Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -Honeybee-

Heyy Radzz!!

wonderful write up...finally  done with the reading...

sorry as I was busy I could not read at that time...this month I will be busy so I wont comment as soon as u update so do wait for my comments...πŸ˜ƒ

Much love,
Honey

Thank you so so so sooo much Honey!πŸ€—
For ur time... for ur patience and the appericiation!!!!!!!!!πŸ€—
It means alottt to me...πŸ€—
radt thumbnail

Extremely Sorry for the terribly late update. It's just that first it was my birthday😳... then a very dear friend's... then my net got stuck... then I am too lazy even for excuses. But hope u pardon me and leave ur valuable comments. P.S. will update another Mayurish chapter this Monday. Promise!πŸ˜‰

Chapter 4

Throughout the class one could see a restless, irritated Nupur sitting inattentively. To worsen matters, a totally chilled out Mayank sat right next to her. (Being the last ones to enter, they had no option)

She kept fuming and shifting in her chair edgily.

Only one person could be more restless and irritable than her, then. Sheena!

Had she been given the option, she could have tossed her best chum right outside the class like a paper ball and be seated in her place.

Professor Shukla continued teaching with full fervour without realising how least interested the lot was in his History class.

Deodhar Sir interrupted the class for an announcement.

"Your partners for the projects have been decided. Names are displayed on the main notice board. You better not come to me trying to sort any changes because this is how it will be. Since this is your first project, so the work load has been decreased alot.  But you won't be getting the usual 15 days for the same. 1 week and I must get your reports. And by tomorrow I need the finalised topics."

Nupur's glum face lit up. She was so excited about the first project. She had the topic in mind already... Movies... Bollywood.

Mayank's cool face straightened a bit. It showed that he had already started thinking about the project topic.

BBBRRRIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nupur rushes towards the notice board. Mayank hurries too.

FIRST YEAR ECONOMICS PROJECT PARTNERS (final list)

_

_

_

_

_

_

Mayank Sharma

Christina

_

_

_

_

_

_

Nupur Bhushan

Chilaungee

_

_

_

_

_

Nupur..."Chilaungee...? By God! This reminds me of Morrena."

Mayank, trying to find his name, "hope it's not her" whispering to himself.

Nupur standing right in front of him overhears. Turn back and retorts, "You're not that lucky."

She moves out of the horde pushing Mayank to the side.

Mayank: (from behind) Ha! You think so... you... you...

Nupur: (humming to herself, without looking back once leaves) La..la...lalala...

Mayank: (to himself) *grrr* I hate it the most when I am talking to someone and get ignored... that bad. *grrr*

*In the mess...*

Nupur notices a geek with his head almost dug into his food plate munching fries and burger in the same go and drinking Coke as if he was offered food after ages.

She immediately turned her face away else she would never be able to eat... ever.

Nupur(to herself): Now where do I find Chilgoza Ji? Oops!  Chilaungee... Chilaungee Ji...

As she is about to look for him in the canteen (most first years were there) she bumped right into someone who would be anything but sorry for that.

Nupur: I am so sorry... I jus... Oh! It's you...

Adhiraj: (who had been dreamily observing her for long) Don't be! Was my mistake. I wasn't watching where I was walking...

It was a pretty hard chore for him ever since he first saw her.

Nupur: Oh! It's ok. Actually, I was looking for someone...

Adhiraj: (eagerly) Can I help? Please...

Nupur: Well... (Hesitantly) Hope it's not the kind of help I got in the morning.

Adhiraj: Morning? What? Did the gang do something...?? I am so sorry...

Nupur: No worries! I can handle stuff... By any chance do you happen to know Chilaungee Ji?

Adhiraj: (kept smiling, lost in her eyes0

Nupur: *clears throat* Do you...?

Adhiraj: *suddenly* Huh? I... Sorry...

Nupur: *pulls up a fake smile* that's fine. Excuse me... (she leaves)

Adhiraj: (too suddenly) Yes! We ragged him this morning... There he is... *points towards the table the hungry-looking geek sat*

Nupur: Well... Ummm... I... th... thanks... er... i think!

She turns to the guy and asks if he has any plans about the project. The geek looks angrily and covers his food doubting that she'd ask for a share.

After a futile effort of twenty-five minutes...

A very exhausted Nupur quits and decides to get the project done herself. She is worried for she had never done anything on her own. She has always been dependent on her school friends for helping her with studies. But here, she was all alone.

Fidgeting with the edge of her dupatta she kept loitering here and there till she banged with the person she was least interested to see ever again... Mayank.

*both rubbing their shoulders*

Nupur: (to herself) By God! What else am I going to see today...!

Mayank: Are you very sure you don't need spects?

Nupur: By God! How do you expect not to hit others when you keep your nose held high in pride when you walk...

Mayank: Oh Please! It was your fault...

Nupur: Correction! Not Fault... Bad luck! It was my bad luck...

Mayank: Listen! I do not have time for your juvenile arguments. I need to work on my project which is going to be marked the highest. So Go! Find some other playmate. I am just not interested.

