Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: x.Anku.x

I get you Dia. And I understand what you mean. I just simply meant that just bcoz of crime rate, people should not not like Delhi. Its like AMAZINGGG now. From DLF Emporio, DLF Place to DLF Promenade, Select city, Amby mall and what not and then all the eatery places whether they are the 5 star hotels like Hyatt, Mariott etc. or fast food chains like Bengali sweets, Karims or just small stalls/shops for eating or the bakeries and then Go cating and then the shops in Green Park...boy I can go... I LOVE and treasure the bathing water also of my city... thats only bcoz Dia I came out of Delhi for studies to Pune. And I TOTALLY found out the difference. Before that I never gave damn about Bengali sweets. I dont like Pune @ all.. it just ruined my body, my skin, I got pserosis, piles and what my hairs gone and the water is the shits and the small restraunts are just CRAP unlike Delhi where even small restraunts are good. I think South of both Delhi and Mumbai is awesome. Delhi has grown immensely in terms of entertainment... Noone should miss all that just for the crime rate. Thats all.

Other than that I do agree. I feel unsafe myself @ times when I am out in the market alone. And yes, crime rate in Delhi has grown like crazy and it is unsafe. But that every city is, Delhi is just higher on the charts. Highest probably. But hopefully, the govt. does something because indeed not just bcoz its my homecity but bcoz like I said, going out of it, I understood how really really awesome it is. Thats just what I meant while stating the above :)

And this toh will always go on... Mumbaikars loving Mumbai over Delhi and visa versa. I find it pretty useless to debate on this matter and silly tbh. Because I get 'I love my city' but I don't get 'My city is better than yours'. Afterall, both the cities are part of OUR INDIA<3

Totally Anku, it would be stupid to not visit Delhi because of a few incidents but all I meant to say is that one can never be too careful. In fact the next time I'm back in India, the top city on my list of places I would want to visit would be Delhi. I'd love to visit Chandni Chowk, go to Paranthe wali gali and see the Taj Mahal again after many many years. In terms of development, Mumbai and Delhi definitely beat the rest. Honestly speaking I'd choose the Marriott hotel in Juhu, Mumbai over the Hilton Hotel in England any day! I've heard about the new airport terminals in Delhi and how they're supposed to be world class and I've also seen with my own eyes just how beautiful Mumbai domestic airport is, which came as a total shocker to me!

I think we'll always have a special connection to the place where we were brought up. The part of Mumbai I come from has both positives and negatives. The small food shops are the BEST..the vada pav, the filter coffee, the pav bhaji, pani puri etc but at the same time we also live close to Asia's biggest slum-Dharavi. It's just that for me the positives outweigh the negatives. But yes, South of Mumbai is awesome. I could spend hours on end in Fashion street, Colaba, Marine drive etc. I mean Mumbai even has an official Manchester United football cafe which says a LOT about the improvement in terms of entertainment and sports. Every time there is a football match there are screenings all over Mumbai bars and well the club life in both Mumbai and Delhi as far as I've heard is great.

Haha for once I didn't actually mean for this to be a Mumbai vs Delhi debate lekin koi nahi, at least this time we came to the conclusion that both cities are awesome in their own way. :) and like you said, before I support my city, I'll ALWAYS support my country.
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Kiraaan...you don't like Gauti? 😲 He's my fave cricketer after Virat, and I totally love them as BESTIES. 😆

Dia, I agree, about the crime rate thingi...that's one of the reasons my mom isn't allowing me to go and study in Delhi before I graduate. :((

But you see the city is so beautiful, the history and culture of our country is so deeep in the place man & I get totally fascinated by such places. Sounds weird for a teenage girl, but yeah. I'd rather learn about the history of my country than party. I rarely go out in the night. 😆 I am no party-hard kinda person. 😛

Somehow I didn't feel that instant connection with Mumbai. I dunno, man it was just missing. Like I didn't feel it with Chennai either. :/

Anyways, what matters is the country...and HOWS MY DP?

Waise better debating cities than teams. 😆
Edited by -Untamed- - 12 years ago
spiritcrimson thumbnail
Hey everyone!

LOL Nidz. Mumbai, though I don't practically live in Mumbai, I live in the outskirts of Mumbai, but I still love the place. I think Mumbai is pretty safe IF compared to Delhi! Delhi, I want to go there once, but I know for a fact my mom won't send me there to study. Maybe Delhi is most unsafe for girls. I don't hate Delhi, but I would any day prefer Bangalore or Mumbai over Delhi.

Originally posted by: utfracks

Hey everyone!

LOL Nidz. Mumbai, though I don't practically live in Mumbai, I live in the outskirts of Mumbai, but I still love the place. I think Mumbai is pretty safe IF compared to Delhi! Delhi, I want to go there once, but I know for a fact my mom won't send me there to study. Maybe Delhi is most unsafe for girls. I don't hate Delhi, but I would any day prefer Bangalore or Mumbai over Delhi.

Banglore I was way too young when I last went. My visits to Delhi & Mumbai have been a lot more recent & of course its Delhi for me. But I love HYD the most. You know, the DC posters. 😉😆
spiritcrimson thumbnail
@Nidz- Haha lol :P I have never been to Bangalore, but I really want to!

Haha the DC posters were a welcome sight compared to the MI posters I kept seeing in Mumbai! Ofcourse there were RR posters too in Mumbai! I liked that 😆
ICANTWAITTOMEETYOUUU 🤗

BTW dod you go to LM?

Am hating the way the press is blaming Gauti 👎🏼
spiritcrimson thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Untamed-

ICANTWAITTOMEETYOUUU 🤗

BTW dod you go to LM?

Am hating the way the press is blaming Gauti 👎🏼

Me tooo! Can't wait! 🤗

Blaming Gauti for what? Nah not yet! Will go after lunch probably 😆

Originally posted by: utfracks

Me tooo! Can't wait! 🤗

Blaming Gauti for what? Nah not yet! Will go after lunch probably 😆

Back...had fun chatting with you on the ph 🤣 Mom said OKAY! 😃
bhinder.thind thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Its our habit and nature to forget individual good for 1 wrong thing ... Its funny how Media and people are blaming Gambhir .. A guy who won you world cup (came in light when we were 2 down all dreams were about to shatter) I have seen him improving down to up in years .. When he came in aroung 2005-06, He was batsmen of 20-25 runs ... but he worked hard and came back as regular operner in all 3 formats ... I don't think he needs money LOL .. Even before he came in Team India, Belongs to top class Business Family ... He has batted many teams by carrying injuries ... Against South Africa in a Test remember?? Shame Shame Shame on media .. When will they get mature a bit?
spiritcrimson thumbnail
Media only knows how to blame a cricketer, forgetting whatever he has done for the nation. Sad, but true. This is one thing I hate about our media!