Posted: 12 years ago
mujhe non-veg chahiye menu me .
aditee thumbnail

PART 69 E

29th May 2011 8:00- 9:30 PM

Le Meridien, Ahmedabad

Akhil: What does it even say

Prad: Well you just have to send a request wont you? (mocking)

Akhil: Bhayya (looks pleadingly at Shaan)

His face is inscrutable

Shaan: Prad, if you don't want to share, just knock it off!

Prad senses a warning in the tone and backs off a lil and offers an olive branch to Shaan

Prad: Hey, do you know what she means?She says "From the 13th to the 7th"

A  quick look of awareness spreads over his face after a minute but he masks it easily and responds with a "I don't know!"

Prad: Even her friends don't have a clue. She rarely says anything on FB, so all her friends are overjoyed to see her post!

Warm color spreads over Shaan's face, "Akhil get cracking please, Chachi has been here twice"

Prad just stares at his phone and looks mighty confused. Shaan gets up and leaves not before giving him one last look.

The other guys carry on with their racous talks.

Shaan enters his suite, sorry the suite he will share with his new wife. Its again all off white and tan with silver blue curtains and vases. There is a room with sofas and a huge TV and attached to it is a huge bedroom with a king size bed. There is a walk in closet and a sofa by the bed. A flat screen TV hung from the wall. The study desk was in the "living room" and two laptops were left on screen saver mode. What looks like an expensive camera lay on the coffee table by the bed.

His closet was a lil cluttered, fresh laundry hung in bags, some clothes hung from the rod itself. The area by the wash basin  had stuff all around it, colognes, aftershaves, a pack of disposable razors, a can of shaving cream lay carelessly.

A  new piece of clothing hung in his closet a  bag with MM on it, the signature M Malhotra packaging, it was apparently "hand delivered" according to Mom, earlier in the day.

He unzipped it to reveal the choice he had made at his studios last week, a pearl colored wedding outfit, with Nehru color and almost invisible embroidery around the neck and down on the trim and an offwhite chudidar. It was a cross between a sherwani and a Kurta not too long, ended a few inches above his knee.

He showered, shaved answering multiple pleas "Bhayya jaldi" "Shaan, are you not ready yet?" "Gujral, what the heck are you doing man?" "Beta jaldi karo".

No "grooming" visits to the men's salon for him! He could groom himself!

He actually stole some time to upload some pictures on to his PC and free up his disk space on the camera. That derailed him big time.

When he stepped out to the lounge, there were seetis and claps. His Mom looked a little moved for some reason. His Dad hugged him when he attempted to bend down for blessings, Dadi was visibly moved also. His male cousins started ribbing, they just needed a pretext anyway.

The pu ndit was ready in the lobby much to Shaan's embarrassment there were 50 other guests already waiting to board the luxury bus to the venue.

He spots Rahat and Noor, walks over to them, Rahat hugs him and pats his shoulder

Rahat: Congrats Gujral! Welcome to my world

Shaan: Yep! Looks like it!

Noor: She looks gorgeous! I had no idea you guys were dating

Shaan: I didn't either

Rahat (to Noor): It was  all arranged , or so "he wants us to believe" (winks at Shaan)

Shaan: Yep!

Noor: I am so sad I missed the engagement.

Shaan: the wedding is all that matters.

Noor: I cant wait to meet her!

Shaan smiles

The shehnai guys start to play the pundit  starts chanting married ladies from his family tie the 'pagadi' or turban, the 'sehra' or floral veil, which covers his face, put 'shagun' in his 'jholi' or lap and bless the groom. The 'shagun' consists of a red 'dupatta', dried coconut and dried dates or 'chuaare.

The photo and videographer have a field day. He starts getting irritated

Shaan: Mom can I please wear this thing when we get there?

Madz: Are you kidding? Absolutely not!

Sunil: Shaan, Bhayya wore it 3 years ago, he never complained. Quit being a whiner.

Shaan sulks behind the veil.

Akshay looks anxious when he gives him a hug,

Shaan: kya hua Bhayya?

Akshay: Nothing dude! Chachi finally got around to "chatting with Khushboo" They should be out soon.

Shaan: Mom whats going on?

Chachi walks out of the elevator beaming

Ambika Gujral: Congratulations Akshay Gujral, Khushboo is pregnant!😳😳

The whole group breaks into a jig

Edited by aditee - 12 years ago
nk.mail thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: lghosh

Neha yeh thoda zyada ho gaya, loan leke shaadi kar rahi hai Khanak, itna nahi ho payega! Teri pahele wali menu rakhte hai! πŸ˜†

Usmein se kuch items select kar sakte hai isliye ye list di thi, kya aap bhi  πŸ˜†
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -Ray-

mujhe non-veg chahiye menu me .

Maine suggest kiya hai..

Assorted Kebabs
Hyderabadi Biryani and Mirchi ka Salan
Murg MusallamπŸ˜†
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Aditee... very true..I have seen that happening as well ! Its  shame...in so many ways esp when u gang up ! while on the end it never that way...the spirit i... the atmosphere ittself is so so different  compared when u get a girl married off to how u welcome a bride in your home.. I loved it how u captured it... ! good job girl..

Lana.. am wearing a  a dhoop chao rust and mehndi green silk bhandi  saree.. !πŸ˜ƒ A Gujju Touch ! 

Shaadi Ka Menu i was not told  I think aditee is doing the menu herself ! πŸ˜ƒ
[/QUOTE]

Arre tu aa gayi, hamare shaadi ka menu check kar le!! Looks good!

Oh ho madam u r also getting dressed to kill?? Kisko maarne ka iraada hai? Pradeep ya Hari lal?? 🀣
purvimeh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Wedding ke liye kuch soch. Purvi would have had some idea about some gujju dishes which is a must in Gujju weddings.

Tum logon ko kuch pata hai kya?

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

A Must for Gujju are : 

Aam ras
Undhiyu
Gurati Dal or Gujrati Khadi
Dholka 
Muster and Cumin seed Aloo sabji...

*shakes Head * πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
purvimeh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Aditee... very true..I have seen that happening as well ! Its  shame...in so many ways esp when u gang up ! while on the end it never that way...the spirit i... the atmosphere ittself is so so different  compared when u get a girl married off to how u welcome a bride in your home.. I loved it how u captured it... ! good job girl..

Lana.. am wearing a  a dhoop chao rust and mehndi green silk bhandi  saree.. !πŸ˜ƒ A Gujju Touch ! 

Shaadi Ka Menu i was not told  I think aditee is doing the menu herself ! πŸ˜ƒ

Arre tu aa gayi, hamare shaadi ka menu check kar le!! Looks good!

Oh ho madam u r also getting dressed to kill?? Kisko maarne ka iraada hai? Pradeep ya Hari lal?? 🀣
[/QUOTE]

Akhil... sound cute so far ! πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Yup Lana..! Dont forget its Khank on the Tab.. go easy on the menu.. Decide on the reception menu.. that wld be a on a grand scale ! πŸ˜† Have ur gelato for ghazal and reception nite ! 
-Ray- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Its pouring good news in Gujral family !!

nxt part  plsssπŸ˜ƒ
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I thought so !
The moment Boo said she was unwell...
Now they will say Khanak is very auspicious for the family ! LOL...I soo knew it !
aditee thumbnail
I was utterly pissed off when a certain someone in a story I knew killed a foetus. The day i started writing this one I decided I will bring a baby, not kill it!