couple was interesting.. I thought so too at first, but I don't know why, I also felt that Randhir had more depth than he was shown to have. After all, we see everything from Aisha's pov, and, as with everyone's pov, that can be limited. So yeah I'm plannning to write about Pinky and Randhir's pov, so I can put in a twist to that, while remaining mostly true to the movie's general plot and the other characters. Hopefully something that would make the couple interesting 😉  

(I do realise some of what I just said sounds a bit crazy 😆 because he's just a character and only exists as much as the movie allows him to.. but then, what are fanfics for? 😛😆) 

And thanks for the 'best of luck'.. Really need it!

Thanks again!! 😳

Pooj@ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey! :)
I haven't seen the movie but have read Emma. Can you please tell me which characters from the book they are so I may relate better to the ff?
Thanks a lot, and add me to the PM list, please.
Pooja
Originally posted by: Pooj@

Hey! :)
I haven't seen the movie but have read Emma. Can you please tell me which characters from the book they are so I may relate better to the ff?
Thanks a lot, and add me to the PM list, please.
Pooja

Hey hey 😃
Thank you for commenting!
It's technically Mr Elton and his snobbish wife from 'Emma', but 'Aisha' wasn't exactly faithful to the novel with regard to these two. Pinky is actually Aisha's (ie Emma's) best friend and Randhir isn't money-minded at all, like Mr Elton is. They are both good-natured folks 😊
That said, I don't think it's a prerequisite that the movie be watched in order to relate to the ff.. I won't be taking it for granted that everyone knows what I'm talking about. When I start, that is 😛 Still a lo-o-ong way to go.. Sigh.
But thank you for showing an interest even though I've not posted anything yet 😛 ðŸ˜³
Also, it's great to hear from you after so long! 🤗

Edited by _.serendipity._ - 12 years ago
aish_punk thumbnail
Originally posted by: _.serendipity._

Aish!! 😃🤗

You're the first person I thought about when I was re-logging onto IF after so long! You were my first friend here and you will always have a very special place in my heart 😳 It feels sooo nice to read your comment, so sweet as always! 😃

Oh I totally get why you didn't think the couple was interesting.. I thought so too at first, but I don't know why, I also felt that Randhir had more depth than he was shown to have. After all, we see everything from Aisha's pov, and, as with everyone's pov, that can be limited. So yeah I'm plannning to write about Pinky and Randhir's pov, so I can put in a twist to that, while remaining mostly true to the movie's general plot and the other characters. Hopefully something that would make the couple interesting 😉  

(I do realise some of what I just said sounds a bit crazy 😆 because he's just a character and only exists as much as the movie allows him to.. but then, what are fanfics for? 😛😆) 

And thanks for the 'best of luck'.. Really need it!

Thanks again!! 😳

aww di 🤗 thats so sweet of you. i'll toh never forget you :D and my comments only say what i feel, i have no intentions of being sweet :P

yeah, when i saw the movie, i didn't give much thought to liking the couplee. and thats true about Aisha's POV, maybe thats what made the movie get bad reviews or whatever. .and its great that you're extending the storyline to make it more interesting, and the way you would have wanted it to go! :) ..lol, its not crazyy..im obsessed over a few characters, myself 😳 

oh, you're welcome.im sure you'll do well!

i just saw the video, i loved how you've explained everything, its beautiful :) creating a love story of what no one imagined would be a 'love' story is just amazing, be it any couple! so im really interested to see how you do that..and how different you make it from the movie.

PS: i wanted to wish you on your birthdayy, but i forgot the date, and was busy with school stuff. so im sorry i forgot 😳 

update soon
Rafa.LunaPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ohh-okk! Heyyy Hema! I was surprised with the PM... :-P

I would love to read more..u always did write very beautifully. I have read Emma..not watched the movie...but pertaining to yr previous post seems like I'll be able to make out wht follows! :-)
Liked the video too...its sweet!

Welcome back!
Update me with Pm's :P
~A