Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Team INDIA Fans: Aao, aur duties leke jao :P/Pg138 (Page 56)

safeplacetoland IF-Stunnerz
safeplacetoland
safeplacetoland

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
ANKUUU! Hug

I wanna go to Delhi SO bad. I wanna study there, but mom says after Grad ONLY Disapprove I love that city, didn't have enough of it :((

Waise how's my awwdorrrable DP? Embarrassed I mean the pic, not my Photoshopping skills LOL

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Niddd your dp <3 sooo cute, I don't like Gambhir that much but Kohli's laugh Day Dreaming

LMFAOOO Yuviii ROFL aah he is soo funny and cute Embarrassed

Edited by HiphopStahKiran - 26 May 2011 at 3:38pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

safeplacetoland

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Untamed-

ANKUUU! Hug

I wanna go to Delhi SO bad. I wanna study there, but mom says after Grad ONLY Disapprove I love that city, didn't have enough of it :((

Waise how's my awwdorrrable DP? Embarrassed I mean the pic, not my Photoshopping skills LOL

Lol Nidz Delhi does indeed seem like a great city but I know many people that move out of there because Delhi is known to be quite a dangerous city at times. I mean in terms of eve-teasing, high crime rate and in general not being a very safe place at night. 
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

ANKUUU! Hug

Lol Nidz Delhi does indeed seem like a great city but I know many people that move out of there because Delhi is known to be quite a dangerous city at times. I mean in terms of eve-teasing, high crime rate and in general not being a very safe place at night. 

LOL. But thats no reason to not like it. Those who are Delhites don't move out and those who come from outside should be careful. And yes crime rate has grown in Delhi but if you beware then nothing will happen. Even @ nights, my bro and all of his friends and even my friends are out every night.. they are like party freaks but they never got into any trouble. Its how careful you're yourself and how you conduct yourself. And Delhi nights is like everyones on road and out only so it feels like its afternoon. lol. So, its safe as long as you don't go out alone or something and dont go to faltu ki places.

But even if there is crime rate and all that, thats no reason to not like Delhi or not like it over Mumbai. Those who do that is. I mean those who like Delhi over Mumbai.

Edited by x.Anku.x - 26 May 2011 at 4:52pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by x.Anku.x

ANKUUU! Hug

LOL. But thats no reason to not like it. Those who are Delhites don't move out and those who come from outside should be careful. And yes crime rate has grown in Delhi but if you beware then nothing will happen. Even @ nights, my bro and all of his friends and even my friends are out every night.. they are like party animals but they never got into any trouble. Its how careful you're yourself and how you conduct yourself.

But even if there is crime rate, there is no reason to not like Delhi or not like it over Mumbai. Those who do that is. I mean those who like Delhi over Mumbai.

Delhi is a huge city so I wouldn't be surprised if some areas are worse than others. Of course that's no reason to not like it but I do actually know people that have moved out despite being in love with the city because of such incidents. 

I don't think you could ever be too careful though Anku. Just look at the case of Jessica Lal, it seems in these days no-one values honesty and good values. I know someone that simply used to come outside her building and feed the hungry stray dogs everyday after school and they were then approached by a married man with kids who started to act in a very inappropriate way.Ouch No doubt this kinda stuff happens everywhere but such incidents have been on the rise in Delhi lately. 

India me sab aisa hi chalta hai..even if a group of boys get drunk after a night of clubbing and injure someone while drunk driving then you simply enter a 500rs note in the police officers pocket and they'll let you go. (This is in almost any city in India, not just Delhi and Mumbai)

Arre I wasn't talking about people that prefer Mumbai over Delhi or Delhi over Mumbai, it's just the high crime rate which has become a huge worry. Coming from Mumbai I know very well how common it is for someone to steal a women's handbags while they are sitting in an auto.

I haven't been to Delhi in a veryyy long time although I do have quite a lot of friends and family there so I am only speaking from their experience and what I read in the news.
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged

Delhi is a huge city so I wouldn't be surprised if some areas are worse than others. Of course that's no reason to not like it but I do actually know people that have moved out despite being in love with the city because of such incidents. 

I don't think you could ever be too careful though Anku. Just look at the case of Jessica Lal, it seems in these days no-one values honesty and good values. I know someone that simply used to come outside her building and feed the hungry stray dogs everyday after school and they were then approached by a married man with kids who started to act in a very inappropriate way.Ouch No doubt this kinda stuff happens everywhere but such incidents have been on the rise in Delhi lately. 

India me sab aisa hi chalta hai..even if a group of boys get drunk after a night of clubbing and injure someone while drunk driving then you simply enter a 500rs note in the police officers pocket and they'll let you go. (This is in almost any city in India, not just Delhi and Mumbai)

Arre I wasn't talking about people that prefer Mumbai over Delhi or Delhi over Mumbai, it's just the high crime rate which has become a huge worry. Coming from Mumbai I know very well how common it is for someone to steal a women's handbags while they are sitting in an auto.

I haven't been to Delhi in a veryyy long time although I do have quite a lot of friends and family there so I am only speaking from their experience and what I read in the news.

