India-Forums

Gulaal
Gulaal

Kindly have a look at

alanta IF-Dazzler
alanta
alanta

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
I thought of starting a new thread as I needed to know your opinion.

Before I start my topic I need a small preface. Hope you dont mind

As far as I know, the age from

13 - 19 = teenage/youth

20 - 35 = youth/adult

36 - 40  >youth<middle age

40 - 60 = middle age

60 +     = oldage

When Gulaal/Nirja entered Kesar's life she was 18 (more sensible) and Kesar 12,  in his adoloscense. How can an 18 yr old teenaged girl can develop motherly feelings for a 12 yr old boy, ok if it were an 8-10 yr old gulaal nursing an infant kesar then it was ok if any one say gulaal has motherly feelings for kesar but here things are not like that unlike the novel where Rano a 17 yr old girl who nursed and lulled a 2 yr old boy whose relationship wuold definitely tagged as mother-son, which is not posible in the case of  Gulsar nor agewise,relation wise or not even from the bond they shares, it is hardly a mother-son type. Gulaal was almost like a "dream girl" of his. Gulaal had a friendly relationship with Kesar in the begining and it grew to a deep rooted affection later partly as she learns Kesar as her most dear ones(vasanth's) passion and dream and partly of that untitled eternal bond that Gulsar shares themselves. When Vasanth died kesar's dream (Gulaal) became his only life and support.

As of now Kesar and Gulaal both are adults and Gulaal still in her youth if the above age classification is correct and her behaviour wise also she portraiys a young lady that is with in her and that which really she is which is clearly evident in the scenes at the mango orchards, the way she enoys herself dressing up by singing, the way she adores wearing those green bangles, the way she terribly misses her husband esp when she is alone, all these states the proof, 

Gulaal doesnt consider Kesar as a kid. There are many scenes that proves this.

1. Her inner turmoils are reflected in her face whenever JK refers Gulsar as Pathi-Pathni, if she is ignoring the fact as she says, she need not to be so tensed and thought ful.

2. The pallu scene at  the terrace.

3. Her  sudden nervousness and hesitations whenever she finds kesar looking at her mersmerised.

She is not willing to accept Kesar as her husband, coz she considers Vasanth as her whole life and she wants to live her entire life as his widow/wife. But deep in her heart she is deeply wounded badly missing that love and care that she often break in to sobs and the only one who can cure her is Kesar himself with his unconditional intense exclusive  love for her.  

Plz correct me if I am wrong and plz do respond whatever maybe yr opinion. 
Plz let me know if you agree with me.Smile

Edited by alanta - 22 May 2011 at 11:53pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

tumassh21datqurlx3coolfirewhitepearlGGG3maybe-just*Reemz*

Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Awesum observations!!!!

*drumroll please*

12 n 18...No mother-child in der!!! Hope everone reads der...
@ TM can u plz enlarge
How can an 18 yr old teenaged girl can develop motherly feelings for a 12 yr old boy, ok if it were an 8-10 yr old gulaal nursing an infant kesar then it was ok if any one say gulaal has motherly feelings for kesar

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maybe-just

alanta IF-Dazzler
alanta
alanta

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
@livelygal

Thank you I've edited

maybe-just

mystikal Groupbie
mystikal
mystikal

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:50am | IP Logged
i  thin kesar was arnd 12 n gulaal arnd 22 wen dey first met as devar bhaabhi.yu r rit in saying dat der cant be any mother -son relation between dem .but gulaal has always been too mature fr her age.evn wen she was nly 22 she behaved lik a mature woman n dats reflected in da way she tuk care of vasants family at dat young age aftr hz death.
but evn if she behaved motherly towards kesar the fact still stands dat shz nt mother.n moreover evrything abruptly changed wen destiny decided to bring dem 2ghtr as husband wife aftr deeyarvatu. 
now da situation z totally different though at first meeting aftr 10 yrs gap gulaal still showed sm motherly attitude towards kesar by getting so emotional 2 see a grwn up kesar but in da cuming tym she vry well understud dat things have changed altoghtr n dats why shz getting so nervous in kesars presence wen derz no pallu on her head. 
but evn in past kesar neva tuk gulaal as hz mother n blah blah or sm1 elderly dat he shud respect bcz of age factor n dats y he neva kald bhabhi n all. 
hz rspect fr her was alwas out of extreme love n appreciation fr da kind of person she z. 

maybe-just

alanta IF-Dazzler
alanta
alanta

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
I wrote gulaal as 18 yr old coz I read it in FBs article on gulaal/Nirja where she goes through different facets of life(Radha,Sita,...) and 18 sounds more reasonable as she was  an unmarried villiage girl when kesar first met her and it was shown like she has got married in the right age(as for villiagers the right age for marriage is 17,18 but doesnt exceeds 19, this is evident when it comes to the case of Rewa, where she was only 19 and family members were getting tensed as her marriage was not getting set in the right time and the earlier proposals were broken.

Edited by alanta - 23 May 2011 at 1:16am

maybe-just

Incense IF-Sizzlerz
Incense
Incense

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:44am | IP Logged
nice post dear ! well its all about perception sometimes women at 18 year consider their young relatives as their son or daughter...like paro and bandini who was married at 18 year and consider their son and daughters elder to them as their son./daughters...but as i say its perception ...the most imp thing as reemz said no mother in this world can marry his son...gulaal did deeyarvatu that means she doesnt consider kesar as her son and after marriage  motherly feeling is impossible

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

whitepearlmaybe-just*Reemz*

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Bottomline is KG have a bond, which is beyond everything and no they arent mother/son coz i never saw it that way, maybe the elder relations did coz Gulaal was a person who did everything for him and Kesar centered his life around her

This show and KG is so layered, that you need to see it, feel it and understand it, to get the KG bond

We can keep talking about the age gap and so on, but storywise if you follow it and KG scene even from the past before the leap, you will see its a bond beyond everything else

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maybe-justIncense*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Gulaal doesnt consider Kesar as a kid. There are many scenes that proves this.

1. Her inner turmoils are reflected in her face whenever JK refers Gulsar as Pathi-Pathni, if she is ignoring the fact as she says, she need not to be so tensed and thought ful.

2. The pallu scene at  the terrace.

3. Her  sudden nervousness and hesitations whenever she finds kesar looking at her mersmerised.

Exactly my point! For those who keep harping on about 'motherly' feelings, please go and watch these scenes because that kind of awkwardness does NOT exist between a mother and son.

maybe-just

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index