Nupur: Project? *smiling naughtily* My topic is way better than yours...

Mayank: Ha! Is that so? Well, if you must know... unlike most other students preparing projects on films, my topic is going to be TV. "The role of women as depicted in soap operas". Huh! Better.

And he leaves. Nupur is beaming with excitement.

Next Day In Deodhar Sir's Class

Nupur was unusually chirpy despite being seated with Mayank for the second day too. She wasn't cursing the stars nor the girl who had taken up the seat next to Sheena before she could sit there.

Sheena however, was her usual glum self. She was distracted throughout the class and kept giving side glances to Mayank and Nupur.

Mayank too, wasn't cool that day as he usually was seen. Reason: Nupur was extremely elated. Could that mean trouble for him, he thought.

Towards the end of the lecture, Deodhar Sir asked everyone to stand up in their respective places and announce their topics to the class.

As Mayank's and Nupur's turn came, Nupur almost sprang up her seat and spoke "The role of women as depicted in soap operas".

Mayank was taken aback. And when his turn came he tried to explain how the idea was originally his own. Deodhar Sir did not seem convinced.

Mayank kept looking with full hatred towards his unbothered partner.

Finally Deodhar Sir allowed them to work on the same topic for their projects.

BRRRIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayank: How could you? I have never seen such a cheater in my life... I won't spare you...

Nupur: By God! Who believes that? *smiles impishly* You know... I have a feeling that your project is going to be the best... Second Best.

Mayank: You can copy my topic. But the project. How do you think you'll manage that...?

Nupur has already left.

Nupur went home and started working as hard as she usually worked only for her finals. She had her mind set. She was not going to let him win. She did not sleep that night.

Nor the nights that followed gave her piece.

She had kept her nose at the grindstone. And now was working towards saving her pride.

She hardly spoke to anyone in college that week.

Mayank kept to himself and wouldn't even look towards her.

The coming week was going to decide who was better out of the two.

1 WEEK LATER...

PROJECT SUBMISSION DAY...

Nupur came to the college looking lifeless. It looked as if she had not slept for days altogether, which was indeed true. She dragged herself towards the class with full determination.

As she entered the class (she was hardly able to open her eyes) and tried to look for a seat with a lot of effort, she saw Mayank waving towards her with his Mayank-ish cool smile.

Nupur looked here and there and turned back to be sure whether it was her he was waving at.

She shook her head to see if she was dreaming.

Mayank: Hi Nupur! Come... (Motioned her to sit by his side)

Nupur: By God! Am I still asleep? (as she moved to join him)

Mayank: How was your night? Did you not have a good night's sleep. You look so tired. Oh! Give me you bag. Let me help you... *he pulled out the chair for her to sit*

Nupur: *in utter puzzlement sits* Mayank... are you alright? I mean you hit your head or something...? In the library, did an encyclopaedia fall over your head...?

Mayank: Hahaha! You're so cute. Ofcourse I am ok. I am just waiting for the projects to be submitted so that you realize that any amount of effort you put in is in vain because I am going to get the highest marks for the project.

Nupur: *sounding relieved* That's my boy! (and turned her face away)

As Deohar came to the class, everyone submitted their projects one by one. As Nupur moved to submit her report, Mayank said, "Best of luck".

Nupur: You'll need it more.

As the class disperserd during their break, Nupur was talking to Sheena.

Nupur: I really hope my project gets an A+ and his a B.

Sheena: Whatever. By the way, are you two really close?

Nupur: Huh? Close...?

Sheena: No. You seem to be the only girl he talks to in the entire class.

Nupur: My bad!(indifferently) Why is there so much commotion in the college?

Sheena: *looks around* Seems like a new announcement displayed on the notice board. Lets go.

MAIN NOTICE BOARD

June 1, 2011

Excell College, Mumbai

The first year students are all invited for the Freshers' Party being organised in the college campus tomorrow evening from 6pm onwards. The second years are expected t report latest by 12 noon for the preparations.

Head Girl

Sheena: (sounding super excited) Nupsie!!! Freshers' Party... Our freshers' party tomorrow! OMG! I don't believe this... No wonder the second years were so secretive and uninviting here. They were planning a surprise.

Nupur: (beaming) By God! Have to pick up a dress today itself...  *laughing* Sheeniee... SHOPPING!!!!!!

As they left, Adhiraj stood nearby, leaning by a pillar contentedly looking at Nupur smiling and thought, "She is so beautiful".

5:30 pm...

At Nupur's Place...

Sheena is waiting for her.

Sheena: Nupur! Are we ready? OMG! We don't have the entire day. Who told you to cook so much for uncle when you knew you'd take so long to get ready?

Nupur: 2 minutes... I am almost ready.

Sheena: (impatiently) I have been hearing this for the past half an hour.

Nupur: Can we leave?

Sheena: OMG! Suit again? *sigh* Let's go.

