Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

It's CRAB Mentality Here: Sonam Kapoor

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Sonam simply doesn't know what she should say...πŸ˜”

Dont ever let the critics know that they got to you Sonam ..Never EVER.Don't ever give them importance

IGNORE,IGNORE

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't understand why DNA is saying her fashion was not appreciated in India! She got really positive reviews from the media! IT was later that HT Times had some articles...but that was really not about her fashion. So I am not sure what DNA is on about...

and Sonam... "I don't need validation...I was on so and so cover blah blah blah" There were plenty of people who loved your fashion in India Sona!!! Please think before you say something!!! *hits head on wall*  I agree some of the articles were nasty about why she and others went there and so on...but that's another story.
Sujata Reddy wrote a positive piece for DNA India.

Aishwarya Rai, Sonam Kapoor get Cannes thumbs up

With an increased India presence at the Cannes International Film Festival this year, all eyes were on what our celebrities would wear and if they would make the country proud for the red carpet appearances.

While all eyes were on the likes of Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor and Freida Pinto, others like actress Minissha Lamba and the male brigade, represented by Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan didn't disappoint either.

A quick poll among desi designers reveals that Aishwarya and Sonam managed to grab eyeballs the most. Designer Arshiya Fakih Eappen casts her vote for Ash's white and blue ensemble.

"I know that some might think otherwise, but her white corset top and the blue fishtail bottom looked lovely and she carried it off really well. It looked very classic. It was truly an international look that made one notice her beautiful face," says Arshiya.

Young designer Kunal Rawal is all for Sonam's debut red carpet look, in which she donned a flowly white outfit with structural detailing.

"I loved the architectural inspiration to the ensemble. It was bold yet elegant. The construction of the gown, especially the trail and the monochrome combination made it look younger," opines Kunal.

And he's not the only one to be in awe of Sonam's debut look. Designer Lina Tipnis also thinks that Sonam looked the best on the red carpet this year.

"I think the designer should bless Sonam in person because she did full justice to his design. She totally deserves to be on the red carpet," says Lina as she signs off.

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
calling journos crabs Sona?...I can see then sharpening their claws!!!😊
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^exactly! so what is this piece all about? πŸ˜•
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
what she said in this interview isnt that bad... i dont think she said anything wrong! i totally agree with the point that people should be happy that bollywood is being recognized at cannes and NOT put down just cuz one site labelled her pic as unidentified guest! i think it was DNA or HT that posted that stupid article that no one whos they r etc etc... whereas 100s other other sites covered sonam and appreciated her a lot internationally! however idk the site shes talking about that didnt like her dress back in india... the reporter made up that it went unnoticed at home to get a reaction? πŸ˜•
Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 12 years ago
Sadia.khan thumbnail
u are awesome...😳 Ignore them sonam...😑
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah I have noticed she takes it in from what the critics say about her but I know she will prove them wrong and I think she looked amazing at Cannes!
robfanatic thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

I don't understand why DNA is saying her fashion was not appreciated in India! She got really positive reviews from the media! IT was later that HT Times had some articles...but that was really not about her fashion. So I am not sure what DNA is on about...

and Sonam... "I don't need validation...I was on so and so cover blah blah blah" There were plenty of people who loved your fashion in India Sona!!! Please think before you say something!!! *hits head on wall* I agree some of the articles were nasty about why she and others went there and so on...but that's another story.

Hi she was on the cover of which international magazine(like she mentioned in this article)??
Its such a shame. In hollywood you turn people's head around in Cannes with strong performance (like that of Kirsten Dunst in Melancholia complimented with stunning appearances). Whereas in Bollywood that only way we expect to turn peoples heads in a serious film festival like Cannes is the outfits these 'stars' wear . No wonder we only have 'stars' in bollywood, not actors.

Edited by Gobsmacked - 12 years ago