Amusement and Amazement

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi friends, just thought of sharing my views of the "amnesia" track so far. So here goes...

Being so deeply in love with your other half, being their world and then to suddenly not be a part of their world is shokingly painful, to say the least. Our Suhana, however has managed to get over the shock, and is being very pragmatic about it indeed. Of course it hurts Suhana when Ishaan looks away but its amazingly amusing to see how she is trying to entice Ishaan will her flirtatious tactics. I thought her spontaneity is simply admirable. Her positive attitude to lure her husband towards her is quite a delight to watch. I must congratulate the writers here for taking a different route because I don't think I have ever seen or heard of any other Indian shows to give this serious issue, a light hearted treatment. I am pleased with the normality shown in the management of the situation. (Okay I am not going to ask questions about scientific or medical accuracy, as I know there's no point!)

The natural realisation of Ishaan's amnesia and the expressions of despondency on Suhana's face was transparent. Ragini as usual has left me speechless with her various shades of portrayal. Whether its the dialogues, expressions, body language, voice modulation, change of mood, her every dipiction is exemplary.
πŸ‘

Indeed, I am totally amazed by this notion of "flirting" openly within the family ambience, and that too with the elder's approval. Surely, they can not stop her either as Suhana is his wife and she will do anything to have him back...anything!

I am also amazed at how Ishaan is becoming an expert in perfoming "the champuness", he's definetely improved. Ishaan's ambiguous situation is being conveyed very convincingly by Jay. I must say his emotional talk with Badi Ma brought a tear to my eye. He knows he is missing something. He knows he's lost something but he cannot fathom WHAT it is? He is dreaming about his beloved Suhana but he's unable to make the connection as to WHY? Poor guy, he runs aways from the very being who was his everything, who was his world! Of course she still is his "everything" but he is yet to realise HOW. The restlessness and the uneasiness  surrounding Ishaan will take time to fade and for that Suhana and Ishaan will have to be patient (and that means US as well)! If only he could decipher what is in front of him...certainly it is  a tragedy!

We are all loving and enjoying the fun and merriment of Suhana's sportive flirting and Ishaan's reluctancy to cooperate but this surely cannot last for long. Too much of anything gets
monotonous and therefore their behaviour towards each other needs to change to bring more maturity to this tale so that it can progress.

P.S. Thankyou for reading and please do let me know if you agree or disagree with what I have written. ThankyouπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very well summed up Sheemu, couldnt agree with you more. As you rightly put that this cant go for longer , the story needs to progress and we do have high hopes for SGP( which is not always good but hey !!! we need to be positive just like the show). They have pulled it off quite well, I dont know about TRP etc etc but I am enjoying it, not necessarily the track but the excellent performnaces by the cast and great execution by behind the scene people, truly a team work.I wish they always keep the reality and family factor intact as that is the X factor for this show, even in hypothetical situations we do see some glimpse of day to day reality. In short so far so good and Insha Allah it will be good. Loving and respecting Ragini more and more each day by her commitment and conviction with which she is playing the character of Suhana, so close to our heart. Jay and the rest equally deserve the applause and respect as actors for there part .
Edited by venture - 12 years ago
ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Sheemu you have summarized it really well CV's treated the track in an exceptionally good way unlike BT track (just my POV) the light-hearted sensible comedy make the track even more unique and the special touch of SHASHIKALA the way Ragini acted is commendable from being emotional to flirtious to concerning the depth of her love being depicted in all her actions whether she shed tears for Ishaan as she couldn't remain far for him whether she is being flirtious or being concerning it all shows that she can do any possible thing to bring her beloved husband back her biggest strenght is her family they also showed seriousness to Ishaan's condition.Ishaan is also good being a perfect champu Jay also acted really well and I partially agreewith ur point that things become monotonous when depicted everytime BUT without the the touch of light-hearted comedy it would become really boring I could have completey agreed if they won't have shown any seriousness to the sensitive issue which they did like they showed Ishaan recollecting the portions of his life he has forgotten in pieces his annyance over forgetting the betific memories like Ishaan's BM scene,family members esp. Suhaana being very concerning for Ishaan and doctor's way of treatment etc In our normal lives too when anyone meet an accident or have any to undergo operation or surgery where one is assured to get recover(rest is God's will) the family members have the bit sigh of relief they don't overreact on the situation also try to act normally to pacify other members of the family and the patient as well so if they kept on with this sensible light-heart comedy alongwith showing the scenes Like Ishaan-BM I won't have any problem at all. 

