Pinky & Randhir: It started out with a quip

_.serendipity._ Senior Member
_.serendipity._
_.serendipity._

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged

It started out with a quip

Welcome stumblers, curious onlookers and spammed friends Big smile

This fanfic is based on Pinky Bose and Randhir Gambhir from 'Aisha.'

I couldn't help but feel, after I'd watched the movie, that it was kinda unfortunate that these two had been sidelined, especially towards the end of the movie. I thought they were by far the most interesting characters of the movie, so I decided to write them a fanfic where they'd be the stars. Which is what brings us here...

If you haven't watched the movie (actually, um, even if you have Wink), I'm posting a video teaser of the electric chemistry they share. Please tell me the video's awesome even if you personally think it sucks Tongue I think I might be slightly touchy to criticism in that domain, even though I find it really lame too LOL On the other hand, I love receiving constructive criticism on my writing because it really helps, so, once I do start writing, please don't hold that back Big smile because I'd honestly really, really appreciate it!

By the way, the fanfic does not exactly deviate from the movie. It simply adds in more depth, texture and details to the characters and plot so that Pinky and Randhir can have a full-fledged story of their own.
And if you haven't watched the movie, you'd still be able to follow
without any problem.

I unfortunately have a bunch of tests coming up, which is primarily why I have had this huge burst of creativity thrust upon me, so that I am able to focus on everything but studies Wink LOL But I guess it's time I stopped procrastinating, which means that I will only be posting the first part much later.

Just thought I'd share some kind of intro so long, because I'm just so excited about this Big smile Also, it prevents me from continuing to obsessively edit the video Tongue 

Okay so enough blabla.. um, for now Wink

Here's the video teaser. Let me know what you think Embarrassed 

*Edited, 24/05*

Love,
Hema

Ps. The title is inspired from the lyrics of 'Mr Brightside' by The Killers, the bit that goes, "it started out with a kiss."

Edited by _.serendipity._ - 24 May 2011 at 8:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punkRafa.LunaPotter

aish_punk IF-Sizzlerz
aish_punk
aish_punk

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:00am | IP Logged

hey hema di...god, you're back! welcome back :D

i have seen the movie, and well, i didn't really like the couple so much, but i loved pinky's character, totally different :)

its great to see you writing something after so longg, so this is a must read!

can i have the direct link to that vid?

best of luck with your exams :)

thanks for the pm ( i got so excited seeing it! lol.)
update soon

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._
_.serendipity._

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aish_punk

i have seen the movie, and well, i didn't really like the couple so much, but i loved pinky's character, totally different :)

update soon

Aish!! Big smileHug

You're the first person I thought about when I was re-logging onto IF after so long! You were my first friend here and you will always have a very special place in my heart Embarrassed It feels sooo nice to read your comment, so sweet as always! Big smile

Oh I totally get why you didn't think the couple was interesting.. I thought so too at first, but I don't know why, I also felt that Randhir had more depth than he was shown to have. After all, we see everything from Aisha's pov, and, as with everyone's pov, that can be limited. So yeah I'm plannning to write about Pinky and Randhir's pov, so I can put in a twist to that, while remaining mostly true to the movie's general plot and the other characters. Hopefully something that would make the couple interesting Wink  

(I do realise some of what I just said sounds a bit crazy LOL because he's just a character and only exists as much as the movie allows him to.. but then, what are fanfics for? TongueLOL

And thanks for the 'best of luck'.. Really need it!

Thanks again!! Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punkRafa.LunaPotter

[email protected] IF-Dazzler
Pooj@
Pooj@

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Hey! :)
I haven't seen the movie but have read Emma. Can you please tell me which characters from the book they are so I may relate better to the ff?
Thanks a lot, and add me to the PM list, please.
Pooja

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._
_.serendipity._

Posted: 01 June 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by [email protected]

Hey! :)
I haven't seen the movie but have read Emma. Can you please tell me which characters from the book they are so I may relate better to the ff?
Thanks a lot, and add me to the PM list, please.
Pooja

Hey hey Big smile
Thank you for commenting!
It's technically Mr Elton and his snobbish wife from 'Emma', but 'Aisha' wasn't exactly faithful to the novel with regard to these two. Pinky is actually Aisha's (ie Emma's) best friend and Randhir isn't money-minded at all, like Mr Elton is. They are both good-natured folks Smile
That said, I don't think it's a prerequisite that the movie be watched in order to relate to the ff.. I won't be taking it for granted that everyone knows what I'm talking about. When I start, that is Tongue Still a lo-o-ong way to go.. Sigh.
But thank you for showing an interest even though I've not posted anything yet Tongue Embarrassed
Also, it's great to hear from you after so long! Hug

Edited by _.serendipity._ - 01 June 2011 at 1:43am

Rafa.LunaPotter

aish_punk IF-Sizzlerz
aish_punk
aish_punk

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _.serendipity._

Originally posted by aish_punk

update soon

Aish!! Big smileHug

You're the first person I thought about when I was re-logging onto IF after so long! You were my first friend here and you will always have a very special place in my heart Embarrassed It feels sooo nice to read your comment, so sweet as always! Big smile

Oh I totally get why you didn't think the couple was interesting.. I thought so too at first, but I don't know why, I also felt that Randhir had more depth than he was shown to have. After all, we see everything from Aisha's pov, and, as with everyone's pov, that can be limited. So yeah I'm plannning to write about Pinky and Randhir's pov, so I can put in a twist to that, while remaining mostly true to the movie's general plot and the other characters. Hopefully something that would make the couple interesting Wink  

(I do realise some of what I just said sounds a bit crazy LOL because he's just a character and only exists as much as the movie allows him to.. but then, what are fanfics for? TongueLOL

And thanks for the 'best of luck'.. Really need it!

Thanks again!! Embarrassed

aww di Hug thats so sweet of you. i'll toh never forget you :D and my comments only say what i feel, i have no intentions of being sweet :P

yeah, when i saw the movie, i didn't give much thought to liking the couplee. and thats true about Aisha's POV, maybe thats what made the movie get bad reviews or whatever. .and its great that you're extending the storyline to make it more interesting, and the way you would have wanted it to go! :) ..lol, its not crazyy..im obsessed over a few characters, myself Embarrassed 

oh, you're welcome.im sure you'll do well!

i just saw the video, i loved how you've explained everything, its beautiful :) creating a love story of what no one imagined would be a 'love' story is just amazing, be it any couple! so im really interested to see how you do that..and how different you make it from the movie.

PS: i wanted to wish you on your birthdayy, but i forgot the date, and was busy with school stuff. so im sorry i forgot Embarrassed 

update soon

Rafa.LunaPotter

Rafa.LunaPotter IF-Sizzlerz
Rafa.LunaPotter
Rafa.LunaPotter

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged

Ohh-okk! Heyyy Hema! I was surprised with the PM... :-P

I would love to read more..u always did write very beautifully. I have read Emma..not watched the movie...but pertaining to yr previous post seems like I'll be able to make out wht follows! :-)
Liked the video too...its sweet!

Welcome back!
Update me with Pm's :P
~A
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top