Sonu Nigam Appreciation Thread - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

Sonu Nigam Awards

2009, ITA Award...Indian Television Award for the title TV serial called "Dil Mil Gaye"
2009, 56 Idea Filmfare Awards South, Best Singer (Male) for the song Enaagali Mundhe Saagu Nee, from the Kannada movie Mussanjemaatu
2009, 8th Indian Technical Telly Award - Best Singer for the title song (along with his duet partner) for the tv-show "Kumkum Pyara Sa Bandhan"
2008, 6th Annual Central European Bollywood Awards, Best Male Singer for In Lamhon ke Daaman Mein, from the film Jodha Akbar 2008, 15th Lion Gold Awards 2008, Best Male Singer for the song In Lamhon ke Daaman Mein from the film Jodha Akbar.
2008, ITA, Indian Television Academy Award, Best Male Singer for Amber Dhara.
2008, Filmfare Awards South, (Male) Tiger Balm South Indian, for " Ninindele" from the film " Milana
2008, GPBA (German Public Bollywood Award), Best Singer (Male) for Mein Agar Kahoon, Om Shanti Om
2007, Indian Television Academy Award, Best Male Singer for Dill Mill Gayye.
2007, Annual Central European Bollywood Awards, Best Male Playback Singer for Mein Agar Kahoon, Om Shanti Om
2007, Bollywood Music Awards, Best Male Playback Singer for Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Title Track.
2006, Annual Central European Bollywood Awards, Best Male Singer for Sau Dard Hai, from the film Jaaneman
2006, Star Screen Award Best Male Playback, for the song "Dheere Jalna", from the film "Paheli"
2005, Swaralaya Yesudas Award, for his outstanding performance in Music.
2005, MTV Immies - Best Pop Album, for his self-composed album titled "Chanda Ki Doli".
2005, Indian Television Award Best Singer for Miliee Title Track.
2005, Anadolok Award for "Chanda Ki Doli" album.
2005, Lion Gold's Award for the song Main Hoon Na from the film "Main Hoon Na"
2005, Teachers' Achievement Award
2005, Most Stylish People In Music, MTV Style Awards.
2004, MTV Immies - Best Male Singer, for the song "Main Hoon Na", from the film "Main Hoon Na"
2004, National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer, for the song "Kal Ho Naa Ho", from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho
2004, IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the song "Kal Ho Naa Ho", from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho
2004, Bollywood Music Award for Best Male Playback Singer for "Kal Ho Na Ho" from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho
2004, Apsara Film Producers' Guild Award for Best Male Playback Singer for "Kal Ho Na Ho" from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho
2003, Filmfare Best Male Playback Award, for the song "Kal Ho Naa Ho", from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho".
2003, Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer- Male, for the song "Saathiya", from the film "Saathiya"
2003, IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the song "Saathiya", from the film "Saathiya"
2003, MTV Immies - Best Male Singer, for the song "Saathiya" from the film "Saathiya".
2003, Bollywood Music Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song "Saathiya" from the film "Saathiya"
2003, Most Stylish People In Music, MTV Style Awards
2002, Filmfare Best Male Playback Award, for the song "Saathiya", from the film Saathiya.
2002, Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer- Male, for the song "Suraj Hua Maddham", from the film "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham"
2002, IIFA Best Male Playback Award, for the song "Suraj Hua Maddham", from the film "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham"
2002, Bollywood Music Award for Best Pop Singer for the album "Yaad"
2002, Bollywood Music Award for Best Male Singer for the song "Tanhayee" from the film "Dil Chahta Hai"
2001, Star Screen Award Best Male Playback, for the song "Tanhayee", from the film "Dil Chahta Hai"
1998, Zee Cine Award Best Playback Singer- Male, for the song "Sandese Aate Hai", from the film "Border"
1998, Star Screen Award for Best Male Pop Artist.
1997, Aashirwad Award for Best Male Singer for the song "Sandese Aate Hai", from the film "Border"
1997, Sansui Viewers' Choice Award for Best Male Singer for the song "Sandese Aate Hai", from the film "Border"

Some Facts and stories about Sonu Nigam

Sonu Niigaam hits highest note for patriotic song

Music director Shamir Tandon can't stop raving about Sonu Niigaam who hit the highest note ever for a patriotic track in the film Kandahar. Directed by retired army officer, Major Ravi, the trilingual project in Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam, toplines Amitabh Bachchan and Mohanlal."The song in question is Naman hai.. and Sonu has hit the highest note in human vocal registry with an open-throat effort without singing falsetto," explains Tandon. Technically, the last octave is the highest possible note that can be humanly hit. And it's usually achieved while singing falsetto when the voice begins to vibrate and turns shrill.