Edited by firefly99 - 12 years ago
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: venture

Very well summed up Sheemu, couldnt agree with you more. As you rightly put that this cant go for longer , the story needs to progress and we do have high hopes for SGP( which is not always good but hey !!! we need to be positive just like the show). They have pulled it off quite well, I dont know about TRP etc etc but I am enjoying it, not necessarily the track but the excellent performnaces by the cast and great execution by behind the scene people, truly a team work.I wish they always keep the reality and family factor intact as that is the X factor for this show, even in hypothetical situations we do see some glimpse of day to day reality. In short so far so good and Insha Allah it will be good. Loving and respecting Ragini more and more each day by her commitment and conviction with which she is playing the character of Suhana, so close to our heart. Jay and the rest equally deserve the applause and respect as actors for there part .

Thankyou so much Di.πŸ€— I agree with everything you've said and I too hope that it continues to do well.
πŸ˜ƒ
Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Nice post di...completely agree with ur each n every point...We are only enjoying suhana flirtng with ishaan n ishaan showing his champuness but there is other side of it also the pain which sushaan is undergoing at the current point of time suhana cuz ishaan is not reconizing her n on other side ishaan in dilemma as to why suhana is coming in his dreams is really confusing  him but  he can't it make it out why...something important is missing in his life but what is that...there are lot of questions going on in his mind whose answers are yet to be find...must say suhana is a really strong women who keep smiling doesn't matter how sad n broken shez from inside...shez keep on trying her best to get her hubby back n hopefully she will suceed in it one day n we will get to see our old sushaan back...hats off to the actors for potraying their parts so beautifully that it luks so natural n offcourse to the team behind the camera for doing such an incredible job...n yeah they must show the progress in the story otherwise if they stick to just one point then viewers will definately get bore watching the same stuff again n again.

sushma_01 thumbnail
Very well written di. πŸ‘ πŸ‘  I was very apprehensive when this track started esp when they gave it a shaky start with Ishaan  voluntarily hitting the rock and the way the family reacted to the accident. Fortunately the track picked up from the very next episode and it has been executed superbly. Each and every actor is giving their best. I am loving Ragini more and more with each passing day. πŸ˜›  She is setting the bar higher and higher with her spontanety and dialogue delivery be it in funny flirting scenes or the emotional ones. 
In the beginning it was a total shocker for Suhana that her husband has forgotten their marriage and her, then she was in total disbelief and could not come to terms with his memory loss, later she started thinking that mayb she could never have been his support system hence he does not remember her and now finally it has set in that Ishaan indeed has forgotten her! All thru these phases Ragini's potrayal of Suhana's moods have been excellent. It is great that Suhana has such a loving family who have given her open permission to 'flirt' with her own husband in order to regain his memory!! ⭐️
Ishaan is opening up a little now and does not seem too uncomfortable or irritated by Suhana's presence and this is a relief atleast to me!! Also, I was just thinking that if the family did tell Ishaan that Suhana was his wife in the hospital, he would have jumped from the bed and fled to the door as he was positively flustered, confused and a little scared if I may say when Suhana was yelling in the hospital. Jay is doing a fab job potraying the pre-marriage Ishaan. The body language, the shyness and the OTT collar and spectacle adjustment (which actually gets on my nerves).
Overall I am loving this track and waiting to see Ishaan fall in love with Suhana all over again. I haven't watched this part in OBS as I did not like the actor playing the new Ishaan.

