Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Shreya Ghoshal Team:

Assembled by Summer

Selected contestants over 25 age group in final 12 in singing reality show X factor India on Sony TV

Shreya Ghosal was given to select final four contestants from over 25 age group and this was really tough, so to help her music director Salim was nominated and they selected following 4 contestants

1. Geet Sagar - An RJ from Gwalior
2. Amit Jadhav
3. Manjeera Ganguly
4. Mona Shevde

It was tough but she had to reject auto rickshaw driver of Delhi Vishal Srivastava, a housewife of very mediocre family Amrita Pandey and Tushar Arjun a singer from Assam having touch of Zubin Mehta in his singing.

MyInspirationz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am happy that Amit Jadhav is in her team...
ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
^^ Me too. I actually like the other lady too. woh jo beti ka sapna wali.
Hunk101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ZoobiDoobi

I am missing X Factor 🤔

Kal toh bol rahi thi I need a break from it, ab kya hua?😆
I saw the new promo of X Factor with the top 12 contestants but in Shreya's team..wjhere is Mona Shevda?😕

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woNCOcioU9A&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hunk101

Kal toh bol rahi thi I need a break from it, ab kya hua?😆

woh thoda update kar kar ke thak gayi thi 😆 now I miss seeing Shreya and Sonu already 😳

Originally posted by: .sb.

I saw the new promo of X Factor with the top 12 contestants but in Shreya's team..wjhere is Mona Shevda?😕

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woNCOcioU9A&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

Hey Shounak Yeah everyone is talking about that. may be she didn't attend shooting for promo. Lets wait and see till Friday 😊
ShreyaFC thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Reality shows now a commercial ball game: Shreya

IANS
Posted on Jun 06, 2011 at 01:09pm IST

Mumbai:She is the product of a talent hunt show herself, but national award-winning singer Shreya Ghoshal says the ethos of reality shows in India has undergone a huge commercial twist and the visual appeal of a show matters much more now.

The singer was first recognised when she won the 75th Children's Day special episode of "TVS Sa Re Ga Ma". But she shot to fame after she lent her voice in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas in 2002 and bagged her first national award for the song 'Bairi Piya' in the magnum opus.

Now she is one of the judges on Sony Entertainment Television's "X-Factor".

"When I participated in 'Sa Re Ga Ma', I was a kid and it was not a reality show frankly. There was no system of SMS voting and stuff," Shreya told in an interview.

"There were judges like Ustad Vilayat Khan sab and Anil Biswas, who had made the institution of Indian music. It was a big thing to sing in front of them. Where would I know what to wear and all? That concept came when television became so big. Today it's a big commercial ball game. Many people are involved and they have to see how attractive it should be visually as well," she added.

Shreya, who has earlier judged "Star Voice Of India-Chhote Ustaad", feels "X-Factor" will set new standards for reality shows. It went on air on May 29th.

"The scale on which this programme is mounted, is really big. The money, challenge, promotion and the care that has been put in this programme is unbelievable. It's surely going to set a new standard as far as television shows are concerned," she said.

"X-Factor" is a talent show franchise that originated in Britain and after being a runaway hit in 24 countries, it has now come to India.

The 27-year-old is sharing the judges' panel with Bhansali and singer Sonu Niigam, and she is quite kicked about it.

"To judge with Sanjayji and Sonuji make the experience more credible because the musical excellence that is associated with them is unbelievable. For me Sanjayji is like encyclopedia of good music. So to judge along with them is a real high for me," said Shreya.

However, the real challenge is to find the right talent.

"The singers are giving us a tough time to figure out which jewel to pick and polish to make them sparkle," said Shreya, who believes that people's voice can be groomed over time, but X factor is something innate.

"You are born with it (X factor). It's feigned that to prove your X factor, you need to jump around the stage and do what not to entertain people along with singing. I have never done that and most of our Indian singers never did that," she added.

The singer also took the example of the nightingale of India, Lata Mangeshkar, to prove her point.

"See Lataji. I remember seeing her singing at the Royal Hall, standing in one place, opening her diary. But when she sings the time stops. That's her X-factor. It's within one's own self, and it just has to be captivated," said the multilingual singer, who has also sung numbers in Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu.

http://www.ibnlive.in.com/news/reality-shows-now-a-commercial-ball-game-shreya/157138-8-66.html

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Where are all Shreya fans these days?
ShreyaFC thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Winner will get a chance to sing for Karan Johar Movie

X-Factor' winner to get platform in Karan Johar film

Filmmaker Karan Johar, who buried the hatchet with Sanjay Leela Bhansali when he recently visited the sets of "X-Factor", has decided to give the winner of the music reality show a chance to sing for one of his forthcoming films.The filmmaker, known for movies like "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" and "My Name Is Khan", has tied up with Sony Entertainment Television to give a worthy platform to the winner.

The host of the show, Aditya Narain, broke the news to the top 12 shortlisted contestants on behalf of Karan - much to their excitement.

Karan praised "X-Factor", saying it is by far the best talent show and all three judges - Sonu Niigam, Shreya Ghoshal and Bhansali - are doing well. He was also heard saying that Bhansali is one of the "finest directors" of Bollywood, according to a source.

In fact, Johar and Bhansali even hugged each other - suggesting that they have moved on after their war of words.

Bhansali had taken a tad too seriously Johar's comment on "Saawariya" being a "blue film" and had lashed out against him in the media.

Johar reacted by saying in an interview: "Anyone who chooses the media as a form of communication is clearly not a friend. I think he needs to learn to take himself a lot more lightly than he does. It will be a good thing for him."

But now, all seems to be well between the two - at least by what seemed on the sets of the reality show.

The episode featuring Johar will be aired Friday, and the top 12 contestants will be revealed as well.

-Zeenat- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hope you all like it! ðŸ˜³