Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
So, finally over the weekend, I had the chance to watch the epi. Few things struck to me on the childish, immature behavior of Hetal.

1. Why does she badmouth her in-laws in at her in-laws? The only good thing was she was saying this to her mom who would try to guide her in the right direction unlike Baa & Phui. Did she even realize what would happened if someone else than her good natured saas heard the convo?

2. She has no inkling to think why her saas says she's sorry that her maayka dropped over unexpectedly. If I were Hetal, the first thing that would pop in my mind is "oh crap did she  hear me whine about her family coming unannounced?" I would be feel guilty and ashamed...but that's not a virtue that Hetal has.

3. I agree Sweety's barging in irked me too. But how do ppl expect a pregnant woman to go alone with with another lady in the evening to the doctor's? I mean what if her condition detoriated in the middle of the way towards the doctor? Elderly Chaiji would panic too much. Plus teh two ladies going in the evening is not that safe. Then Sweety's in-laws would have another chance to taunt the Bedis.

4. Hetal's dumping the tea in anger in the kitchen irrespective of who was there...Is this what Ambaji has taught her daughter? Lucky for hetal it was Chaiji present who didn't say much. What if her father-in-law or darji would be present...Is the way to behave in front of the elders? If I were Hetal, yes I would be mad, but I would to understand teh situation. I could either do one of the following:
               a. invite Sweety to have tea as well, and then ask her if I could come along as well, so next time if Karan isn't around I could help.So that after tea, all three go.
               b. Jokingly let Karan know that along with a movie, he owes me tea as well in front of Sweety. And he will have to payback with interest, smile, and let go happily.
               c. Smile close the door, and punch the pillows to let my anger out, and then come out calmer in front of teh in-laws, and be cold with karan while dealing with him alone, and let him know what's on my mind.
              d. Take the tea, and ask Chaiji to sit with and have tea with me. She will ask and I will nicely inform that Sweety took karan before he even had tea: This woul dprompt Chaiji to speak to Sweety to understand that Karan is married now, and she should wisen up a bit. And internally Chaiji woulld hetal for being mature, and taking advantage of teh situation to try to bond with her.

Honestly if I ever get a daughter, I am making sure she doesn't act like the spoilt brat Hetal is.
Edited by Hot_Indo_Chilly - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

42riya thumbnail
Very nice analysis. Nowadys, even I m stunned by Hetals behavior..I used to think that she is a matured lady and would act accordingly but ever since she got maried she is turning more childish and mannerless. how  can an indian bahu behave like the way she is behaving ??..oh n poor ammaaji had she known abt Hetal's childish behaviour, she wud have guided her well .
rupal913 thumbnail

I am sorry but i don't agree with you that pregnant woman can not go to doctor with another woman. I was going to doctor by my self. I don't like this kind of thinking that people have in India. That woman can not do anything without anybody's help.

rajh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well thought 4 options.any one of that would have solved problem.

and believe me no bahu has such courage to do act like hetal in just 2 days of marriage.
it shows cvs are very immature.i dont know why they are showing hetal so much negative and karan family in so much positive mode.
HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Great analysis dear, and I agree with you. That's exactly what I was thinking how can she behave like that within like 2 days of marriage, forget in in-laws if she had pulled this tea dropping stunt in sink her mother would have lectured her so much not done. Well thought out options, you know I was thinking of the first one myself too. Had I been in Hetal's position I would have offered to go with them too, no need to create unhealthy environment in the house. But then we have to take in account this is just a show, I'm sure no newly wed would act like and give invitations to problems herself.
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well said. I suppose Karan was the only at home at that time who could drive Sweety to the doctor.