Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

It's CRAB Mentality Here: Sonam Kapoor (Page 2)

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Yeah I have noticed she takes it in from what the critics say about her but I know she will prove them wrong and I think she looked amazing at Cannes!

robfanatic Groupbie
robfanatic
robfanatic

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

I don't understand why DNA is saying her fashion was not appreciated in India! She got really positive reviews from the media! IT was later that HT Times had some articles...but that was really not about her fashion. So I am not sure what DNA is on about...

and Sonam... "I don't need validation...I was on so and so cover blah blah blah" There were plenty of people who loved your fashion in India Sona!!! Please think before you say something!!! *hits head on wall* I agree some of the articles were nasty about why she and others went there and so on...but that's another story.
Hi she was on the cover of which international magazine(like she mentioned in this article)??
Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:47am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Its such a shame. In hollywood you turn people's head around in Cannes with strong performance (like that of Kirsten Dunst in Melancholia complimented with stunning appearances). Whereas in Bollywood that only way we expect to turn peoples heads in a serious film festival like Cannes is the outfits these 'stars' wear . No wonder we only have 'stars' in bollywood, not actors.

Couldn't agree more!

It would have been much better if someone like Vidya Balan or Konkona Sen Sharma had turned less stylishly and represented India! Atleast, they has some standing as an 'Actor' and are not just a manequin for designer clothes!
LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by robfanatic

Hi she was on the cover of which international magazine(like she mentioned in this article)??

She got a cover on Women Wear Daily which is a leading paper on fashion. She was featured in Life magazine and Gazette mag (which I think is part of Cannes). That's all I am aware of.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

robfanaticGauahargeous_N

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwGauahargeous_N

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Who says that we don't have actors in bollywood... and we only have stars?? a lot of bolly audience has started supporting good scripts instead of movies with big star power.. yes movies with big stars work.. but indie movies also work.. women oriented movies like NOKJ also work... our actor who is ruling the industry right now is an ACTOR first and a star later.. by chosing aamir or srk and salman.. people have chosen an actor over a star...

And why do people say that our movies win nothing at cannes or at international festivals?? Maya typed up a nice summary of what all our movies have won at cannes...

Yes I personally think its pretty childish of Sonam to say.. and talk about crab mentality.. and expect people.. to somehow view this going of celebs to cannes for their personal commitments to be something SPECIal.. its not special... these people have gone there for their own fun.. and they aren't doing anything for the betterment of bolly or anything.. so they can't expect others to somehow be proud or something.. and as celebs.. people will critique them.. i am pretty surprised though.. coz sonam has received positive response from almost everyone and still she is saying this.
Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:27am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww

Go to top