angelic12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I completely agree with you, @mjtruelegend. I'm sorry I dont know your name. 
Its quite entertaining and enjoyable, the way Suhana's flirting with Ishaan. After a long, long time SGP has once again succeeded in getting me so involved with the characters that I forget all my other problems. But yes, this cannot stretch on till saturation point. The story has to move on realistically and sensibly. But somewhere, I think that the CV's also understand that. They are making Ishaan remember certain moments he has spent with Suhana. SO yes, that's good! πŸ˜Š
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: angelic12

I completely agree with you, @mjtruelegend. I'm sorry I dont know your name. 

Its quite entertaining and enjoyable, the way Suhana's flirting with Ishaan. After a long, long time SGP has once again succeeded in getting me so involved with the characters that I forget all my other problems. But yes, this cannot stretch on till saturation point. The story has to move on realistically and sensibly. But somewhere, I think that the CV's also understand that. They are making Ishaan remember certain moments he has spent with Suhana. SO yes, that's good! πŸ˜Š

My name is Sheemu and may I know yours?
True its good that Ishaan is getting glimpses of the time he spent with her but I honestly hope they don't stretch that too far. Surely he'll get frustrated soon enough to know the truth.

Keenu.G thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
very well written sheemudi! πŸ‘ couldnt agree more! 
U summarized each and every thing very nicely~ ! 
The way CVs have handled this serious situation with light-heartedness is turning out to be a complete delight to watch! Before i wasnt so sure, how this amnesia track is going to be handled in FUN way.. i thought it will bring SGP standards even down cauz i have neva seen "Serious" track depicted in Humorous way before.. but Im glad tht my prediction turned out to be wrong.. 
I m loving how Suhana is flirting with her saiyaanji! πŸ˜†! its like refreshed love story!
Furthermore, both of them are doing complete justice to the character they are portraying! jay being awesome Bhondu on other hand Suhana ke baare main mein kya kahooon, ragini is jus too good in anything! I m jus mesmerized with her presence on the screen! 
I loved how CVs add 1-2 serious scenes in between this fun track... for instance like ishaan-badima-suhana scene, tht made me cry honestly! πŸ˜­! it was very well acted by Trio! moreover, disha-ishika-suhana scene.. after they come down laughin seeing behaviour of ishaan towards suhana's flirting πŸ˜†! when Suhana got serious about "How much she loves ishaan and disha was there to lend her shoulder to cry on.. πŸ˜Š
In short, I m enjoying this track way too much, i m jus wandering Tht this flirtious and natkhat suhana will be thoroughly missed by me, when ishaan remembers everything! πŸ˜­πŸ˜†! 
Edited by --Keenu.Gill--- - 12 years ago
You summarized the current plot so well Sheemu diπŸ‘..Medical accuracy and logic is totally alien to Indian Television..so really cant expect them to show a serious cure for this disease on TV..though i find it really unbelievable that flirting with your husband is a cure to bring back his memory😳IMO..but since the CVs are trying to make it a light hearted track..its going on really well..atleast the COMEDY the CVs promised to bring in this track is COMEDY itself and nothing else...the episodes are well balanced..if we see Suhana flirting with Ishaan in the first half..we also do get to see a heart to heart emotional talk between Badi Ma and Ishaan.I am quite liking this track...but like you said...too muh of flirting would make the show look monotonous..so i guess maybe after a week or so..the CVs should try to bring in some seriousness too in the track...where tha family actually TRIES to bring back Ishaan's memory..coz whatever the doctor told is rubbish!..When one loses his memory,it is the family who should try to bring his memory back...they should have told Ishaan the first day itself that Suhana is his wife..lekin tab story aage kaise badhti...

Anyhow..I just hope that they continue their work like they are doing now...and end this track logically but soon enough...I wouldnt mind if they show a leap of some months for this..
.I really want to see some more stories along with Sushaan..umm maybe badi Ma's?