From books to scripts- Article about Sushant

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

FROM BOOKS TO SCRIPTS

Stars were once considered dumb 'but no more, not even the tele-stars! Many television actors, who are highly qualified, have given up lucrative careers to fulfill their dream of becoming actors

Anjali Shetty
 Freakin' Awesome! Freakin' Awesome! Freakin' Awesome! Freakin' Awesome! Freakin' Awesome!

Posted On Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 08:04:18 PM

How would you react to an IIM graduate who has given up a well-paid job and a career in marketing only to follow his dreams? Worthless? Think again. This is exactly how 23-year-old Nishant Malkani describes his journey. As a child Nishant dreamt of being a popular actor. "As I grew, so did my dream. I started to concentrate on studies and completely forgot about my acting bug. It was only when I was spotted by an agency in Kolkata that my hidden passion haunted me once more," smiles Nishant. He went on to model for a few years and now plays the lead on Ram Ne Milaye Jodi on Zee TV. Nishant tells us that it wasn't difficult for him to decide between his career and acting. "A job would have given me a position and a great package, but that is nothing compared to the love and affection from the audience and of course a greater pay package," he winks.

For 28-year-old Mishal Raheja aka Dutta Patil, the journey from academics to acting has not been as easy as it seems. 

With a hidden desire of acting bottled up in him, Mishal preferred to first acquire a complete educational background before taking the leap. "Fortunately, I was not pressurised by my parents to take up a particular career or join the family business. I made up my mind to follow in my father's footsteps of acquiring good education first and hence completed my bachelor's in business from New York," says Mishal.

With girls swooning around him, Sushant Singh Rajput definitely took the right leap from engineering to acting. "I never imagined myself as an actor. I had a set future with a scholarship for engineering at Delhi College of Engineering, an MBA in Standford and a well-paid job in a bank. Fortunately, I joined Shiamak Davar. Dancing followed and then acting workshops with Barry John and here you have Manav."

Sushant enjoys his work and has garnered attention for his body of work. So, has his mechanical engineering degree helped him in any way? "Of course, education is important no matter what you choose to become. A sound educational background always works as an advantage for everyone."

And, while they enjoy being in the limelight they don't forget to use their knowledge too. "Education helps in every possible way. I use my marketing skills to promote myself!" grins Nishant. He adds, "Education does make you wise, besides being knowledgeable! It helps one think better, more coherently. Acting is not always about learning the dialogues ' it is also about understanding the various aspects that go into it."

Mishal on the other hand attributes his cooking and independent lifestyle to his educational background in New York. "The course not only taught me my business terms but also shaped me into an independent and responsible person. Having being brought up with the comfort around, I initially had a tough time getting adjusted to living alone," says Mishal who has continued to do things on his own which helps him maintain a balanced life.

So, would they want to jump at an offer that asks them to pursue what they started with? "Never, I am secure with what I am doing. Acting involves insecurity but I have no issues even if I am not paid for another 10 years," smiles Sushant, who adds that it is a learning process which he enjoys and does not regret taking it up.

Hindi television sure has these young lads to be proud of as the Marathi circuit is welcoming young television actors such as Ambarish Deshpande of Harishchandrachi Factory and Pinjra fame. A BSc in electronics, Ambarish hails from Talegaon Dabhade near Pune. "We live in a society where education is a must; also not everyone of us has the access to a NSD. For me too, it was necessary to have completed a degree to become someone. But, nothing that I learnt has gone waste," says Ambarish who nurtured his acting hobby with plays at school and college. "The educational journey helps me essay quite a few roles and is an advantage in itself."

That being said, now we all know acting is not an easy job and definitely not for those who have struggled first with books and now with scripts!

(Credit goes to Nisha)

Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LovePRSoham thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for Sharing Niki... 😊 Nice article... Every field needs basic education and Sushant has asnwered so correctly.. Aww he can work in this field even if he is not paid  for 10 years 😲.. This shows his love and dedication for his work... Does he have so much of money that he can survive for so long LOL... Anyways looks like this guy known to manage his money well...
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: ArManFan1

Aww he can work in this field even if he is not paid  for 10 years 😲.. This shows his love and dedication for his work...

😆

This also shows how much he has made through TV😉- Sony must have paid him a bomb for JDJ. ðŸ˜ƒ
LovePRSoham thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nikitagmc

😆

This also shows how much he has made through TV😉- Sony must have paid him a bomb for JDJ. ðŸ˜ƒ

ROFL... He deserved it.. Whatever Sony gave him will be less.. I want Sony to give all the money they earned for making him loose the competition ðŸ˜ˆ..
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing. True,  basic education is important.
Lol, looks like he has made qiet a lot of money in dance performances, well he hardly sleeps and he is so hardworking, he deserves every big amount paid to him.
And how i wish in JDJ he should have been paid more than the winner, they made such a profit by spoiling his image and using his personal relationship for trps. 
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ankifan

Thanks for sharing. True,  basic education is important.

Lol, looks like he has made qiet a lot of money in dance performances, well he hardly sleeps and he is so hardworking, he deserves every big amount paid to him.
And how i wish in JDJ he should have been paid more than the winner, they made such a profit by spoiling his image and using his personal relationship for trps. 

Not his, I think they spoilt Anki's image a little.😡

But yes, they did use them both for TRP's. 
SunoNa123 thumbnail

Not his, I think they spoilt Anki's image a little.😡

But yes, they did use them both for TRP's. 

ANKI,S IMAGE IS TOTALLY DAMAGED.
But at the time of JDJ  there were wrong articles bout him too saying he bet his GF🤣, and fought with some canteen boy( with the Adi-Manav) caption. I so hate reality shows.
i hope he is not in NB5, i heard rumuors that they could be their in it. Few sites have their names in it and few doesnt.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ankifan

ANKI,S IMAGE IS TOTALLY DAMAGED.
But at the time of JDJ  there were wrong articles bout him too saying he bet his GF🤣, and fought with some canteen boy( with the Adi-Manav) caption. I so hate reality shows.
i hope he is not in NB5, i heard rumuors that they could be their in it. Few sites have their names in it and few doesnt.

Haan woh toh hai.. those articles were pretty foolish... dunno how much impact they had on the people...

don't worry, they are not participating in any more reality shows- Sushant and Ankita both said it. ðŸ˜ƒ
SunoNa123 thumbnail

Haan woh toh hai.. those articles were pretty foolish... dunno how much impact they had on the people...

don't worry, they are not participating in any more reality shows- Sushant and Ankita both said it. ðŸ˜ƒ

It has not made impact on their fans, but Anki's image has surely got afftected ny non fans, few hate her after JDJ😭.  but she is a strong girl, she gives a damn bout all these.
Oh they r not participating, thats such a relief.
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i thought sushant left engineering mid way ? then where did he get the mechanical degree from ?

hmm .. i remember an article which came out in November where he said he doesnt have to worry about money for the next 7-8 years ...

now it has increased to 10 years lol.. 😆  ...

sushant's image didnt get tarnished due to JDJ ... from a "non fan" POV ( talking about a couple of my friends and relatives..those who dont watch PR) he came across as someone who works extremely hard , dedicated, charming ( without him knowing that lol.. ) , and totally in love with his GF ..  
but anki's took a severe beating ... a culmination of the way the hosts prodded her with some questions , her own blunt and frank talking , and if i may add , a bit of naivety from her side too ...
I dont think she even realized what "role" the channel assigned for her to play and what image they tried to build of her before it was too late ...