Posted: 12 years ago
Shilpaben wonderful once again!

I loved it.
I loved Kinjal coming to a realization. It was nice that she wasn't irrational

As for Urmi being foiled by Koki, that's always pleasent to watch

Can't wait for more

jake
Shilpaben, awesome updates - both parts 11 & 12. Haven't been able to comment on 11 before but do I have to say that its simply superb!! The depth of story and the pace is just brilliant. I am loving the character sketch of each of the character in your story. They all seem realistic and using their brains and something I would love to see in the show itself. But well, I guess I can only dream to see it in the show. But I am sure you will never disappoint us.
very nice update...really enjoyed it
Hi Shilpa, your story is moving very seriously all the way through...there is a pattern to your writing, that is uniquely you.

It was a very nice update love it.
Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 12 years ago
hey Shilpa,

Finally had a chance to read the last 2 parts. They are amazing!  Loved every word.  I like how the story is progressing! 

More please!
Wow just loved it. Typical Ahem getting the wrong end of the stick.  Poor Gopi.
Just amazing your ff. Can't wait till the next installment.😊
Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

First of all let me apologize for not thanking you individually, but know that each and every one of your comments is very appreciated. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and encouragement.

This one goes out to my friend Angeli, who was looking forward to some new OS or some major updates. So I hope you enjoy my efforts.

Please excuse any misspelled words and any grammatical errors.

Part 13

When Ahem came out of the bathroom, Gopi was already gone. He took a deep breath and went and stood by the window. He should have tried to talk to Gopi instead of running away like that. She was bound to doubt him, since he had never given her any reason in the past to trust him. All he had ever done to her was yell at her constantly. Always reminded her that she was not his choice and never would be.

Meanwhile Gopi is also lost in thoughts of Ahem, and thinking to herself, she should have tried to stop him and explained to him that she did doubt him, but once she thought about it, she had realized that he didn't just bring her back for Maji's sake.

Rashi was in the Kitchen doorway watching Gopi and thought her Kalakari had worked on Gopi. When Gopi came back from delivering the tea she had looked really sad, just like in the past when Ahem had scolded her.  Rashi smirked and thought Mummy is going to be so proud of me when she hears about my kalakari.

"Rashi!" she jumped when she heard Koki's loud voice calling out her name, she slowly turned towards Koki, eyes wide, heart pounding.

Koki pulled her pallu over her shoulder and glared at Rashi as she walked towards her. "Why are you lurking around the kitchen doorway like a thief? Instead of watching your sister work, why don't you go help her."

Rashi swallowed hare. "Woh, mein kakiji'who, mein''."

Koki glared even harder. "What is this Rashi, why are you stammering like an idiot? I only asked you a simple question."

Rashi shook her head. "Nahi, Kakiji, I was saying that I was about to go help her, but I don't feel so good all of a sudden, I am felling kind of dizzy and nauseous, I think whatever I ate at lunch is not agreeing with me."

"Hey Krishna Bhagwan, what can we do with this girl? Whenever she is asked to do something she gets sick. Its ok Rashi, why don't you go rest and I will make a kada for you. And don't eat anything tonight, you will feel better by tomorrow morning." Koki smiled inwardly and thought now I got you just where I want you Rashi.

Rashi's eyes widened even more in shock, and thought oh no, now what, this Kagdi is not going to leave me.

"Now what happened, why are you standing there like a statue? If you are not feeling well, why don't you go lie down, and I will bring the Kada in little while."

Rashi put her head down and walked away from there. Koki watched as Rashi walked away, and smiled to herself.

Gopi, who heard the whole exchange, turned away so Koki wouldn't see her smiling at the way she handled Rashi. She was in awe of her maji, and wished she had the tenth of confidence in herself the way her maji has.

She composed herself and turned to face Koki as she walked in. "Gopi vahu, you already prepared all the food?"

"Ji, maji, everything is done. I was thinking about making kheer."

Koki raised her eyebrow at that. "Ahem's favorite, what's the occasion?"

Gopi flushed and was about to stammer out an excuse but Koki interrupted her. "Ok, go ahead and make it, Ahem will be very happy."

Gopi was unable to meet Koki's eyes and flushed further. "Ji, maji." Koki looked on proudly at her Gopi vahu.

*~+~*

Later at dinnertime, Gopi waited until last possible minute to come out of the kitchen. She was too afraid to come out and see Ahem's upset face. She made her way to the table slowly, afraid to look up.

Gopi served everyone the food, saving Ahem for last; she finally looked up and was relieved to see that Ahem didn't look angry. Instead of looking angry, he also looked little apprehensive, as if afraid to see her upset at him. They both stared at each other, ignoring the fact that the whole family, except for Rashi, was at the table.

They both looked away when Heatal spoke up. "Jigar dikra, where is Rashi?"

Koki spoke up before Jigar could answer her. "Motabhabhi, Rashi had an upset stomach I made her a kada earlier, don't worry she will feel better by morning."

Ahem caught Gopi trying to hide a smile at his mom's statement, and wondered about it. He raised his eyebrow at her, but she just shook her head slightly.

"Gopi vahu, bring the kheer, everyone will prefer to eat it with dinner."

Ahem did a double take at that then smiled, and thought Gopi is not upset with him, thank god. And this is her way of apologizing to him for doubting him, he was sure.

When she finished serving everyone, she came towards him, when she was close enough he met her eyes, gave her a slow smile and winked at her.

