Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Siddharth bids adieu(Indya.Com)

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Siddharth bids adieu

Siddharth (Siddhant Karnick) was undoubtedly one of the most popular characters of Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaanion STAR One. In the last episode, Siddharth fought his final battle with Abhay. Siddharth gets nostalgic about the show and shares memories that are close to his heart.

How does it feel to bid adieu to Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani?
It does not feel good, as I made some fantastic friends here. I will miss playing Siddharth, the character that gave me so much popularity. However, I am happy that I will not be jumping around over trees any longer, with a harness tied to my body.

What was your reaction after you saw yourself in the vampire getup for the first time?
My instant reaction was – Wow! I look good (laughs). Vampires have now become the flavor of the season. I feel lucky that I was one of the chosen few to play the role of a vampire, and the experience was great fun. In any case, my friends always told me that I would be the perfect vampire, since I am such a blood sucking creature.

Which have been the most memorable scenes from the show?
There are so many to choose from. My chemistry with Panchi (Vahbbiz Dorabjee) was excellent, and it came naturally, without any effort. I had some high intensity scenes with Chand (Naved Aslam), and I got to learn so much by just being in the same frame with an excellent actor like him. The confrontation scenes with Abhay (Vivian D'sena) are also memorable, as we changed the whole definition of a face-off. I sung songs, danced and, once, even did the bhangra while fighting with Abhay.

Your character was known for witty one-liners. Can you share some of your favourites?
The catch phrases that I used in the show became really popular. I came up with most of them on the spot. The most famous ones were 'little brother' for Abhay, 'daddy cool' for Chand, and 'Radish' for Danish. In fact, I would love it if my fans post their favourite one-liners and let me know which ones they love. They can build a tombstone for Siddharth and post their favourite dialogues that I have mouthed there.

What will you miss most about the show?
I will miss my co-stars, our director, the spot boys. In short, I will miss the entire team.

Which has been the best compliment that you received for your performance from peers?
There are so many compliments to pick from, but I don't want them to go to my head. I prefer to keep the constructive criticism in mind rather than the compliments. However, there is one compliment that is unforgettable, and it came from my boss Ekta Kapoor. She came up to me and said that I am doing a good job in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani, and thanked me for it. She is my boss and did not have to thank me, but she still did, and that meant a lot to me.

How did your fans react to your character? What was the most shocking/surprising you got from your fans?
Previously, I was able to walk freely in malls, but now, little girls run after away seeing me (laughs).

Which was the toughest action sequence?
My last face-off with Abhay was the toughest sequence till date. I was hanging from a crane and Abhay was lying below me. Then, suddenly, I was dropped from some 40 feet. I had to trust the seven stuntmen, that they will not let me fall flat on my face. We shot the sequence over two nights. It was strenuous, and a lot of effort went into it.

Who are your friends from the sets?
Vahbbiz Dorabjee, Vivian D'sena, and Priya Wal, who is a close friend since Remix days. Most of my scenes have been with these three, and they are my closest friends.

Please share some off-screen funny or memorable moments…
Once Vahbbiz had come to my vanity van, and I hid in the loo and tried to scare her by making some funny sounds. At first, she was shocked, but then realized that it is me up to my tricks. She banged the door, and I thought that she had left, but to my shock, she was standing right there when I emerged from the loo. That was one time when the vampire was left stunned.

How will you look back on Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani years from now?
I have great memories of the show. I am so happy that I got to do a show where my talent was recognized, as I did not get my fair share of appreciation for my previous shows.

http://www.starone.in/news/1766/siddharth-bids-adieu.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

o.Soha.o thumbnail
wish the actor some new n great projects though. eaither way, the character Sid despite of his one-liners had to end on the show. the majority of audience didnt appriciate the sometimes dominating nd some times dragging track involving the character as per the some months back drastic fall of TRPs. The character had some great moments though but well an evil character has its limit at some point and this character reached that limit, i feel now we will have our old PKYEK back:)
All the best to him for other projects, will miss his great coact n chemistry with Piya/Maithali as among his best scenes.Edited by Sohanax - 12 years ago
xMarisax thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sohanax

All the best to him for other projects, will miss his great coact n chemistry with Piya/Maithali as among his best scenes.

I agree. the scenes i liked from him were some AbhaySid scenes and his scenes with Piya and Maithali.

All the best for new projects. dont want the character back in PKYEK though. time for new evil to arrive:)
--Signorina-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thnx for sharing i am missing him
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
awww he is such a hard working actor...wish him success for his future projects!!
my favourite one liner frm sid will defo be..."tandoori panchhi"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