"Sonu was unaware of what he had done. Very few people in the world can go this far. The late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was an exception but even he sounded shrill. Sonu sustained the pitch admirably and the heaviness in his voice added a melancholic touch to the song," exults Tandon.

Naman hai'has been penned by lyricist Sandeep Nath who also wrote verses for Tandon's earlier soundtracks for movies like Page 3 and Corporate. "Ravi wanted lines that weren't overdramatic and he wanted a Hindi synonym of salaam that could be used across the three languages. Naman is another word for salute in Hindi," says Tandon.

This soft rock number, complete with electric violin, guitar distortion and live drums, though in Hindi, will be used in all three versions of the film. The other songs will be dubbed in the respective languages.

1. Song 'Soniyo' was recorded in 9 different voices before finally being finalized in the voice of Sonu Nigam. Director Mohit Suri and producer Mukesh Bhatt wanted to try some new voice for Soniyo. So they kept on trying with different voices but none clicked. Ultimately Sonu came and recorded the song. Although I am not sure about those 9 singers but I think Krishna and Kunal Ganjawala were among those.

2. Song 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' was recorded twice by Sonu Nigam. First according to director Nikhil Advani's wishes and then according to Karan Johar. After recording the first version he went abroad. But Karan wanted this song to be recorded again and unfortunately Sonu Nigam could not provide the dates. Nikhil adviced Karan to record this song in Shankar Mahadevan's voice. But Karan insisted that this song belonged to only one person and that is Sonu Nigam. It is said that Karan had to wait for almost over a month before the song could be recorded again.

3. Sonu Nigam had recorded half of the song 'Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya' but then due to some reasons he had to leave India. Ismail Darbar in the meantime recorded the song with Hariharan but Ismail was not happy. According to him Hariharan could not provide the soul that he was looking for in the line "Tu Mujhko Mil Gaya". Eventually Sonu Nigam came back and recorded the song. 

4. Anu Malik praises Sonu Nigam a lot for his song 'Rabba Mere Rabba' because this song was recorded in mere 14 minutes, in spite of the fact that Sonu Nigam was not 100% with his throat that day. 

5. Gulzar Saab was so happy with Sonu's rendition of Saathiya that he gifted his collection of Shayari's 'Pukhraj' to him.

6. Reality show 'SaReGaMa' was initially given the name Sargam by the director of the show Gajendra Singh. It was Sonu Nigam who gave 'SaReGaMa' its name.

7. Before the recording of 'Yeh Dil'Deewana', director Subhash Ghai told Sonu Nigam that he has to bring in 3 different moods in the song'Happiness, sadness and anger. This is something which a music composer won't teach you and Sonu brought all the three emotions in his singing. That famous 'aaah' in the song is inspired from Michael Jackson.

No Way 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲
main Khawab dekh rahi hoon kya?

Sahil 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Missed you on IF 🤗
Ki kariye...aana hi peya...:)

Vaise bhi how can Sonu's pankha miss all the fun...:)
Originally posted by brahmabul

Ki kariye...aana hi peya...:)

Vaise bhi how can Sonu's pankha miss all the fun...:)

Haye Mere cute se pankhey. I am so happy to see you here. 😃 ðŸ¤—
Come check my Shreya FC too naa 😳
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Haye Mere cute se pankhey. I am so happy to see you here. 😃 ðŸ¤—

Will try my best to remain active here. But I know its going to be a tough job.

Begum Sahiba ko bhi le ke aata hoon. Unke baigar kahan hamara mann lagta hain...:P

Facebook par abhi bhi Autumn season chal raha hain. Bahar taan ethe haigi.

BTW did you watch this:
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Come check my Shreya FC too naa 😳
Nahin... 😛Edited by brahmabul - 12 years ago

Will try my best to remain active here. But I know its going to be a tough job.
Begum Sahiba ko bhi le ke aata hoon. Unke baigar kahan hamara mann lagta hain...:P
Facebook par abhi bhi Autumn season chal raha hain. Bahar taan ethe haigi.
BTW did you watch this:
@Bold: 🤣 tum dono bhi naa. 😆
Nahi I havent' seen this video. I will check it when I get home. Can't see videos here remember 😭
Yeah drag fizzu here. I miss the old fun. I told Bahaar how much we 3 miss her on FB. 😳

Nahin... 😛
Don't make me say PUNJABI GALIYAN to you. 😆 You better bring ur butt there. 😡😆