Jigar who was about to say something to Gopi, caught the exchange and dropped his spoon in surprise. He couldn't believe his bhai was being playful with his bhabhi.

"Jiagar what happened?" Everyone looked at Jigar when Hetal spoke up.

Jigar smiled at everyone and looked at Gopi. "Nothing ma, I was just about to compliment bhabhi, the kheer is very good."

Koki smiled at him then at Gopi. "Of course Jigar, my Gopi vahu made the kheer with lots of love."

Gopi flushed and looked away in embarrassment. Everyone else smiled at Koki's statement.

*~+~*

Later in Gohem room, Ahem was working on his current project when his mom and Gopi walked in the room. He stopped working as soon as they both stepped in the room. They didn't even acknowledge his presence; they were both in deep conversation about an upcoming event. He tried to get back to work, but immediately became alert when his mom mentioned taking Gopi with her to get the jewelry polished.

Gopi also became alarmed and looked straight at him.

Koki noticed the fear on Gopi's face and immediately became concerned. "Gopi vahu, what is it, why do you look scared at the thought of going out of the house? You are not going to be alone, I will be going with you."

Koki noticed Gopi didn't hear a word she said and was staring at Ahem, still with fear. She turned and looked at Ahem, who also looked concerned, and frowned.

"Gopi vahu?"

Gopi finally looked at Koki, still with fear on her face. "Woh, maji..." She trailed off and looked at Ahem once again.

Ahem got up and closed the door, he decided he might as well inform his mom. He went to his mom and took her to seat in the chair beside him, while Gopi stood next to the chair.

Ahem leaned forward. "Mom, there is something I have to tell you about Gopi's attempted kidnapping." He began telling Koki everything that happened since the day Gopi disappeared to how he found her and brought her back.

Koki was not only shocked, but also very mad. "How dare they even think about harming my Gopi vahu and try to put the blame on you, I will not spare them, this time they have gone too far."

Ahem immediately tried to calm his mom down. "Mom, listen to me, we have to be very careful. My friend Arjun is investigating the whole thing, as soon as we have all the evidence we need, we can have them arrested. But we have to take each step carefully."

Koki looked at Ahem then at Gopi, and took her hand in hers. "Ok Ahem dikra, we will be careful. But your Kakaji, Kakiji and Jigar are going to be very hurt when they find out everything."

"I know mom, but we can't say anything to them yet, at least they are aware of Rashi's true colors."

"Ok what are we going to do about the trip to the jewelry store? I also need to take Gopi shopping for new sari for Teej, this time I don't want anything to go wrong on Teej."

Ahem looked confused, and Gopi looked away hoping her maji wouldn't say anything about the year before, but she knew her maji was about to reveal the truth to Ahemji.

Koik stood up and caressed Gopi's head. She turned to Ahem. "Ha Ahem dikra, Gopi didn't break her fast last year, she had lied because you yelled at her over the phone. All she did was have a sip of water in the mandir with your photo."

Ahem also stood up shocked, and looked at Gopi, who was looking down at her feet.

"Ahem dikra, this time I want that you would be there for all the rituals, please don't disappoint my Gopi vahu this time." Koki knew this time her son will do as she said.

Ahem looked at his mom. "Ji mom, and I will go with you both to the jewelry store and for shopping."

Koki smiled at her son with pride and bid them both goodnight, then left to go to her own room, thinking about all that her son had revealed to her as she left.

There was an awkward silence between Gopi and Ahem again. Each lost in, their own, thoughts.

Ahem didn't know what to say to Gopi, to him saying sorry would not be enough for all that he has put her thru, but apologize he must.

He stepped up to her and took her small hands in his. "Gopi, I wouldn't blame you for hating me for what I have put you thru, but I hope you find it in your big heart, to forgive me for everything I have ever done to you."

Gopi looked at him, and thought once again, her Ahemji had humbled himself to apologize to her, and now she truly believed that her Ahemji has changed for the better.

She put her hand on his cheek. "Ahemji, I am the one who should be apologizing to you for doubting you today. I want you to know that, I did have doubts at first, but it was only for little while, when I really thought about it, I knew that maji was not the only reason you brought me back."

Ahem closed his eyes in relief. Finally they can move forward, he knew that from here on, Gopi would think things thru before listening to anyone's lies.

He brought Gopi into his arms and hugged her close to him; she returned his embrace.

*~+~*

Ok my friends I hope you enjoyed this part, and here is something special for you all. This is also one of my favorite songs. Hope you enjoy the VM.

Have a Happy Father's Day!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPwcU6vt9kQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sbp1971 - 12 years ago
Awww... thanx much Shilpa... U r a darling, my own Genie on IF...🤗🤗🤗

Awesome update Shilpa.. anything else would just not be your thing ...U have become an expert story teller ... ⭐️

Love the way everything is falling into place got GoHam... the effort each is making for the other... so real..lifelike...👏. 

Gopi trying to send a message to Aham via the kheer was beautiful, how cute !!! Aham, finally, getting to know about Teej, there isn't anything talking cant help clear... 

Adore Koki, so like her to take  Rashi to task.. on their team now, Kokila will be something to watch out for !!

The greedy me wants more... 😉

The VM was fabulous, downloading it for to my library...thanx again Shilpa!! 

Edited by angelirebelli - 12 years ago
I really liked this part.

I loved Koki's awesome snooping and catching Raashi again

And I loved the Ahem and Gopi moments.

Thanks for this treat Shilpaben

Yuks