I get you Dia. And I understand what you mean. I just simply meant that just bcoz of crime rate, people should not not like Delhi. Its like AMAZINGGG now. From DLF Emporio, DLF Place to DLF Promenade, Select city, Amby mall and what not and then all the eatery places whether they are the 5 star hotels like Hyatt, Mariott etc. or fast food chains like Bengali sweets, Karims or just small stalls/shops for eating or the bakeries and then Go cating and then the shops in Green Park...boy I can go... I LOVE and treasure the bathing water also of my city... thats only bcoz Dia I came out of Delhi for studies to Pune. And I TOTALLY found out the difference. Before that I never gave damn about Bengali sweets. I dont like Pune @ all.. it just ruined my body, my skin, I got pserosis, piles and what my hairs gone and the water is the shits and the small restraunts are just CRAP unlike Delhi where even small restraunts are good. I think South of both Delhi and Mumbai is awesome. Delhi has grown immensely in terms of entertainment... Noone should miss all that just for the crime rate. Thats all.

Other than that I do agree. I feel unsafe myself @ times when I am out in the market alone. And yes, crime rate in Delhi has grown like crazy and it is unsafe. But that every city is, Delhi is just higher on the charts. Highest probably. But hopefully, the govt. does something because indeed not just bcoz its my homecity but bcoz like I said, going out of it, I understood how really really awesome it is. Thats just what I meant while stating the above :)

And this toh will always go on... Mumbaikars loving Mumbai over Delhi and visa versa. I find it pretty useless to debate on this matter and silly tbh. Because I get 'I love my city' but I don't get 'My city is better than yours'. Afterall, both the cities are part of OUR INDIA<3

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by x.Anku.x

I get you Dia. And I understand what you mean. I just simply meant that just bcoz of crime rate, people should not not like Delhi. Its like AMAZINGGG now. From DLF Emporio, DLF Place to DLF Promenade, Select city, Amby mall and what not and then all the eatery places whether they are the 5 star hotels like Hyatt, Mariott etc. or fast food chains like Bengali sweets, Karims or just small stalls/shops for eating or the bakeries and then Go cating and then the shops in Green Park...boy I can go... I LOVE and treasure the bathing water also of my city... thats only bcoz Dia I came out of Delhi for studies to Pune. And I TOTALLY found out the difference. Before that I never gave damn about Bengali sweets. I dont like Pune @ all.. it just ruined my body, my skin, I got pserosis, piles and what my hairs gone and the water is the shits and the small restraunts are just CRAP unlike Delhi where even small restraunts are good. I think South of both Delhi and Mumbai is awesome. Delhi has grown immensely in terms of entertainment... Noone should miss all that just for the crime rate. Thats all.

Other than that I do agree. I feel unsafe myself @ times when I am out in the market alone. And yes, crime rate in Delhi has grown like crazy and it is unsafe. But that every city is, Delhi is just higher on the charts. Highest probably. But hopefully, the govt. does something because indeed not just bcoz its my homecity but bcoz like I said, going out of it, I understood how really really awesome it is. Thats just what I meant while stating the above :)

And this toh will always go on... Mumbaikars loving Mumbai over Delhi and visa versa. I find it pretty useless to debate on this matter and silly tbh. Because I get 'I love my city' but I don't get 'My city is better than yours'. Afterall, both the cities are part of OUR INDIA<3

Totally Anku, it would be stupid to not visit Delhi because of a few incidents but all I meant to say is that one can never be too careful. In fact the next time I'm back in India, the top city on my list of places I would want to visit would be Delhi. I'd love to visit Chandni Chowk, go to Paranthe wali gali and see the Taj Mahal again after many many years. In terms of development, Mumbai and Delhi definitely beat the rest. Honestly speaking I'd choose the Marriott hotel in Juhu, Mumbai over the Hilton Hotel in England any day! I've heard about the new airport terminals in Delhi and how they're supposed to be world class and I've also seen with my own eyes just how beautiful Mumbai domestic airport is, which came as a total shocker to me!

I think we'll always have a special connection to the place where we were brought up. The part of Mumbai I come from has both positives and negatives. The small food shops are the BEST..the vada pav, the filter coffee, the pav bhaji, pani puri etc but at the same time we also live close to Asia's biggest slum-Dharavi. It's just that for me the positives outweigh the negatives. But yes, South of Mumbai is awesome. I could spend hours on end in Fashion street, Colaba, Marine drive etc. I mean Mumbai even has an official Manchester United football cafe which says a LOT about the improvement in terms of entertainment and sports. Every time there is a football match there are screenings all over Mumbai bars and well the club life in both Mumbai and Delhi as far as I've heard is great.

Haha for once I didn't actually mean for this to be a Mumbai vs Delhi debate lekin koi nahi, at least this time we came to the conclusion that both cities are awesome in their own way. :) and like you said, before I support my city, I'll ALWAYS support my country.
safeplacetoland IF-Stunnerz
safeplacetoland
safeplacetoland

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Kiraaan...you don't like Gauti? Shocked He's my fave cricketer after Virat, and I totally love them as BESTIES. LOL

Dia, I agree, about the crime rate thingi...that's one of the reasons my mom isn't allowing me to go and study in Delhi before I graduate. :((

But you see the city is so beautiful, the history and culture of our country is so deeep in the place man & I get totally fascinated by such places. Sounds weird for a teenage girl, but yeah. I'd rather learn about the history of my country than party. I rarely go out in the night. LOL I am no party-hard kinda person. Tongue

Somehow I didn't feel that instant connection with Mumbai. I dunno, man it was just missing. Like I didn't feel it with Chennai either. :/

Anyways, what matters is the country...and HOWS MY DP?

Waise better debating cities than teams. LOL

Edited by -Untamed- - 26 May 2011 at 10:40pm

Go to top