Excell College

Party Venue

Banner: FRESHERS' 2011-2012

Sheena: (thinking to herself) I better stick to her throughout the party or where will the difference be. (adjusting her short white one piece)

Nupur: (greeting everyone who looked towards her with a smile) I hope I get to know him better.

Adhiraj, who stood next to a ravishing looking Diya, suddenly lost control over his senses as her saw Nupur coming. Dressed in a red-white suit, she had kept her long hair open and looked like an angel descended from heaven. He was completely lost in her and could have stood there watching her smile and talk like that forever had Diya not brought him back to his senses.

Diya:- Adi! What the hell? Where are you looking...?

Adhiraj: Sorry Babes! I just...

Diya: Not a problem. Stay here. Let me check the arrangements and i'll be back.

Adhiraj nodded and moved towards her girl.

Adhiraj: Hi Nupur!

Nupur: Hey! Sheena.. that's Adhiraj...

Sheena: (he's so cute) Hey! You know him?

Adhiraj: We met yesterday. Nupur, you look stunning.

Nupur: (smiling) Thank you.

Sheena: Excuse Us please! And took Nupur towards another corner.

Mayank: Hi Nupur!

Nupur: (turned back) Oh! You're here too. How come? Won't your books feel deserted?

Mayank: haha! You're just so sweet... (and leaves)

Nupur: (sighs) Sheena! Like I was saying...

Mayank: Nupur Bhushan! I am going to tell you that you're not the only one who can play pranks or be mischievous.  Wait and watch! The Party has just begun.

PRECAP: Mayank and Nupur walking alone in rain. Mayank looking at her and smiling.

P.S.Tell me if I am going a bit out-of-pace!😳

walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Fast paced and good writing.  Keep up the good work.
--jiya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I'm totally loving this pace Radz!!πŸ˜ƒ... I loved ur surprise.. Nupur and Chilaungee as project partners!!πŸ˜†... I hope she scores better than Mayank!!😳

the precap is so exciting.. By God!! I love MayUr in rain!!😳😍

update soon!!πŸ€—
n belated happy birthdayπŸ€—

~jiya~
radt thumbnail
Originally posted by: walquest2000

Fast paced and good writing.  Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much Gramps! Your reviews do wonders!πŸ€—

Originally posted by: jiya_angel

I'm totally loving this pace Radz!!πŸ˜ƒ... I loved ur surprise.. Nupur and Chilaungee as project partners!!πŸ˜†... I hope she scores better than Mayank!!😳

the precap is so exciting.. By God!! I love MayUr in rain!!😳😍

update soon!!πŸ€—
n belated happy birthdayπŸ€—

~jiya~

Thank you sooo much Jiya!πŸ€—
For ur support and appericiation n ofcourse time!πŸ€—
Really means alot to me.
P.S. I have a surprise in store in the next update!πŸ€—
Edited by radt - 12 years ago
Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
res!

-edited-

i LOVED this update. for starters, your writing style is AWESOME. i can imagine everything happening and that's quite an achievement if it comes from someone like me who never liked mayur in the first place. ;p 

lmfao, i loved nupur & mayank's LITTLE fight when they went to see who they're paired up. LOL, ''you're not that lucky!!'' ''you.. you'' 🀣🀣 i can so totally picture a chilled out nupur walking away from a frustated mayank! ;O

and, i find adhiraj creepy, to be honest; the way he keeps stalking her. LOL, but.. well, they're cute. and LOL @ nupur being paired with uday's geeky version. 🀣🀣 

LOL.. i loved the way nupur copied mayank's project topic! 🀣 that girl is SOMETHING. 🀣🀣 and, aw, mayank being all nice to her.. even if it was sarcasm. πŸ˜†.. i really hope nupur wins, though; she worked REALLY hard... 

anddd, freshers party, sounds INTERESTING. lol, there comes the creepy adhiraj again.. && i have a feeling that sheena is going to be a kabab mein chaddi between mayank & nupur. :p the precap sounds CUTE.. continue soon! 

Edited by _Akanksha_ - 12 years ago
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome updtae Radt... I loved Nupur-Mayank nok-jhok... They are so cute, aww poor Nups she got chiru jee as her partner, I hope she scores better than Mayank...

Lol adi's lovestruck...
I can't wait for the pre-cap MayUr in the rain... ❀️   

and the pace is okay, fast but its okay...continue like this...

Edited by princez_94 - 12 years ago
Faria. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Wow wow - awesome update radz
amazing...awww my nupur worked hard on project... i hope she will top on it...
love mayur nok- jhok as usual- very cute

precap is damn cute.

i really enjoyed d whole part...

waiting for this part
keep it up

belated happy birth Day dear- May ALLAH bless u and give u all d happiness of d world..

valliyah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fabulous update...Loved Mayur's Tom n Jerry fight...precap is just😍...cont soon...!!!

Belated Happy Birthday...!!!
DhanakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
First of all Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear
Lovely part with perfect pace
Mayur nok jhok is so cute
waiting for next part
thanks for pm
cont soon